Ricardo Louis to FSU

The bigger picture is a kid from Fla giving the middle finger to a SEC team that just won a NC and decides to go to his state school and move to the ACC.

Auburn is losing recruits and maybe Ricardo sends a message to Avery Young and Leanard that Auburn sucks increasing our chances for these other recruits.

Advertisement
=bes628;189174 As far as beating a team when they are down ....we are the school thats down and hasn't stopped anybody who's beaten us from adding it to the Win column. Just ******* win.

Again, we "won" against ohio state this year. How significant was that really??? We finished 6-6. The asterisks finished, what? 7-6? If that's the "just ******* win" that you're refering to, then I think you be missin' da boat.

How can we as Canes fans say that recruits shouldnt be afraid of competition when signing with UM then say we are afraid of FSU, VT & Clemson signing top talent as well. Its what made the 1980's the most epic time in CFB. The Canes won 4 titles back then.....FSU finished SECOND TO US TWICE and THIRD ONCE. BAM!!! That's Hurricane football!! Old Skool style, bay-beee. :)

I'm not afraid of any competition. And certainly not afraid of Jimbo Fisher. But this whole notion that Miami needs a good FSU is nonsense. No other team has benefited more from their rivals being down than FSU. They're the vultures of college football. UF and Miami getting hit hard with sanctions in the 80's and 90's paved the way for FSU to become the preeminent team of the 90's. **** them. Don't care if they continue to lose 4 games a year.

I'm not afraid of any competition. And certainly not afraid of Jimbo Fisher. But this whole notion that Miami needs a good FSU is nonsense. No other team has benefited more from their rivals being down than FSU. They're the vultures of college football. UF and Miami getting hit hard with sanctions in the 80's and 90's paved the way for FSU to become the preeminent team of the 90's. **** them. Don't care if they continue to lose 4 games a year.

I do not share that opinion. In the era of BCS computerized rankings, having quality opponents in conference is critical. Look no further than this year's MNC game between bama and L$U.

More to the point, Its more enjoyable to see UM beat FSU and Va Tech when they are both 9+ win teams.

Advertisement
I thought he took the duffel bag to go to auburn?

If my pseudo-intel is accurate, its not that Ricardo Louis took cashish but that he had tried to use a street agent to negotiate with certain college coaches. Senior Golden said No Mas to that concept and moved along.

That said, I'd rather see him at FSU than Auburn. I prefer these kids to stay in-state.... and away from the SEC whenever possible.

So you prefer kids to go to our rival school and help beat us on the field. Thats God **** retarded.

It is in Miami's best interest for the Atlantic Coast Conference to get much better.

If my pseudo-intel is accurate, its not that Ricardo Louis took cashish but that he had tried to use a street agent to negotiate with certain college coaches. Senior Golden said No Mas to that concept and moved along.

That said, I'd rather see him at FSU than Auburn. I prefer these kids to stay in-state.... and away from the SEC whenever possible.

I dont have any info, but how we have approached his recruiting fits your intel.

I do not share that opinion. In the era of BCS computerized rankings, having quality opponents in conference is critical. Look no further than this year's MNC game between bama and L$U.

More to the point, Its more enjoyable to see UM beat FSU and Va Tech when they are both 9+ win teams.

Okie State didn't miss out because Texas lost 5 games this year. They missed out because they lost to a scrub *** Iowa State team. Again, I'm all for the entire ACC, not just FSU, to step up and better as it will help not just with national perception, but also in TV deals. But we do not need FSU to be a national force in order for us to be good. We need to just handle our own business and stop losing to the likes of UVa.

Advertisement

So you prefer kids to go to our rival school and help beat us on the field. Thats God **** retarded.

It is in Miami's best interest for the Atlantic Coast Conference to get much better.

Agreed. We've got local kids wanting to play football in the damned SEC because they keep winning titles. The ACC is an awful mess and has horrible national perception. I'd like to see that turn around, and we've got to be a part of it.

If these kids get money, more power to them. To be honest, I am so over this money thing, it ain't funny. I truely am, I hope Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Louisville, etc. I hope all these kids take them for everything they can.

Advertisement

Seriously...**** the conference. How about we just win the games we play and **** what everybody else is doing.

Advertisement
If these kids get money, more power to them. To be honest, I am so over this money thing, it ain't funny. I truely am, I hope Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Louisville, etc. I hope all these kids take them for everything they can.

Guess u want us to continue to lose out on blue chip recruits to SEC teams and FSU due to the bag. I would love to see it slowed to a crawl. If u want money for playing the game....go to college....develop and prove yourself....go to the league.

Guess u want us to continue to lose out on blue chip recruits to SEC teams and FSU due to the bag. I would love to see it slowed to a crawl. If u want money for playing the game....go to college....develop and prove yourself....go to the league.

From these kids perspective, be honest, they and their families aint got crap. They are making the NCAA and the colleges millions and you putting all the risk of injury. Everyone says the scholly and crap, but they can't take a regular job, make money like you and I. ***** it, I hope they can take as much out of the system as they can. I flat our encourage it. I wish we had the kinda money to do it also, the boosters to get away with it, but we don't. There are enough unheralded players that are just as good that won't require the big payouts. That is where we are, we have to find them.

I am tired of all the complaining about not getting an athlete because of L$U, Clem$on, Bama$$$,$EC, etc. They go, they go. I ain't going to fault them for getting what they can. To be honest, if I was in there shoes, I would do the same **** thing and 99% of the hypocrites saying they wouldn't also would. Most of these kids don't have 2 pennies to rub together and neither do their families. I would think they are friggin morons for not taking it. It is easy for most of us middle class, pretty well off people to sit back and say they should do it bacause it is against the rules, and they should be better than that. BS. The NCAA slavery system that is running BCS football should be better than that.
It sucks, but that is reality of it and it aint changing anytime soon. *****in about it and crying about it aint' going to position the team any better due to it, so you have to look at it as how do we make our team better in the current system as it exists today. I think Golden has a good idea about that part of it and is going to do well with what we can get.

Advertisement
Back