Report: ACC to only play Conference games (Not confirmed by conference)

Shocked to see this from the SEC. it could all be a show when deep down he knows they are playing no matter what. He has to act like he cares publicly about the safety of the athletes.
Who knows anymore. I'm just preparing for Spring football and hoping for the best so I won't be disappointed

Advertisement
So what is the difference of traveling to Virginia to play a conference game and having some in state non conference schools come to Miami? Why not let schools fill their non conference slots with in state schools?
Yea this whole thing is stupid because these kids still have to travel to other states regardless

Shocked to see this from the SEC. it could all be a show when deep down he knows they are playing no matter what. He has to act like he cares publicly about the safety of the athletes.
He has to act like he gives a fck, and he's trying to steer the trashy SEC base into slowing the spread via fear of no football.

So what is the difference of traveling to Virginia to play a conference game and having some in state non conference schools come to Miami? Why not let schools fill their non conference slots with in state schools?
Look at the distance between Syracuse and FSU to play. This is all bs.

Yea this whole thing is stupid because these kids still have to travel to other states regardless

its so the schools can have some sort of regulation in terms of testing practices. smaller schools cant test as much as a p5 and even same with g5s. nothing forces a non member school to share their testing data with another non conf school. dealing w teams within your own conference allows for a common ground regarding those things as set by the ACC

Advertisement
Look at the distance between Syracuse and FSU to play. This is all bs.

its not distance. its the ease of which schools can play and share testing. not all schools outside of your conference will share their data and are even forced to bc the NCAA hasn't mandated anything. easier to do with the ACC only schools as the ACC can set a mandate on number of tests completed, how often, and sharing of results with other teams.

its so the schools can have some sort of regulation in terms of testing practices. smaller schools cant test as much as a p5 and even same with g5s. nothing forces a non member school to share their testing data with another non conf school. dealing w teams within your own conference allows for a common ground regarding those things as set by the ACC
This is what I’ve read and heard a lot over the last 24hrs. Makes sense, and if you can travel and board “quarantined” then it theoretically brings the other conference members a lot closer.

I was yelling about travel yesterday, but I understand that you can much more easily track and guarantee staff and players within a conference umbrella.

This is what I’ve read and heard a lot over the last 24hrs. Makes sense, and if you can travel and board “quarantined” then it theoretically brings the other conference members a lot closer.

I was yelling about travel yesterday, but I understand that you can much more easily track and guarantee staff and players within a conference umbrella.

yup. were seeing it now with two teams on our schedule and you've seen it during the summer with even how some p5s aren't testing as much as others and aren't requiring certain things ( i believe it was one of the SEC schools and b12 schools).if you want football and want some semblance of we care about the kids, then going conference only is the best case scenario bc at least youre providing some guarantees to your coaches and players along with staff etc.

Advertisement

Or it could be genuine concern and fear. The virus is running rampant throughout SEC territory right now, with no sign of letting up any time soon. Things are only going to get worse in the next few weeks.

Or it could be genuine concern and fear. The virus is running rampant throughout SEC territory right now, with no sign of letting up any time soon. Things are only going to get worse in the next few weeks.

So everyone is better off with no sports and tons of free time to go cash beck and her crew while going back home to see their parents and grand parents. I fail to see how football puts them in more danger. I honestly believe it protects them more with constant testing and monitoring throughout the season.

So everyone is better off with no sports and tons of free time to go cash beck and her crew while going back home to see their parents and grand parents. I fail to see how football puts them in more danger. I honestly believe it protects them more with constant testing and monitoring throughout the season.

You’re free to believe what you’d like.

I’m just pointing out that the SEC guy’s concerns for health and logistics are probably not just a smokescreen. It’s growing increasingly unlikely that we have any CFB this year.

You’re free to believe what you’d like.

I’m just pointing out that the SEC guy’s concerns for health and logistics are probably not just a smokescreen. It’s growing increasingly unlikely that we have any CFB this year.

what’s your thoughts on a spring season? I don’t think they can financially sit out an entire season. Athletic departments are already folding and that’s before this massive revenue loss potentially.

Advertisement
what’s your thoughts on a spring season? I don’t think they can financially sit out an entire season. Athletic departments are already folding and that’s before this massive revenue loss potentially.

I honestly don’t know what to think.

I think it’d be awfully difficult to play spring ball and then turn around a few months later and start the 2021 fall season on time. The risk of injury to players would be enormous, not to mention the difficulties in juggling academic schedules.

Theres a very real possibility that most athletic departments fold. Perhaps they open back up with football only next year, play a few seasons to get the revenue back, and then slowly add more sports back over several years.

Advertisement
Back