Remember when Manny met with Jimmy during the offseason...

Gsugradcanefan

Freshman
And JJ gave him advice about coaching, how to run a program, etc.? Did Manny not listen to a word Jimmy said or just brushed it off thinking he's old and the game passed him by?

Also, what the **** happened with McKinnie and Romberg teaching the O-line techniques and coaching them up? I thought the players were gaining valuable insight. Did they just forget it?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmy has given our last 4 coaches advice about coaching and how to run a program. Maybe Jimmy is the problem.
Part of the problem is, we don’t know how to hire legit coaches. Our coaching hires are one-afternoon hires. Laced with high octane cafecitos and self patting on our own shoulders, with croquettas to follow. Jimmy was a legit coach. The third tier coaches we hire, feel self entitled after selling themselves to our admin and BoTs and successful at that (Remember AG and his binder catalog?). They then show their incompetence.

Advertisement
And JJ gave him advice about coaching, how to run a program, etc.? Did Manny not listen to a word Jimmy said or just brushed it off thinking he's old and the game passed him by?

Also, what the **** happened with McKinnie and Romberg teaching the O-line techniques and coaching them up? I thought the players were gaining valuable insight. Did they just forget it?

another genius here.

as if a meeting with jimmy johnson is all it takes to unlock the secret to multiple championships.

ask al golden what meeting with JJ did for his teams.

Advertisement

Even the great Jimmy Johnson was a flop year one; taking over the defending national champs and going 8-5 out the gate.

Would've loved to see this board after a 31-0 halftime lead against Maryland, only to lose 42-40 ... or "Hail Flutiie" the next game and a home loss to Boston College. Lost Fiesta Bowl to UCLA, as well as getting handled, 38-3 by No. 15 Florida State, when Canes rolled in ranked No. 4.

News flash; Johnson could've given Manny all the greatest advice in the world and he could've heeded every bit of it. Doesn't change the fact he took over a team that was 7-9 going back to Pitt in 2017, got their azzes handed to them in bowl game, 35-3 against Wisconsin—and is breaking in an entirely new offensive staff, young o-line, no proven quarterback, et al.

Not gonna fix that **** overnight, no matter who is giving you advice.

Advertisement
Remember that time you were in a classroom and the teacher explained everything to you on what you needed to know to pass this upcoming test but you still did poorly on it anyways?

Hearing it and understanding it (or doing it) can be separate issues.

I get what you’re saying, but when Yankovich met Johnson he said he knew. I’m not sure there was much of a “search”, I think he knew who he wanted. I could be completely wrong.
you know I like and respect you Tetra .... but IMO there is not even close to a comparison between Sam and BJames.. cant even put the two in the same galaxy ! lol

Advertisement
Back