Remember back when...

The only one I thought we had a definite shot at and lost was Chatman.All the other kids were heading elsewhere and the staff was forced to try and flip them.

Did Rumph fail with TC and PS2.Yep!!! But it’s hard for us to compete with the size of “ incentives “ being offered by the $EC. But Rumph also brought in a couple of pretty decent CBs so it’s not all fail.

We got who we got and with all that we got this is one **** of a class.A class better than any class we’ve have in maybe 15 years( please don’t bring up 2008. That was the most overhyped overrated class in the history of recruiting).This class will set us on the course back to the top.This wasn’t a speedy oil type fix Richt took over.This was a “ take it into the shop and strip it down and put it back together” type fix.

Yes we lost ,well we didn’t lose them cause we never had them,a couple kids that chose “ incentives” over staying home and a kid from another state we got on REEAAL late that decided to stay home and play for his HS coach.But geez let’s get off of talking constantly about these schmucks and talking a lot more about the kids that WANTED to be Canes.

This was a GREAT class guys.Better than we’ve had in years.Lets focus on the kids that wanted to be Canes and not the ones that didn’t.

Advertisement
We got some studs in this class. We locked down Dade and got some ballers on offense.. Broward was full of front runners, but we did well in that area.. We got real canes and I'll take these kids over these front running divas. Our secondary is getting some size too them and we got a stud DT and a diamond in the rough to go along with him. Might get a couple more transfers we are heading in the right direction.

LOL

You’re not going to catch up to Alabama in one top signing class.
Of course not and nowhere did I say that. But as great as our class was, RELATIVE to Clem, jawja, n bagaville we ACTUALLY fell behind on paper. You can argue Brevin deserves another star (I agree), etc but you can do that every year both up and down. So you pick an index, 247comp seems best approach and measure year in and out against it. We measured better than we have in 10 BUT still lost ground, again on paper, vs the current elite. In fact, forget about the aforementioned, Snoles Gheyturds barely behind using average.

Of course not and nowhere did I say that. But as great as our class was, RELATIVE to Clem, jawja, n bagaville we ACTUALLY fell behind on paper. You can argue Brevin deserves another star (I agree), etc but you can do that every year both up and down. So you pick an index, 247comp seems best approach and measure year in and out against it. We measured better than we have in 10 BUT still lost ground, again on paper, vs the current elite. In fact, forget about the aforementioned, Snoles Gheyturds barely behind using average.
Remember we had 2 guys realus George and kicker pulling the recruiting average down. Neither uf or FSU took guys at those positions. Not to mention 247 in general was lower on some of our guys then others. Let’s be real Miami should have had 4 5 star talents in this class Lingard, pope, Jordan and Silvera but it is what it is. I’ve been saying all cycle long that they were underrating our players and they were , between teams 8(Miami)to team 5(pennstate) it was only a 5 Point difference. If 247 rated our guys properly we would have had the #5 class. While our composite rank was 280.93(from all sites) 247 had us as the #11 class with a total of 260 points or so and that’s a big difference

Last edited:
Remember we had 2 guys realus George and kicker on pulling the recruiting average down. Neither uf or FSU took guys at those positions. Not to mention 247 in general was lowering on some of our guys then others. Let’s be real Miami should have had 4 5 star talents in this class Lingard, pope, Jordan and Silvera but it is what it is. I’ve been saying all cycle long that they were underrating our players and they were , between teams 8(Miami)to team 5(pennstate) it was only a 5 Point difference. If 247 rated our guys properly we would have had the #5 class. While our composite rank was 280.93(from all sites) 247 had us as the #11 class with a total of 260 points or so and that’s a big difference
Understand all that, but you can do that kind of tinkering every year, up AND down, the latter nobody is ever very quick to admit.

I am not complaining about our class, its the best we've had in years. Still, on paper (nothing else to go on Today) not as "best" vs ......

Advertisement
Understand all that, but you can do that kind of tinkering every year, up AND down, the latter nobody is ever very quick to admit.

I am not complaining about our class, its the best we've had in years. Still, on paper (nothing else to go on Today) not as "best" vs ......
If George and baxa weren’t counted in the rankings the average would have been 91.70 plus

I just think it's odd that TC supposedly knew where he was going but needed to do his "due diligence" as rattler put it. The fact that it was georgia of all places surprises me, but maybe that's just my caneshades blinding me.

Losing Jobe hurts worse than Campbell or Surtain, honestly, because we're much thinner at safety.

NSD was a letdown... but we did sign a really good class when you look at the bigger picture. They need to hit 2019 out of the park, especially on the OL and pretty much every position on defense, if we're going to get to where we want to go.

thinner at safety? we have carter, smith, finley, and hall all coming back in 19.

Advertisement
If George and baxa weren’t counted in the rankings the average would have been 91.70 plus
I get a revised 91.83 for US. BTW, Gheyturds did take the #1 kicker Mcpherson ( 83.39 vs #14 Bubba 80.83) and Clem the #3 . But ok. Let's play your "what if" of deleting players cause not high rating. These are the 247comp averages:

muttbags 94.23 (1)
clem 93.45 (6)
baggaville 92.78 (7)
U 90.99 (8)
snoles 90.91(11)
gheyturds 90.69(14)

So, even using the brockometer, the top 3 are still, RELATIVE to US, better by 1-2.5 points on avg AND the gheyturds, deleting McPee (doesn't help them as much as deleting lower ranked Bubba), go up to 91.09. Deleting clem's Potter (.8271) increases their avg to 94.12.

Now, just for fun, lets Add TC (99.44)and PS2 (99.73) to US and delete from mutts/bagga you get:

clem 94.12
mutts 94.02
U 92.50
baggaville92.39
gheyturds 91.09
snoles 90.91

I know that stats are just that, But also know that you cannot improve it, if you don't measure it.

I just think it's odd that TC supposedly knew where he was going but needed to do his "due diligence" as rattler put it. The fact that it was georgia of all places surprises me, but maybe that's just my caneshades blinding me.
After the picture of Mel Tucker and TC in front of the hedges this past summer, we all should’ve known the writing was on the wall.

Not taking a Samuel will end up costing us at some point.

The only one I thought we had a definite shot at and lost was Chatman.All the other kids were heading elsewhere and the staff was forced to try and flip them.

Did Rumph fail with TC and PS2.Yep!!! But it’s hard for us to compete with the size of “ incentives “ being offered by the $EC. But Rumph also brought in a couple of pretty decent CBs so it’s not all fail.

We got who we got and with all that we got this is one **** of a class.A class better than any class we’ve have in maybe 15 years( please don’t bring up 2008. That was the most overhyped overrated class in the history of recruiting).This class will set us on the course back to the top.This wasn’t a speedy oil type fix Richt took over.This was a “ take it into the shop and strip it down and put it back together” type fix.

Yes we lost ,well we didn’t lose them cause we never had them,a couple kids that chose “ incentives” over staying home and a kid from another state we got on REEAAL late that decided to stay home and play for his HS coach.But geez let’s get off of talking constantly about these schmucks and talking a lot more about the kids that WANTED to be Canes.

This was a GREAT class guys.Better than we’ve had in years.Lets focus on the kids that wanted to be Canes and not the ones that didn’t.

I’ll add to this, I can 100% tell you Banda did EVERYTHING in his power to get Jobe to come here and nothing was going to work. At one point Jobe was ghosting us and that’s when Banda flew up to his prep school and met him face to face, he hasn’t going to lose him without seeing him in person and having the kid tell him.

Advertisement
Tyson was long gone we just ignored the signs, never thought surtain was coming here to begin with. Imo out of everything Campbell especially if he knew he was going to uga should have told the coaches so they could pursue other guys in the last month and a half before signing day and not lead rumph and the staff on. Is what it is at this point, you don’t want to play here? Dueces
That was the frustration hearing we weren’t even top 2. At least Sony was straight up from the jump with us in 2014.

Tweed brought home Lingard. Gurvan Hall committed over Bama even after the heli landed. Dee brought us Hightower. Frierson committed. Brevin committed. Remember how f'ing happy you all felt. Well all those mofos signed. We only lost one kid worth a **** in Jobe who previously committed. We didn't lose jack on signing day. None of those boys were coming nor did they ever show the slightest sign they might come.

Now ya'll gettin on Tweed and Dee who brought us two huge fish as well as great intel. Enjoy what you got mofos. Its an awesome class and better than we've had in 15 years. Some of you f*cks will never be happy. ever.

coffee12.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back