Reuben Foster LB

cway313

If I write K, you are an idiot
Premium
ATHENS, Ga. -- ESPN 150 five-star linebacker Reuben Foster (Auburn, Ala./Auburn) could not have picked a better time to visit Georgia. His arrival Friday in Athens was a welcomed bit of good news on a day that included the Bulldogs dismissing five-star running back Isaiah Crowell. Foster was making his second trip to Athens in as many weeks.

“It wasn’t a football trip but it kind of was,” Foster said. “I never spent the night in Athens. I wanted to spend time in Athens without being questioned about football and everything. It was amazing, too.”

Foster said he couldn’t believe the news about Crowell’s arrest for gun possession. He said he saw the fans’ reactions firsthand.

“People were hurt by the fact that he had it,” Foster said. “He didn’t do it but he had it. Probably wasn’t his gun but he got blamed for it. Everybody was hurt. He was a phenomenal player. Everybody cares about their Dawg nation around here.”

The fans he met while touring Athens made the nation’s No. 2 prospect feel welcome. He said he liked how they treat the players.

“The Bulldog nation really cares about them,” Foster said. “They were talking about how on my official they will throw me a party. The fans want me to have a party. But I said, ‘No, you can’t do that.’ So they said, ‘Okay, we'll just come down here and show you some love.’ So they are now talking about showing me some love -- ain’t going to throw a party or nothing -- but showing me some love when I come back up here.”

Fans reaching out to Foster is nothing new. On a previous visit to Athens, fans at a Georgia basketball game started chanting Foster’s name when they saw him sitting with the coaches.

“I met the dude who said my name at the basketball game,” Foster said. “He is the one that started it. I met him last night. He said, ‘Bro, I am the one that called your name out.’ I said, ‘Thank you for doing that.’ It was amazing. It got me. It caught my heart.”

Foster said he might be back for the Dawg Night camp July 13, but even if he doesn’t make it he said he will return to Athens soon.

“I am going to take an official visit back up here,” Foster said. “And official visits to USC, Miami, maybe Florida and South Carolina probably.”

As for Alabama and Auburn, Foster said he will not take official visits there simply because, “I have been there too many times.”3 8

PRINT

EMAIL

COMMENTS

RECOMMEND

Advertisement
If he wants a free trip, he'll get one. Al is smart enough to know that it's good for business when the top kids put you in their official visits list.

Advertisement
boy.... if Golden ever flips this kid, even though i know its a long shot.... i will do backflips... the kid can play!

Advertisement
Advertisement
The best part is how the Auburn coaches scripted his annoucement to match word for word with TJ Yeldon's speech from last year (5 star that switched from Auburn to Bama). Sending a message to Bammer...I like it.

Advertisement
The best part is how the Auburn coaches scripted his annoucement to match word for word with TJ Yeldon's speech from last year (5 star that switched from Auburn to Bama). Sending a message to Bammer...I like it.

What was the script?

Yeldons:

"Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of time and thought into where I want to go to school and continue my football career," Yeldon said in the statement. "I am blessed to be in a situation where I have several great opportunities and I appreciate everyone involved who has helped me get to this point.
"I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get to work on the things I need to do to prepare for college both athletically and academically. I am going to enroll at the University of Alabama in January.
"I have a lot of respect for Auburn, the coaches, and all of the people there, but at the end of the day I feel like the University of Alabama is the best situation and fit for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about it and I'm excited to get started."

Reubens:

Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of thought and time into where I wanted to (continue) my football career. I am blessed that I am in the situation where I have several great opportunities, and I appreciate everyone attending this meeting. I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get on with all the work that I need to do for high school and get prepared for college, both academically and athletically.

I am going to enroll at Auburn University.

I have a lot of respect for Alabama and the coaches and all the other people that are there. But at the end of the day, I felt like Auburn University is the place for me and my family and had the best situation for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about my decision, and I'm excited to get started.

Yeldons:

"Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of time and thought into where I want to go to school and continue my football career," Yeldon said in the statement. "I am blessed to be in a situation where I have several great opportunities and I appreciate everyone involved who has helped me get to this point.
"I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get to work on the things I need to do to prepare for college both athletically and academically. I am going to enroll at the University of Alabama in January.
"I have a lot of respect for Auburn, the coaches, and all of the people there, but at the end of the day I feel like the University of Alabama is the best situation and fit for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about it and I'm excited to get started."

Reubens:

Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of thought and time into where I wanted to (continue) my football career. I am blessed that I am in the situation where I have several great opportunities, and I appreciate everyone attending this meeting. I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get on with all the work that I need to do for high school and get prepared for college, both academically and athletically.

I am going to enroll at Auburn University.

I have a lot of respect for Alabama and the coaches and all the other people that are there. But at the end of the day, I felt like Auburn University is the place for me and my family and had the best situation for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about my decision, and I'm excited to get started.

Yea your right pretty spot on. Kinda an f u to bama

Question is why would foster agree to read that unless he had no knowledge of it unless he's just being a ****

Advertisement
Back