Rich Rod

StateOfMiamiU

Freshman
Let's say hypothetically we suck this year and al gets fired, would there be a possibility of us getting rich Rodriguez as coach. He's done pretty good at Arizona so basically what I'm asking is Arizona a better job right now or could we get him. His offense could work really well with our athletes.

Advertisement
NOPE! He is building a program in Arizona which he is committed to and he is being paid roughly the same as what Miami would pay him. Not to mention at Arizona he can get in whom ever he wants as long as they have cleared the NCAA.

Go Canes

NOPE! He is building a program in Arizona which he is committed to and he is being paid roughly the same as what Miami would pay him. Not to mention at Arizona he can get in whom ever he wants as long as they have cleared the NCAA.

Go Canes

He will never win as big as he wants at Zona. Not playing USC every year. He can't get the horses. I could see our next coach coming from the PAC 12

Go Canes

He will never win as big as he wants at Zona. Not playing USC every year. He can't get the horses. I could see our next coach coming from the PAC 12

Lets see he beat #2 Oregon (mater of fact he beat them a few times I believe) and he won the Pac 12 south title, so it looks like he is on his way to winning big in Tuscon.

[video=youtube;o5yRRdI0L4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yRRdI0L4o[/video]

[video=youtube;U8REn0w7k6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8REn0w7k6E[/video]

Last edited:

Go Canes

Lets see he beat #2 Oregon (mater of fact he beat them a few times I believe) and he won the Pac 12 south title, so it looks like he is on his way to winning big in Tuscon.

[video=youtube;o5yRRdI0L4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yRRdI0L4o[/video]

[video=youtube;StYIYE01Rac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StYIYE01Rac[/video]

He is maxed out. They got waxed in the Pac 12 game vs Oregon. USC is waking back up and has a legit shot at the playoffs. He'll never compete at that level at Arizona. Living on the West Coast for 18 years, I know the kind of players Zona gets. If you think winning big is a division title, then you will fit right in with this current Miami regime.

Advertisement

Go Canes

He was building a program at WVU as well and could have got paid basically whatever he asked for. Michigan calls and he bails. He would leave in a minute if he thought the situation was better. Not sure Miami is though

Go Canes

he can recruit just fine from Cali which has an endless supply of talent. Add to the gems that are now popping up in his own state and recruiting is not a problem.

Right now UM is a downgrade from Arizona when it comes to football imo.

[MENTION=3898]jmccomber5[/MENTION] winning the south is big a deal for Ariz.

As for my standards for Miami, I have high hopes for the program just like the rest of us, but I am also a realist an understand that Golden has a lot changing to do before he becomes an elite head coach at Miami.

GO Canes

Advertisement
I think Rich Rod is OK with being at a program without national championship aspirations. I don't see him leaving.

He would kill it here and finally do what every coach since Coker should've done, use our recruiting base to its maximum. His offense would have every high school recruit in the state begging for an offer. Get the right defensive coordinator in here, I'd personally love Schiano, we'd be in the hunt yearly like the old days.

Would be a huge upgrade obviously. But we have the caliber of coach we deserve, so don't hold your breath.

Advertisement
Cane Dynasty i Must say you are truly a Butch Davis Loyal fan i hope he get the job also but its so up in the air lets first get AL out of here .

Go Canes

He was building a program at WVU as well and could have got paid basically whatever he asked for. Michigan calls and he bails. He would leave in a minute if he thought the situation was better. Not sure Miami is though

this is the big thing

how do you fail at michigan and then think he's gonna succeed at miami?

with all those endless resources the wolverines have, he failed

Lmao

You are delusional if you dont think so. Miami is beyond irrelevant right now.

Anyway I agree with riddler, why would rich rod leave his cushy gig for probably at best similar pay to come to coach a team with fans who would have crazy expectations.

At Arizona the most they will demand is a few 10+ win seasons, and win homecoming every year so they can continue to party it up, great gig

Advertisement

Lmao

You are delusional if you dont think so. Miami is beyond irrelevant right now.

Anyway I agree with riddler, why would rich rod leave his cushy gig for probably at best similar pay to come to coach a team with fans who would have crazy expectations.

At Arizona the most they will demand is a few 10+ win seasons, and win homecoming every year so they can continue to party it up, great gig

Crazy expectations? We are the canes we want wins, he was in michigan were their expectations are much like ours, his offense will flurish here

How can we be irrelevant? I keep seeing #relevance from fans.

Also, lulz at the 'Arizona hasn't won anything before and isn't an elite program so he won't ever get the talent or championships.' It appears some people believe that Miami was always an elite dynasty.

RR's base salary may be comparable to what UM can pay, but UM can't offer the same perks. IIRC, some big oil guy gave em' a handsome share in His company.

Stand a better chance of Urban taking a $2.5mil cut to coach the "U", than Davis or Rich coming to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Back