Restrospective Analysis Of The 2020 Class

Advertisement
Worse than we thought? Many knew it was an abomination. Manny should have never been hired.
Yeah mainly because a lot of these "4 stars" went on to G-5 schools and produced SQUAT even at that level. It's one thing to be a jag at Miami and P5 level, it's another thing to go down to G5 and still suck. Alot of these players even by the production or lack thereof at other schools were actually Division -II types.

Recruiting the wrong four stars, the wrong body types, and lack of development will do that.

Advertisement
This is the class that are our seniors this year. It is worse than we thought.

Nice writeup.

I think you summed it up well with:

"First, there are different tiers of four stars. Just because a recruiting service ranks you as a four-star does not mean that player is going to play like a blue-chip type player at the next level. Body type, measurements, and traits are extremely important."

It's one thing to take a player that may be undersized and/or a project as long as they have the production and stats to go along with the offer. It's an entirely different idea to take an entire class or two that fits that mold and hope they all develop.

It's a big reason why Manny failed so quickly here after Richt. He and his staff didn't have the tools to develop an entire roster of projects.

Nice writeup.

I think you summed it up well with:

"First, there are different tiers of four stars. Just because a recruiting service ranks you as a four-star does not mean that player is going to play like a blue-chip type player at the next level. Body type, measurements, and traits are extremely important."

It's one thing to take a player that may be undersized and/or a project as long as they have the production and stats to go along with the offer. It's an entirely different idea to take an entire class or two that fits that mold and hope they all develop.

It's a big reason why Manny failed so quickly here after Richt. He and his staff didn't have the tools to develop an entire roster of projects.
thank you for reading brother... agree with you 100%. I think finally the talent development and acquisition of quality P5 players is well underway at Miami. If game day coaching can improve this program can be dangerous.

slightly better... ever so slightly.. this roster was nuked.

Because of that late run with TVD, we almost had Manny for another season. It's honestly the only time in my life I was okay with losing to FSU. Manuela absolutely trashed our team, ruined it from top to bottom with his lack of recruiting effort and #TNM fake culture.

"For the 2020 class, there were only six players that looked like Power Five caliber players. Those players are:
* TVD
* Jalen Rivers
* Xavier Restrepo
* Don Chaney Jr.
* Corey Flagg Jr.
* Jaylan Knighton
Of those, only TVD, Rivers, and Restrepo had consistent stretches where star potential was displayed. Only Restrepo, Rivers, and surprisingly Flagg Jr. demonstrated that when fully healthy, they could sustain a high level of play throughout an entire season."

Only 6 guys in the class provided value, when you need 44 total succeed. Just absolute trash.

p.s. Roberts has done well at SMU.

Advertisement
Because of that late run with TVD, we almost had Manny for another season. It's honestly the only time in my life I was okay with losing to FSU. Manuela absolutely trashed our team, ruined it from top to bottom with his lack of recruiting effort and #TNM fake culture.
If Miami stayed with Manny, this team would have been a 1-3 win team by next year. The talent level, development and evaluations were horrendous. I have nevee rooted for FSU except that time because I knew Manny was done after that game and at least it saved the program from destruction.

"For the 2020 class, there were only six players that looked like Power Five caliber players. Those players are:
* TVD
* Jalen Rivers
* Xavier Restrepo
* Don Chaney Jr.
* Corey Flagg Jr.
* Jaylan Knighton
Of those, only TVD, Rivers, and Restrepo had consistent stretches where star potential was displayed. Only Restrepo, Rivers, and surprisingly Flagg Jr. demonstrated that when fully healthy, they could sustain a high level of play throughout an entire season."

Only 6 guys in the class provided value, when you need 44 total succeed. Just absolute trash.

p.s. Roberts has done well at SMU.
Roberts had a very nice year , I was happy to see.

Advertisement
Still skeptical of this staff but holy **** i cannot emphasize how awful the roster manny left him.
The concern now is gameday coaching.

I'm hoping that Mario gets better and ( the more likely outcome) that this roster will be so stacked by 2025 that Miami will sleepwalk to 10 wins and be a force to be reckoned with in the CFP.

If Kirby Smart won with UGA, Mario can win with Miami.

The concern now is gameday coaching.

I'm hoping that Mario gets better and ( the more likely outcome) that this roster will be so stacked by 2025 that Miami will sleepwalk to 10 wins and be a force to be reckoned with in the CFP.

If Kirby Smart won with UGA, Mario can win with Miami.
I support him I think it’s him or bust we will never get this talent acquisition ever again here with another coach.

Yep, several years of “ falling asleep at the wheel” recruiting is the reason why Mario is having to turn over the roster so much
I know a lot of people don’t follow recruiting closely, and Manny patched some holes through the portal (which is now a different animal) and Lashlee helped him to some wins

But we were beyond ****ed long term with him in charge of recruiting

Advertisement
Yeah mainly because a lot of these "4 stars" went on to G-5 schools and produced SQUAT even at that level. It's one thing to be a jag at Miami and P5 level, it's another thing to go down to G5 and still suck. Alot of these players even by the production or lack thereof at other schools were actually Division -II types.

Recruiting the wrong four stars, the wrong body types, and lack of development will do that.

This is exactly why a lot of Miami fans don't care for " stars". Because a 4 or 5 star that doesn't want to put in the work is NOT better than a 3 star who will.

This is exactly why a lot of Miami fans don't care for " stars". Because a 4 or 5 star that doesn't want to put in the work is NOT better than a 3 star who will.
or that have traits and physical attributes of elite ballers.

Advertisement
Back