Revisit:The Comeback - 2003 Miami Hurricanes vs Florida Gators Highlights

Here we go again…

6DCB2683-373A-40A0-BC3C-D6F63B75A251.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hesters return and Gores TD against FSU had nothing on Carlos Jones Pick6 against FSU in 94....without question...the Loudest moment in UM History...and most likely OB History....Twice as loud as the others....and I was at the other two as well...for an entire game, UM vs ND in 89.....
Thought the upper deck was coming down on top of us on that pick 6

Advertisement
18 years ago if they would have switched to the spread, we could have another ring or two. They stuck with 1980’s offense and the team fell off a cliff and hasn’t been able to get back up.

Thought the upper deck was coming down on top of us on that pick 6
My wife was scared sh*tless...Lol....the play before was loud as ****...(Kanell getting sacked) and it wasn't so much the decibel level when CJ picked it off....But the second he crossed the Goal line it sounded like an Atomic Bomb went off....

Man, when they went up 33-10 I got real scared, thinking it was going to get worse. Like UNC in 2020 bad. But what a comeback.

Advertisement
This is for all the baby CANES, this is how it feels when the Canes are rolling.....

Real talk, if the Canes were really rolling—would never have been down 33-10 to those jokers (7 of those points on the opening kickoff.)

Epic game and one of my favorite nights ever at the old Orange Bowl—and sticking to "The Gator" is always a godsend—but 2003 was really the beginning of the backslide.

Defense was a monster that year—better than 2002, but not quite 2001-level—but the offensive line took a step back and Brock Berlin, while a gamer, wasn't Dorsey-level.

Lots of stalled drive and a lot of field goals to eke out that last second win against West Virginia .... smoked 31-7 at Virginia Tech .... never found the end zone a week later in a 10-6 loss to Tennessee. Ugly, defensive, rain-soaked win at Tallahassee, 22-14—Sean Taylor responsible for seven of those points and field position on the others.

Canes lost Frank Gore against the Mountaineers, which left Jarrett Payton as the go-to back—which was definitely a massive step down (just like his fourth quarter work for Willis McGahee in the Fiasco Bowl.)

Miami's sweet spot was really that 2000-2002 run—35-2, which should've been 36-1 and three title game appearances (with a potential three-peat.)

Crazy how that 2000 squad had Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Jeremy Shockey—with DJ Williams as a pass-catching fullback. Insane the talent over those three years.

My wife was scared sh*tless...Lol....the play before was loud as ****...(Kanell getting sacked) and it wasn't so much the decibel level when CJ picked it off....But the second he crossed the Goal line it sounded like an Atomic Bomb went off....

I've seen a lot of loud games at the Orange Bowl—1994 against Florida State was probably #2 to 1989 against Notre Dame—both revenge games from the previous year where both foes came in defending national champs, with Miami just going next level and destroying them.

That pick by Carlos Jones was incredible—as was an early haul-in from CJ Richardson, I believe. The Jones pick cut to the sideline where Rohan came with the, "big time players make big time plays" refrain that Santana Moss re-channeled in 2000 after the Canes upset #1 Florida State (another defending champs-type take down, but a sweltering noon kickoff instead a freaks-come-out-at-night vibe.)

Chris T. Jones played tough and had some big grabs.

This 100%. How did we not make that adjustment after this game? Dude looked surgical from the gun. Might have been playing for another one since we were ranked 3 in this game.
Coker was asked about that at the time and he said something along the lines of "that's not what we do here". Golden, Enos, they had a similar syndrome, only know how to do things one way and aren't even that good at it.

Advertisement
Back