Official Restarted Poll: 2022 CIS End of Year Awards Presents Slurper of the Year. The Sunshine of CIS

Slurper of the Year

• @GoCanes!! (Not to be confused w/ 15-0 Go Canes!!)

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • @WeBallinBoyz

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • @TheOriginalCane

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • @ItsAUThing.com

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • @Bender

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • @WanderFranco (aka the ever lovable Jagr)

Votes: 26 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
There’s another guy who posts regularly who is constantly bringing up the lack of talent to defend the atrocities we saw during the 2022 season. I think it’s Mario’s burner account. I don’t remember his name but I’ll add it here if I see one of his posts
Ok. So right now we’ve got these guys in:
OBM
TOC
Wander “Jagr” Franco

Under consideration are:
Non 15-0 gocanes!!
We Ballin
Bender, the Deutschlandian Robot

Additionally:
?

Devour Ice Cream GIF
... WINNER!!!!

Advertisement
I don't really see @OrangeBowlMagic as a slurper, though I can understand why people include him. I see him as more on the optimist side and sometimes rationalizing bad acts/results, but he is still critical of the program and acknowledges its failings. I don't think the true slurpers do that.

Instead of this Yes/No, Mope/Slurper dichotomy, I try to think of posters on more of a scale:

Slurper --- Enabler --- Optimist --- Realist --- Pessimist --- Prohibitor --- Mope

I'd guess about 2/3 of CIS falls in the middle three (though most people who call themselves "realists" are just pessimists/optimists who are unaware of their own bias).

Advertisement
I don't really see @OrangeBowlMagic as a slurper, though I can understand why people include him. I see him as more on the optimist side and sometimes rationalizing bad acts/results, but he is still critical of the program and acknowledges its failings. I don't think the true slurpers do that.

Instead of this Yes/No, Mope/Slurper dichotomy, I try to think of posters on more of a scale:

Slurper --- Enabler --- Optimist --- Realist --- Pessimist --- Prohibitor --- Mope

I'd guess about 2/3 of CIS falls in the middle three (though most people who call themselves "realists" are just pessimists/optimists who are unaware of their own bias).

IMO there are a lot of people far more slurpy than me here, but if people disagree, that’s cool. I think I’m more towards the optimist point of your scale, but where it probably gets confused is I just don’t understand being a mope at all. Especially at this point.

If you wanted to mope at the end of Manny’s tenure, I wasn’t disagreeing at all. But being a full blown crybaby about every single thing and only posting on negative topics while avoiding every single thing that could be construed as positive, at a point where we’re 12 months into actually caring about football here for the first time in 20 years….I simply don’t understand that at all.

I’ve always considered myself to be a realist in the sense I prefer dealing with facts rather than speculation and conjecture. Dealing with reality is much less disappointing than being on the optimistic or pessimistic side.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO there are a lot of people far more slurpy than me here, but if people disagree, that’s cool. I think I’m more towards the optimist point of your scale, but where it probably gets confused is I just don’t understand being a mope at all. Especially at this point.

If you wanted to mope at the end of Manny’s tenure, I wasn’t disagreeing at all. But being a full blown crybaby about every single thing and only posting on negative topics while avoiding every single thing that could be construed as positive, at a point where we’re 12 months into actually caring about football here for the first time in 20 years….I simply don’t understand that at all.

I tend to agree. I'm not saying there is a right way to be a "fan", but I will never understand a fan who constantly wipes their *** with the program, focusing on the same negative points and dismissing any and all potentially positive news (in favor of rehashing the negative).

We need starting caliber DTs!
<Gore commits>
Gore is too small to play NT at P5 level.
<Deen commits>
Deen doesn't play the 1-tech, we need a 1-tech NT.

Though I agree with still need a 1-tech NT, I'd prefer we take a moment to celebrate the signing for what the kids bring to the table before jumping directly to the needs they don't address. But I don't consider those fans mopes (they're pessimists, but not mopes). The mopes are guys like this:

<Gore commits>
Can he play WR? Seems too short for outside, but maybe the slot?
<Deen commits>
Doesn't matter if Gattis is still the OC. Not that he's that good, but Deen could get 3 sacks a game and it won't make a difference when the offense can't score two ******* touchdowns!

I tend to agree. I'm not saying there is a right way to be a "fan", but I will never understand a fan who constantly wipes their *** with the program, focusing on the same negative points and dismissing any and all potentially positive news (in favor of rehashing the negative).

We need starting caliber DTs!
<Gore commits>
Gore is too small to play NT at P5 level.
<Deen commits>
Deen doesn't play the 1-tech, we need a 1-tech NT.

Though I agree with still need a 1-tech NT, I'd prefer we take a moment to celebrate the signing for what the kids bring to the table before jumping directly to the needs they don't address. But I don't consider those fans mopes (they're pessimists, but not mopes). The mopes are guys like this:

<Gore commits>
Can he play WR? Seems too short for outside, but maybe the slot?
<Deen commits>
Doesn't matter if Gattis is still the OC. Not that he's that good, but Deen could get 3 sacks a game and it won't make a difference when the offense can't score two ******* touchdowns!
Ok so no OBM

Advertisement
Back