***Rest of the Tournament thread***

Advertisement
FGCU is hanging around with Gtown, though more because Gtown looks like garbage then anything special they're doing

FGCU is hanging around with Gtown, though more because Gtown looks like garbage then anything special they're doing

Forget hanging around... they're up double digits now and have been for a while! The Hoyas have regained their composure, but they're still down 12 with 5 minutes and change left. This could be a huge upset in the making!

Advertisement
question for my fellow cane brethern: how did illinois even make the tournament. sure they had 22 wins but were 8-10 in their league and didnt even make the championship game. rpi or something?

BOOM-BOOM-BOOM.gif

Advertisement
Called FGCU on my bracket cause they beat us. That loss doesn't seem so bad now.

Advertisement
question for my fellow cane brethern: how did illinois even make the tournament. sure they had 22 wins but were 8-10 in their league and didnt even make the championship game. rpi or something?

Their RPI was #40, SOS was #9, I believe. They played a lot of good opponents and beat Gonzaga, Butler, Ohio State, and Indiana. Essentially, they were rewarded with playing a tough schedule and beating some top teams, although with their conference record, they probably shouldn't have been a #7 seed.

Illinois lives and dies by the 3 ball. They have 2 legit scorers to be worried about, both guards (Paul and Richardson). I trust Larkin/Durand to shut them down.

If you watched their game today, they looked great in the first half because they were knocking down 3s. But in the 2nd half they got cold and Colorado took the lead back. Statistically speaking, we haven't defended the 3 well in our past 7 games (41%). But we've been scoring at will lately, so this could be another shootout type game, they won't make all their 3s.

Advertisement
Media can't make fun of us now for losing to FGCU.

Oddly, now it builds us up and FGCU at the same time - as last night on wrap up and this morning on highlights talking heads were swooning over FGCU's win, that they beat Miami too, lost to Duke, etc., so they must be really good - kind of commentary. We're getting max'd rep from it.

Have to laugh when I said a few weeks ago fgcu was an up and coming school and some ******* know it all on here said the school sucked. They went on to sweep the gators in gnv in baseball then make the show and won last night
They are a decent school and I wish them the best.

Go canes

IDK about anyone else but I love college hoops. March is awesome two games down today and many more to watch.

Tournament Questions:

Midwest Bracket:
What's the thoughts on the Louisville -CSU game? Can CSU pull off the upset or will Louisville make it to the sweet 16?

I think Creighton has a good chance against Duke with McDermott and co. But I haven't seen Creighton beat any worthy opponents this season so who knows how they will perform against a power. Thoughts?

I like SLU but I think Oregon will pull off the upset there.

South Bracket:
UNC showed a lot when they played us. I believe they'll put it all together to upset Kansas.

Minnesota is very underrated their bigs really do ball. I just don't know if it's enough to beat Florida. On that note I also wouldn't be surprised if they do win. But I got Florida.

I don't know much about SDST but I do know about FGCU beating us and then taking care of Georgetown. I like them to move to the sweet 16.

East Bracket:

Temple upset NCST but I can't see them doing it to Indiana. I'll roll with Indiana.

Syracuse should roll over Cal. Idk why people are forgetting about Cuse but they need to stop Syracuse is legit.

Butler-Marquette. I'll pick Butler without any doubt.

Miami-Illinois. While Illinois is underrated just like Minnesota. I believe they don't have enough to beat Miami. Paul/Richardson are good but our guard play is better. On the same token. I hope an upset doesn't happen but I won't say it can't happen.

West Region:
This entire region single handedly destroyed my bracket. I picked Southern to beat Gonzaga and I came close. I don't know if I can keep Doubting Gonzaga but I will. Give me Wichita St.

Ole Miss-La Salle. It's hard to pick this one the teams are relatively even. Ole Miss showed it wasn't a fluke by winning the SEC tournament. I'll go with Ole Miss.

Arizona-Harvard. Arizona finished with the number 1 recruiting class in 2012. Signing 3 of the top 20 players. I look or those guys to step up and display those talents vs. Harvard.

ISU-OSU Another game that will probably be close but I'd take OSU in the end.

What do you guys think about the rest of the tourney? This Louisville - CSU game is very interesting.

Anyone else going to keep up with the Butler-Marquette game besides me? I'm going to hate missing most of this Oregon-Saint Lou game. Looks like it's going to be a good one.

Advertisement
Back