Rhett Lashlee VS Brent Venebals

Advertisement
Matchup I've been waiting for.

Brent has been playing predominantly Zone coverage this year with a Zone Blitz Scheme. Their corners have been playing off coverage as well.

D'eriq King has chewed Zone coverage up this year.
UL stacked the box he through for over 300 yards-off coverage
FSU played soft coverage he methodically marched down the field-off coverage
A DC like Venebals will take notice. And I see him challenging our WR at the LOS in press coverage and disrupting timing. Something our WR have not seen a lot this season yet and could have this offense issues.

Thoughts?
crossing routes are effective vs press.

I think Rhett throws hella formations at Brent but just to still be able to run the ball. I think if we can find a way to run on Clemson, we win this game. Look for the best players to be on the field and scheme to run the ball. Just having the threat of weapons will allow us to run the ball and keep chains moving.

crossing routes are effective vs press.
A running QB like King, we’ll see more of the same zone blitzes. I doubt BV rolls the dice and tries to press and send pressure. That will be crazy. I think OSU gave them
**** on the ground. I think we follow that game plan.

Key is in the trenches as usual...hope our OL improvement continues and we know our DL can dominate.

Advertisement
If they’re going to play man and press, expect plenty of stacked receiver sets. Also, expect a huge day on the ground from King. UAB ran a ton of man and King took off as soon as he saw the backs of the DB’s jerseys. Louisville committed the linebackers to stopping the run and played with their DBs off and King killed them with the intermediate passing game. FSU played zone and tried to rely on getting pressure with just their down linemen and King picked them apart. It’s really a pick your poison type of deal.

I'm just happy that we finally seem to have an OC that will actually use the bye week to improve the team. Looking forward to seeing the new wrinkles next week.

This is our WR’s game to win. They are going to pressed & played 1 on 1. He’s going to try & take away our TE’s & run game. They need to be great.

Advertisement
If they’re going to play man and press, expect plenty of stacked receiver sets. Also, expect a huge day on the ground from King. UAB ran a ton of man and King took off as soon as he saw the backs of the DB’s jerseys. Louisville committed the linebackers to stopping the run and played with their DBs off and King killed them with the intermediate passing game. FSU played zone and tried to rely on getting pressure with just their down linemen and King picked them apart. It’s really a pick your poison type of deal.
When you think about how jarren and enos forced that rpo slant 200 times and he threw 100 picks off of it and we lost to fiu it makes you really grateful for king and lash. They play to strengths and adjust based on the defense

When you think about how jarren and enos forced that rpo slant 200 times and he threw 100 picks off of it and we lost to fiu it makes you really grateful for king and lash. They play to strengths and adjust based on the defense
Yup. They only had one pass option on the RPO so all a linebacker had to do was take one false step forward and then drop into zone for an easy play on the slant. FIU saw it coming a mile away.

Brent has been playing predominantly Zone coverage this year with a Zone Blitz Scheme. Their corners have been playing off coverage as well.

A DC like Venebals will take notice. And I see him challenging our WR at the LOS in press coverage and disrupting timing. Something our WR have not seen a lot this season yet and could have this offense issues.

Thoughts?
Then you run those 2 TE sets with one TE out wide all day.

Advertisement
It's all fine and dandy to say play man but teams are doing it to have players facing King. Back turnt and he picks up 20, 30 yards. I'm genuinely not worried about our offense against them. I am worried about our LBs gap fits and discipline in coverage

Thoughts?
Are we still talking about this overrated d-co, he's the peyton manning of d-co's with all that unnecessary post snap crap, we talking about this guy right:

Advertisement
" It’s really a pick your poison type of deal."

It most certainly was. Clemson picked their favorite poison then proceeded to force feed it to us via every ******* imaginable.

Are we still talking about this overrated d-co, he's the peyton manning of d-co's with all that unnecessary post snap crap, we talking about this guy right:

Yes that's him. The guy that pushed Lashlee's **** in last night. I'm fairly certain that because of the sheer brutality of the encounter Lashlee would be well within his rights to file rape charges against Venables. Venables violated Lashlee in every possible way imaginable. Dude did some nasty things to Lash. Poor Lash. He might be traumatized by this for the remainder of the season.

Yes that's him. The guy that pushed Lashlee's **** in last night. I'm fairly certain that because of the sheer brutality of the encounter Lashlee would be well within his rights to file rape charges against Venables. Venables violated Lashlee in every possible way imaginable. Dude did some nasty things to Lash. Poor Lash. He might be traumatized by this for the remainder of the season.
I'll give lashlee a pass since he at least tried to run alot of the same **** we been running the last 3 games, but he definitely didn't help out alot with those plays called. Many times had we hit Clemson with screen passes, we would've gashed em, but I knew it was going get tough once Clemson felt like our receivers couldn't beat them in man coverage. The way Clemson kept blitzing their linebackers, we could've picked them apart, Clemson respected our d-line but not our soft coverage, they had already planned on using our defensive speed against us, after that first drive they had baker guessing. I could tell early on diaz game plan was thinking in this game we could lean on the offense.

The sad part is, we definitely won the special teams phase of the game and still barely got points. Also, the transfer qb showed heart but got away from being smart with the football, on that pick he threw where he was trying to give wiggins a chance to make a play, cam was wide open at the bottom left.

Advertisement
Back