Report that Jim just got 2 more years...

jkdood

All ACC
We all know about THIS:
1658272018790.png

...so I was wondering why there were some FB "congrats" this week on Jim's new 4-year extension. I tracked it down, and the ONLY source (nothing on UM website) was this Rothstein post Monday:
1658272155694.png

Several reputable folks are now citing this, funny there is no other confirmation though. Just here to report this to y'all.

Advertisement
He deserves it. Coach L guided this program thru the Adidas nonsense (or as we now refer to what Adidas was doing as NIL) And all the negative recruiting fallout from that. Now he deserves to put his considerable coaching talent on display. Give Coach L a full deck and UM is in the NCAA tourney every year.

He deserves it. Coach L guided this program thru the Adidas nonsense (or as we now refer to what Adidas was doing as NIL) And all the negative recruiting fallout from that. Now he deserves to put his considerable coaching talent on display. Give Coach L a full deck and UM is in the NCAA tourney every year.
That year with Lonnie and Bruce was supposed to be a deeper tourney run if it weren't for that Loyola-Chicago BS. Then Dewan got ****ed and all of recruiting got ****ed because of the NCAA. the 2020-2021 season was set to be good with a pretty good roster but Lykes being injured as well as Cross and Timberlake transferring made it tough. Last year having a true PG in Moore, an experienced vet in McGusty, as well as a great player who Coach L developed in Wong was enough to make a deep run. The roster this year with all of the new recruiting talent we have acquired as well as the two star transfers is the most solid its looked in years. Coach L could set the tone for Miami basketball for years to come as a top 4 ACC team.

F it. Let him coach til he croaks. At times he makes me wanna put my head through a wall but at the end of the day I love the guy. Imagine him winning a natty how incredible it would be lol
I would love it but we need to give Coach L 1-2 big 5 stars. He's been doing a lot with good college players who are fringe level NBA/Euro league players other than Walker, who it feels like we barely had. Give him 1-2 stars and we can go all the way.

Advertisement
I would love it but we need to give Coach L 1-2 big 5 stars. He's been doing a lot with good college players who are fringe level NBA/Euro league players other than Walker, who it feels like we barely had. Give him 1-2 stars and we can go all the way.
Theoretically Ruiz could (if he really wants to) make a faster big impact upon hoops than football.

L is a development guy who has, historically, had more success with smart and developed players.

I would take Nijel Pack over almost any 5 star recruit for Coach L’s team.

I think the roster sets up nicely for L next year (need Aire and one of the 2 Freshman 4s to develop quickly)… and he’s building sustainability with top 25 recruited talent.

I think it’s reasonable to believe a final 4 is within reach in the next couple years. L has almost always outperformed preseason expectations by a significant margin… and he’s finally building a true top 15 caliber roster.

With Pack & Omier added, this yr's team should make a nice run.

Like AtlAtty, I'd love at least once to see Coach L get to work with at least two 5-stars (preferably two 5-stars in the same class). Hard to win it all in BB unless your roster is littered with 4 & 5-star players. Most of the underdog Cinderellas get beaten before the Final 4. What Coach L achieved at George Mason was incredible & pretty rare. Would love to see what he could do with the odds stacked in his favor for once. Would love to see him go out with a bang...and Miami to be a consistent force in basketball.

With Pack & Omier added, this yr's team should make a nice run.

Like AtlAtty, I'd love at least once to see Coach L get to work with at least two 5-stars (preferably two 5-stars in the same class). Hard to win it all in BB unless your roster is littered with 4 & 5-star players. Most of the underdog Cinderellas get beaten before the Final 4. What Coach L achieved at George Mason was incredible & pretty rare. Would love to see what he could do with the odds stacked in his favor for once. Would love to see him go out with a bang...and Miami to be a consistent force in basketball.
What we achieved last season was also pretty rare. Our roster wasn't exactly brimming with high end 5 star talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back