Remember back when...

coffeecane

Portal Transfer
Premium
Tweed brought home Lingard. Gurvan Hall committed over Bama even after the heli landed. Dee brought us Hightower. Frierson committed. Brevin committed. Remember how f'ing happy you all felt. Well all those mofos signed. We only lost one kid worth a **** in Jobe who previously committed. We didn't lose jack on signing day. None of those boys were coming nor did they ever show the slightest sign they might come.

Now ya'll gettin on Tweed and Dee who brought us two huge fish as well as great intel. Enjoy what you got mofos. Its an awesome class and better than we've had in 15 years. Some of you f*cks will never be happy. ever.

Advertisement
I think folks are ****ed for what they didn't get. I'm not ready to fire Rumph, but I see enough too.

I agree that people need to step off of Tweed and Dee, and that this was a great class. But Tyson, Chatfield, Chatman, PS2, and Coburn didn't show the slightest sign they were coming?! C'mon man. They all took OVs (3 of them on the last weekend) and showed legit interest in UM.

I agree that people need to step off of Tweed and Dee, and that this was a great class. But Tyson, Chatfield, Chatman, PS2, and Coburn didn't show the slightest sign they were coming?! C'mon man. They all took OVs (3 of them on the last weekend) and showed legit interest in UM.
I think all the smoke was for Tyson to GA and Surtain to Bama, maybe LSu. I would say it was surprising they visited the final weekend but in the end it was a courtesy. I'm sure the coaches convinced them to visit just to give us a shot, but those boys minds were made up already. All of em. Even Nesta.

We were playing catchup with all of them, except Chatman. We did a decent job considering that We were never really the leader for any, maybe except Chatman, and that was only for a short while.

Advertisement
Tyson was long gone we just ignored the signs, never thought surtain was coming here to begin with. Imo out of everything Campbell especially if he knew he was going to uga should have told the coaches so they could pursue other guys in the last month and a half before signing day and not lead rumph and the staff on. Is what it is at this point, you don’t want to play here? Dueces

hard to turn down Bama and Saban.. because if you didn't grow up a cane.. He comes and shows you his depth chart and shows ours to PS2 especially after 7 and 80 left.. its self explanatory.. get coached by saban after an NFL head coach says bama is the minor league for the NFL or be a part of a rebuild

The U ain't for everybody and it never will be...

Storm 18 will bring #6 before they leave

Advertisement
It easy to appreciate things as they are coming together but when the picture is complete sometimes you realize it wasn't as great as you thought or could of been.

No one thinks this was a bad, average, or even good class. It a great class but some of us know just being great doesn't get you a championship.. at least not in the amidst of a current dynasty going on at Alabama.

To beat a Goliath like Alabama you can't beat him with David you better be another Goliath yourself.

part of the problem was the fanbase panicked when malek got hurt, DJ, mcintosh, and norton. If those guys were on roster next year, things would be less crazy right now. also, we got greedy lol

Y’all don’t find how ironic it was that the minute we started to show interest in surtain in November/December that it seemed almost immediately we started to lose traction fast with Campbell? That was really interesting to me but whatever it doesn’t matter anymore

It easy to appreciate things as they are coming together but when the picture is complete sometimes you realize it wasn't as great as you thought or could of been.

No one thinks this was a bad, average, or even good class. It a great class but some of us know just being great doesn't get you a championship.. at least not in the amidst of a current dynasty going on at Alabama.

To beat a Goliath like Alabama you can't beat him with David you better be another Goliath yourself.

Well said. Everything is relative. So we are definitely better now than last 10+, we have definitely recruited better for the most part over past 2 years, we beat Tallahayseeds, played in our 1st ACC ship. Great relative progress for sure. HOWEVER, relative to clem, jawja, and bagville we fell short. That's the ultimate comparison we have to look at. On the field, off the field, any field. Just because I made 10 points on my money doesn't mean **** when the S&P 500 went up 15.

Advertisement
Tyson was long gone we just ignored the signs, never thought surtain was coming here to begin with. Imo out of everything Campbell especially if he knew he was going to uga should have told the coaches so they could pursue other guys in the last month and a half before signing day and not lead rumph and the staff on. Is what it is at this point, you don’t want to play here? Dueces

Campbell was on UGA nuts since that visit in July. That vibe that was felt at the Army game for UGA, was no BS.

He gets commended on here for how he handle his recruitment, but he knew he wasn't signing with Miami. From the beginning of this year, he knew. He should've just spared us the BS and never came on the OV. That seemed like a twist of the arm to even pin point if it would happen.

Surtain Jr was a pipe dream too. That **** had traction because some troll got everyone hyped up on it.

I love this class and yes the early signing day was fantastic. We can and will win NC with this class. Nesta was more important to us than the two AH turds who sold themselves to the plantations. We got a quality QB to add to the competition and we have a Blades again. Being angry at the crap that turned their backs on us should not be equated to hating the great Canes who just joined the family.

The coaches, however, need to understand that this is Miami and failure is not an option. They fialed to keep our own so they dang well better go out there and kick their rear ends on the field and make them pay for leaving. AH and that old man loser ex-Dolphin needs to be punished. Fans are part of the Cane family and he needs to pay for telling us to shut up. Rumph needs to call that **** out and tell him that we matter more than him even we want Rumph fired. Peep Squeak old man needs to shut his mouth, pack up his family, and move on up to the plantation he sold Peep Squeak boy too. I’m sure Massa Nick got some field work he can do and a shack they can live in.

Well said. Everything is relative. So we are definitely better now than last 10+, we have definitely recruited better for the most part over past 2 years, we beat Tallahayseeds, played in our 1st ACC ship. Great relative progress for sure. HOWEVER, relative to clem, jawja, and bagville we fell short. That's the ultimate comparison we have to look at. On the field, off the field, any field. Just because I made 10 points on my money doesn't mean **** when the S&P 500 went up 15.

LOL

You’re not going to catch up to Alabama in one top signing class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL

You’re not going to catch up to Alabama in one top signing class.

Mark Richt keeps saying this, he's right, but plenty aren't listening. If every recruiting class we get going forward is similar to this one in quality we will have a complete roster and be a top 5 team within 2 years and be that type of program for the foreseeable future. The third class should patch up most of the remaining holes.

Mark Richt keeps saying this, he's right, but plenty aren't listening. If every recruiting class we get going forward is similar to this one in quality we will have a complete roster and be a top 5 team within 2 years and be that type of program for the foreseeable future. The third class should patch up most of the remaining holes.

right. look what happens when we lose malek, dj, and the two DT's? top tier schools dont feel it like we did.

Losing Jobe hurts worse than Campbell or Surtain, honestly, because we're much thinner at safety.

NSD was a letdown... but we did sign a really good class when you look at the bigger picture. They need to hit 2019 out of the park, especially on the OL and pretty much every position on defense, if we're going to get to where we want to go.

Bring in the clemson graduate transfer. And we good. I believe Rumph will coach up the CBS like he’s been doing and we will be fine out there. I believe we need the beef up front more than the CBs. Nesta can play now give some minutes but not many. If we bring him in the clemson kid I’ll be excited need him more than anything. Also a SDE also but that’s not as needed as the grad DT from up north a ways

Advertisement
Back