Rhett Lashlee VS Brent Venebals

Matchup I've been waiting for.

Brent has been playing predominantly Zone coverage this year with a Zone Blitz Scheme. Their corners have been playing off coverage as well.

D'eriq King has chewed Zone coverage up this year.
UL stacked the box he through for over 300 yards-off coverage
FSU played soft coverage he methodically marched down the field-off coverage
A DC like Venebals will take notice. And I see him challenging our WR at the LOS in press coverage and disrupting timing. Something our WR have not seen a lot this season yet and could have this offense issues.

Thoughts?
Be careful for what you ask for.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
We didn’t even punch with them. That’s the most disappointing part of it all. I understand they had some intentional stuff seemingly saved for us last night, but we never countered. And, other teams this year will play their defense better than we did. Disappointing.

Brent has been playing predominantly Zone coverage this year with a Zone Blitz Scheme. Their corners have been playing off coverage as well.

A DC like Venebals will take notice. And I see him challenging our WR at the LOS in press coverage and disrupting timing. Something our WR have not seen a lot this season yet and could have this offense issues.

Thoughts?
Lashlee got his *** kicked in big time.

Advertisement

Thoughts?

Yeah welp I hit the nail on the head hahaha.
the sopranos smoking GIF

Be careful for what you ask for.

Go Canes!!!!

Man, I was hoping he wouldn't be thats the only strategy that has not been done yet this year. Pitt will do the same thing the play press man all game and dare you to beat them over the top. Our receivers have to step up.

lashleee def. Got outcoached by overrated Venable..... it ain't like he did anything special. lashllee looked like he had 6 plays in his playbook. Miami got exposed because our wr's cane win individual match ups vs avg to above avg corners. Not once did you see him scheme his way to create a mismatch.. I thought for sure he'd figure out a way to expose that ****** ads safety Nolan whatever his name is. Instead he tried his basic run plays. dj scafie is trash btw

Advertisement
Was he on the take?

Sure looked like it.

That was not the “way” he called UL and FSU.

I’m not hindsighting the result. Look how much more varied his calls in terms of screens, short routes, and throws on run downs were. He never moved the pocket.

He just reverted back to the USB gameplan like Clemson was a G5 or FCS team. We all expected the opposite, which is why many of us predicted the upset. He inexplicably did the exact opposite.

The way he personally **** the bed had nothing to do with talent or Venables. His failure allowed Clemson to pile up momentum and destroy us.

If we pulled out all the stops and we get our *** kicked, so be it. Lashlee should be ashamed of the effort and preparation he put into Saturday night. Hopefully he will bounce back.

Advertisement
Back