Remaining schedule & UVA discussion

I see your still holding out hope. Don’t do it to yourself. Keep your expectations very low. I’ve done it too many times with all of these past coaches, I think we are all very well versed in noticing when a coach has lost the team and is not the guy.

The only way Manny saves his job is if Garcia or TVD end up being very special. One of the two has to be a superstar, like future 1st rd pick good. He’s lucky the ACC is dog****, too bad he’s so incompetent he blew his chance at an ACC championship and a playoff spot. All he had to do is keep it within 14 with Bama, and beat Michigan State. Any decent coach runs the table in the ACC with our roster.

Advertisement
UVA -- Win 🎉😀🤸‍♀️
UNC - Lose
NC State - Lose
Pitt - Lose
GT - Lose

With Miami sitting at 3-7, Blake James with the backing of the BOT and Frenk's forged signature, officially back Manny as HC because we faced a really super tough schedule and because no one could've predicted our seniors and super duper seniors to keep dropping everything and missing every tackle.

The ACC is garbage right now, but to be honest, so is every conference not named the SEC. Teams losing to FCS schools, G5 nobodies. It is really an overall down year for CFB.
That said, Manny has done nothing to save his job in my opinion, nor do I see him doing anything the rest of the season. I could see us dominating this game, only to get curb stomped by UNC.

I see your still holding out hope. Don’t do it to yourself. Keep your expectations very low. I’ve done it too many times with all of these past coaches, I think we are all very well versed in noticing when a coach has lost the team and is not the guy.

The only way Manny saves his job is if Garcia or TVD end up being very special. One of the two has to be a superstar, like future 1st rd pick good. He’s lucky the ACC is dog****, too bad he’s so incompetent he blew his chance at an ACC championship and a playoff spot. All he had to do is keep it within 14 with Bama, and beat Michigan State. Any decent coach runs the table in the ACC with our roster.

Don't do what to myself? There isn't a single syllable in what I wrote that would suggest I'm "holding out hope". I presented facts only and suggested what a performance against UVA, good or bad, might suggest about the team going forward. I really don't understand this board at all, 99% of the time. I'm going to watch the game like I have every single game for the past 25 years, and no matter what happens, I'm going to watch every one for the next 25 years, provided I don't get hit by a meteor before then. I'm a Miami fan. I'm going to watch Miami athletics and talk about them with likeminded individuals. If others don't want to do this, by all means, nobody is holding a gun to your head to watch any Miami sports. Please don't do it, if you don't want to. This is a free country, you can do literally anything else you'd like with your time. Literally anything. But if you have no interest in the football team, or you don't "have your hopes up", whatever that means, why would you take time from your life to post on a Miami football message board? You can just.....stop caring entirely?

Advertisement
The ACC is garbage right now, but to be honest, so is every conference not named the SEC. Teams losing to FCS schools, G5 nobodies. It is really an overall down year for CFB.
That said, Manny has done nothing to save his job in my opinion, nor do I see him doing anything the rest of the season. I could see us dominating this game, only to get curb stomped by UNC.

Agreed. Tons of parity everywhere. I said something on here the other day that I have no idea how to differentiate the 3rd best team from the 40th best team. I saw a tweet over the weekend from a national CFB writer saying he has no idea how to rank 3-130. Like you could almost put the names in a hat. Not literally, but I think we all understand the premise. It's an odd year, for sure. And I think it's great. Sure, Bama or UGA is almost certainly winning the natty. But at least there's some intrigue in how 3-15 will shake out, who makes the playoff (only to be destroyed, but hey), who makes the NY6 games. Seems like for several years, by October all those questions were pretty much answered. Not this year.

I agree with this and think it's related to records. FSU I believe is the only weak team left on our schedule.
From Ripley's believe it or not acc has winning record head to head with sec this year. Too lazy to research and verify whether this is true or not and head to head is all about who played who.

I found it interesting that we have the 9th hardest remaining schedule in the country, when you consider upcoming opponent rankings and adjusted for home/away. And we've already played 3 teams who are 11-1. Kind of crazy to me that we could wind up having one of the hardest schedules in the country, I certainly didn't think that'd be the case in the off-season and also with how awful the ACC seems to be.

So, for those of you who want Manny canned yesterday and who think he has no shot of doing anything positive here, the next few weeks should do him in. And for those of you who think that, provided he turn it around and reel off a bunch of wins, it would save his job and potentially prove he's not a complete lame duck, doing so against the 9th hardest schedule should provide some optimism. Contrary to popular belief, he's still the coach, so this chapter is yet to be written officially. The next 5 weeks will make or break him, IMO. (I know, I know, he's already broken. We get it). UVA, UNC, NC State, Pitt, and GT. Starting with UVA......wow, is their defense terrible. Worse than ours, if you can believe it (and they haven't played Alabama). I take absolutely nothing from the High School game we played Saturday, and neither should anyone else. But a step in the right direction on offense and possibly a glimmer of hope that one of the young QBs might actually be able to win some games for us would be to come out and put 450+ yards on UVA on Thursday night. Their defense is so, so, so, so bad. Check out these ranks:

Scoring defense -- 109th (36.7 PPG allowed)
Total defense -- 120th (7.05 YPP allowed)
Rushing defense -- 114th (237 YPG allowed), also 120th in YPC allowed at 5.97. 6 yards per carry allowed!
Passing defense -- 98th (266 YPG allowed), also 102nd in YPA allowed and 107th in passer rating allowed
TFLs -- 111th (4 per game)
Sacks -- 104th (1.33 per game)
First downs allowed -- 119th (26.3 per game)
3rd down conversions allowed -- 112th (48.78%)

These numbers are from their 3 FBS games, Illinois, UNC, and Wake. UNC definitely has an explosive offense as we know, but Wake and Illinois do not. So they literally do nothing well. They suck at every single aspect of playing defense. Can our offense put up some fireworks? Or will we still be stuck in the mud?

I think you underestimate Wakes offense or think of them like wake of old. Wake is only team in ACC other than clemson to avg over 30 point/gm in like last 3/4 seasons. OC Ruggierios and Clawson have rewritten Wakes offensive record books. I know many only watch canes and we havent played them in that window but that offense has scored a ton last few years. UVA defense will get some relief Thursday..

Advertisement
Don't do what to myself? There isn't a single syllable in what I wrote that would suggest I'm "holding out hope". I presented facts only and suggested what a performance against UVA, good or bad, might suggest about the team going forward. I really don't understand this board at all, 99% of the time. I'm going to watch the game like I have every single game for the past 25 years, and no matter what happens, I'm going to watch every one for the next 25 years, provided I don't get hit by a meteor before then. I'm a Miami fan. I'm going to watch Miami athletics and talk about them with likeminded individuals. If others don't want to do this, by all means, nobody is holding a gun to your head to watch any Miami sports. Please don't do it, if you don't want to. This is a free country, you can do literally anything else you'd like with your time. Literally anything. But if you have no interest in the football team, or you don't "have your hopes up", whatever that means, why would you take time from your life to post on a Miami football message board? You can just.....stop caring entirely?
I’ve watched every single game just like you. And will continue to do so. We all post on the board for similar reasons. I just would rather not see people get excited because we beat a UVA team that we are supposed to be blowing out every year.

I’ll always care, that’s why I’ll be pushing for Manny to be fired all year. Because he won’t get us to where we belong.

From Ripley's believe it or not acc has winning record head to head with sec this year. Too lazy to research and verify whether this is true or not and head to head is all about who played who.

Definitely not true. The SEC is 4-2 vs the ACC so far this year.

Bama beat us
UGA beat Clemson
Ole Miss beat Louisville
Mississippi State beat NC State

Pitt beat Tennessee
BC beat Mizzou in OT

I found it interesting that we have the 9th hardest remaining schedule in the country, when you consider upcoming opponent rankings and adjusted for home/away. And we've already played 3 teams who are 11-1. Kind of crazy to me that we could wind up having one of the hardest schedules in the country, I certainly didn't think that'd be the case in the off-season and also with how awful the ACC seems to be.

So, for those of you who want Manny canned yesterday and who think he has no shot of doing anything positive here, the next few weeks should do him in. And for those of you who think that, provided he turn it around and reel off a bunch of wins, it would save his job and potentially prove he's not a complete lame duck, doing so against the 9th hardest schedule should provide some optimism. Contrary to popular belief, he's still the coach, so this chapter is yet to be written officially. The next 5 weeks will make or break him, IMO. (I know, I know, he's already broken. We get it). UVA, UNC, NC State, Pitt, and GT. Starting with UVA......wow, is their defense terrible. Worse than ours, if you can believe it (and they haven't played Alabama). I take absolutely nothing from the High School game we played Saturday, and neither should anyone else. But a step in the right direction on offense and possibly a glimmer of hope that one of the young QBs might actually be able to win some games for us would be to come out and put 450+ yards on UVA on Thursday night. Their defense is so, so, so, so bad. Check out these ranks:

Scoring defense -- 109th (36.7 PPG allowed)
Total defense -- 120th (7.05 YPP allowed)
Rushing defense -- 114th (237 YPG allowed), also 120th in YPC allowed at 5.97. 6 yards per carry allowed!
Passing defense -- 98th (266 YPG allowed), also 102nd in YPA allowed and 107th in passer rating allowed
TFLs -- 111th (4 per game)
Sacks -- 104th (1.33 per game)
First downs allowed -- 119th (26.3 per game)
3rd down conversions allowed -- 112th (48.78%)

These numbers are from their 3 FBS games, Illinois, UNC, and Wake. UNC definitely has an explosive offense as we know, but Wake and Illinois do not. So they literally do nothing well. They suck at every single aspect of playing defense. Can our offense put up some fireworks? Or will we still be stuck in the mud?

And against us, they'll look like the 85 Bears defense

I think you underestimate Wakes offense or think of them like wake of old. Wake is only team in ACC other than clemson to avg over 30 point/gm in like last 3/4 seasons. OC Ruggierios and Clawson have rewritten Wakes offensive record books. I know many only watch canes and we havent played them in that window but that offense has scored a ton last few years. UVA defense will get some relief Thursday..

I've watched a ton of Wake over the past few years, I'm a complete loser and watch way too much college football. All I was saying is Wake's offense this year, which is all I'm talking about, hasn't been spectacular. They are 62nd in the country in YPP, but they are scoring a bunch of points. However, they've played the UVA defense we're discussing here, FSU (say no more), and Old Dominion. Those are their 3 FBS games so far.

Where Wake has actually been making their bones so far is turnover margin. They have the 2nd best turnover margin in the country. 10 takeaways, only 3 giveaways. That's produced some short fields, resulting in probably more points than what's expected via their offensive output, play to play. Also a very high time of possession. They've run the 11th most plays of all teams with 3 FBS games. Staying on the field, taking the ball away, and being efficient. That's Clawson ball for sure. They play Louisville on Saturday at home. That should be a pretty good game.

Advertisement

I'm curious if that's true, but I don't think that's the case.

ACC Losses
==========
Miami to Bama
Clemson to UGA
UoL to Ole Miss
NC State. to Miss St.

ACC Wins
==========
Boston College over Mizzou

I'm not sure of any other matchups so far in the season, but I don't think that's accurate.

Advertisement
I'm curious if that's true, but I don't think that's the case.

ACC Losses
==========
Miami to Bama
Clemson to UGA
UoL to Ole Miss
NC State. to Miss St.

ACC Wins
==========
Boston College over Mizzou

I'm not sure of any other matchups so far in the season, but I don't think that's accurate.
Pitt over Tenn

I will repeat what I wrote in another thread.

UVA sucks
Miami sucks

when 2 bad teams play, anything can happen.
Depends who shows up in this suck fest. If both good sucks show up, good tilt, if both bad sucks show up, good tilt. If good Miami suck shows up and bad UVA suck shows up we’ll be happy.

Ah, F it, they both suck.

Guess a lot changed in 6 days...PFF posted this on the 21st LOL
Screenshot_20210927-135657_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Back