REPOST: 247 will now rank the portal

Advertisement
Only thing I don’t like about it is that they won’t add the transfers to the overall recruiting ranking. It will be a separate ranking.

I thought access to the portal was limited to schools? If it now open to other sources, if so how and where can I find it?

Advertisement
It’s not access to the portal I guess they are gonna rank guys who are confirmed to be in the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
You think ESPN doesn't wish they still had recruiting nation on weekly qith the way the portal is going? They're kicking themselves for being late on this

Advertisement
Only thing I don’t like about it is that they won’t add the transfers to the overall recruiting ranking. It will be a separate ranking.

I was wondering about that too. They absolutely should. If a transfer is eligible to play in 2019 then his new ranking should impact a school's overall 2019 ranking. Is he not essentially part of the 2019 class? Did he not have to be "recruited"?

It'll be interesting to watch how this continues to play out over the next few years. Miami will have plenty of eyes on them this year being one of the pioneers into this new transfer portal world. If you see the U make a big leap next year, like we all hope, then the portal is going to get a lot more contested. College Football is a copycat "league" much like the NFL.

Advertisement
Back