Remember when CIS said that ******* Larry Fedora was a "SAVAGE"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Their best QB from his final season is about to be a Day 2 pick...as a linebacker.

I was all aboard the Hire Fedora bandwagon and don't regret it for a second, I still think he would have been a huge improvement over Richt and in hindsight, over Enos. But this is the unpredictability of this ****. Enos, in my estimation, was a strong hire at the time and it just didn't click. It is really hard to know how pieces will fit together.

Case in point: 5 years ago people thought Mark Hudspeth was going to be coaching an SEC team in short order. Now he just got fired at Austin Peay. Jeremy Pruitt was considered a home run for Tennessee and Sam Pittman was a desperation hire for Arkansas. Fuente was a great hire for VT and Bronco was going to struggle at UVa because he was a West Coast guy. Muschamp and Golden were well regarded hires back in 2011 and James Franklin wasn't.

Bronco always struck me as having dirty teams at BYU, of all places.

Advertisement
They were super dirty. My family lives in Boise and follows Boise State and knows some of the coaches. BYU under Bronco definitely played cheap.

Yeah it’s been a few years since he coached there, but I distinctly remember them being super cheap shot artists when he was there. And the funny thing was they got away with a lot it seemed like. You know I used to watch some of those late night games, a lot of times that’s what would be on later on in the night. It’s one of the things I thought about when he was hired for UVA.

They were super dirty. My family lives in Boise and follows Boise State and knows some of the coaches. BYU under Bronco definitely played cheap.

They hid it under the mantra of being physical. It’s the same thing UVA does in basketball. They aren’t dirty, but that pack line defense wouldn’t be half of what it is, if they were officiated correctly. Fouling isn’t being physical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back