Rhett Lashlee with Joe Rose on WQAM

Paranos

All-ACC
Rhett Lashless was on WQAM this morning speaking with Joe Rose.

Good Listen, also here the link to the Dennis Dodd article on Miami that they are referencing on WQAM its a great article by the way.

Go Canes

Advertisement
This quote says a lot about Lashlee:

"Lashlee may have done his best work in his lone season at UConn in 2017. The Huskies went from 122nd to 50th in total offense despite not having a receiver or running back who could run faster than a 4.7."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because our fans are dopes who don’t pay attention to recruiting and how much the NFL still covets our players despite our ****** coaches leading us to abominable results.
Yeah, it really is all on the coaches to get the best out of the players. We ARE talented, but poor coaching doesn't put the players in the best position to succeed. It sure as **** doesn't instill the discipline needed to perform at a high level every week. Poor coaching also doesn't lead to respect from the players. Fear is a great motivator, and you'll never convince me our players have feared a coach since Butch Davis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm cautiously optimistic when it comes to the offense. I compare the offensive transition to what happened from D'No to Diaz. The defensive players loooked like trash, but when they we put in a fast aggressive offense then everyone looked better. We're making the same kind of change with the offense, so I'm expecting the player to look better in a system that actually makes sense. Lashlee can recognize that the players weren't being utilized to they full capabilities.

Lashlee says he wants to make the offense simple so his guys can play fast.

“We want to play fast, but that doesn’t just mean tempo,” he said. “We want our guys to play fast. It doesn’t matter if you have a world class athlete, if you put so much in their head they’re going to play slower. We want to get where we have enough offensively, schematically to be successful but also put them in a position where they’re confident. And for them to be confident they have to know what to do, what to do so well that they’re going out and reacting. We want to play fast mentally which will allow us to play at our highest level physically. That’s what the goal of our system is and what we’re working toward.”

Advertisement
Back