Revisiting our 2019 class

Advertisement
Manny sucks but a lot of that class failure needs to rightfully be placed on Richt as well. He was not his best self unfortunately and we were a trash 7-5 team that lost in the bowl game by 5 scores.

There was really no momentum and no time to do anything with Richt had left of it.

Manny sucks but a lot of that class failure needs to rightfully be placed on Richt as well. He was not his best self unfortunately and we were a trash 7-5 team that lost in the bowl game by 5 scores.

There was really no momentum and no time to do anything with Richt had left of it.
yep and also like most transition classes across the country it was full of busts. on the defensive side there's less of an excuse because of the staff carry over but this still has the hallmarks of a classic transition class: highly rated kids recruited by one staff failing under another (Payton), kids taken late in the process who transfer out (C. Williams), 3 star projects that don't amount to anything (Matocha, ElGammal).

you have to give Manny credit for bringing in Jaelan Phillips, KJ Osborn, Bubba Bolden and Trevon Hill this same year as transfers... basically the only reason we were respectable the next season. but even w/ the transfers you can see the typical dart throwing and letdowns that happen w/ a coaching transition: Asa Martin (Richt), Tommy Kennedy (Richt), Tate Martell etc

here are two articles from FSU's 247 site on how bad the transition classes under Taggart and Norvell were. you can't live like this & thankfully we aren't anymore. good luck to FSU tho

I get the point, but I will still give these players credit for committing to my school despite Manny running the show.

Advertisement
Criminally bad when you consider half the staff including the HC had been at Miami since 2016. Even setting aside the fact they whiffed on most of the higher rated players, their evals of the players they got were also bad, despite having years to get to know many of them. The two best players were an Aussie punter and a 2-star left tackle from SC.

2 of our very lowest 4 rated signatories were out best--- great dispite their pitiful star rankings

Zion Nelson and Lou Hedley
ResizedP_4471f1e6-a937-4c7f-baa3-09e186db58a6_348913625086533.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back