Request for Mods: Open a political discussion board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If only there was a mechanism that would allow users with elevated privileges to moderate the forum so they could delete political posts and impose bans on users who frequently derail threads...

At the end of the day, we're all Canes on this site (except for the trolls) whatever the political persuasion. I'd rather keep the politics off this site completely so we can at least be agreeable (or disagreeable) about our team.

Posters barely know anything about football. Why would I want to hear any political opinions on here?

People seem to be missing the point. It isn't that the OP wants to talk politics with all of you. It is that they are tired of a few other people who do want to make it political. Trying to give those people some place to go here so they have even less excuses of why they turn things political.

I have seen it work on other boards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't usually ask for anything, but over the past couple of weeks, a lot of football threads have been hijacked by political discussion.

I really don't like mixing both, and I think that its inevitable that a political forum will be neccessary.

Personally, I think poltical discussions typically devolve into two kids fighting over dibs on a toy, but so it goes.

Start a political forum, and flag the posts in the football threads that are political so that fans can continue to enjoy reading about Canes football.

Thank you,

Tommy

We have the WEZ for that. Also for the nekkid wimmens.

If tomorrow all the things were gone, I worked for all my life
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife
I thank my lucky stars To be living here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom And they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died Who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the U.S.A.

08unukbz2hj01.gif

1397578482603.gif

Advertisement
Understandable, but I agree with other posters. A political board would only encourage trolls.

How about infractions for politicizing a thread? Earn enough infractions and receive a temporary ban. Continue once temporary ban is restored and receive a permanent dismissal.

Advertisement
As long as we can get all the works of dancing gene here along with it, bring it.

there is this other board, most here won't know about it. The westendzone.com
They have some really civil political discussions there, might want to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back