Rethink Opinion of Tre'Von Riggins

Advertisement
Riggins is a Lakewood kid & Coach Stroud is a Lakewood alum, I don't see us dropping him.

My only hope with Riggins is that he's fully healthy & ready to go & has a great Senior year.

I don't care about camps or any of that, just line up & show what you got on the field.

But our DLine class as it stands is pretty **** good if you ask me (assuming we land Height today & add Chantz in 2 weeks), plus we're still in the running to add at least another player later in the year depending on how our season goes.
Stroud is going to have the true 411. His Sophomore HS year at IMG did look good as a part time player. Junior year was missed due to injury. Went back to Lakewood, his zoned school. The Wood is not a super all HS recruits here place. He will have the opportunity to show he can dominate or not. He has not played the Rivals game and thus is not getting a lot of pub. Have heard there might be some academic issues which might be part of the concern.

Riggins is a Lakewood kid & Coach Stroud is a Lakewood alum, I don't see us dropping him.

My only hope with Riggins is that he's fully healthy & ready to go & has a great Senior year.

I don't care about camps or any of that, just line up & show what you got on the field.

But our DLine class as it stands is pretty **** good if you ask me (assuming we land Height today & add Chantz in 2 weeks), plus we're still in the running to add at least another player later in the year depending on how our season goes.
But many of the Porsters here said C. Williams is ours. It's a done deal.?

I know quite a few here don't care for his commitment. I admit, I never really watched film on the kid. Once I did, watched it several times to be precise, and see why the staff likes the kid. He is listed at 6'3 295 on Rivals. Watching his film on there at DE I was very impressed. He is quick off the ball, can run and uses his hands well. When you consider a kid his size and skills at DT, you can see why this kid is a 4*. I can only imagine what he'll be in Feeley's program. We finally getting the caliber DLinemen we need to compete with top 10 caliber teams.
I'm pretty sure he's going to be at DT. The fact that he played DE should make him a quicker DT. I'm sure the staff knows what they have in him. No concern here.

Advertisement

Living in St. Petersburg, it always amazes me how many good players come out of Lakewood. The school is the smallest public high school in Pinellas County (about 1100 students) by about 200 students, and has fewer than half the students of some of the larger schools.

Rivals (I know) has him at 6'4", 280. I know the height is likely off 1"-2" but what weight was this kid prior to injury and what would most feel is a good range for him?

Advertisement
Back