Regret setting in for Francois?

Advertisement
I think it’s a huge advantage to go play sports in a college town over schools in a major cities like LA or Miami, DC if you’re all about ball (football or hoops).

Waaaay less distractions and you can just focus on developing your craft and school work. It was different 15-20 years ago but social media and the glam of it all has made playing in major cities far more distracting.

Nothing to do in Clemson, Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Norman, Durham/Chapel Hill (hoops) except focus on your craft. That’s exactly where I’d go and/or send my kid if I/he were all about ball and wanted to focus without distractions, in order to make to the next level

And what's going to happen once they make it to the NFL?? Every single NFL franchise exists in a city. Players have to learn how to manage distractions because thats what it means to be a professional. In the past its what separated MIA players from other schools, and ultimately helped it earn the moniker NFL-U.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He looked like a bride at the alter of an arranged marriage.
DDF542A1-40DA-4FD7-AB15-A554F464976B.jpeg

Your decision making can’t be that sound even at this age...I mean your on CIS lol..all jokes aside these young ppl are so impressionable at that age and very rarely Have what it takes to make sound decisions when it comes to interpersonal decisions..

LOL fair point. It doesn't speak well for being a rational human being.

Look, I totally agree that the circumstances are different. Me? I didn't have anyone telling me what I should do. So I made the smart decision to study hard, learn some accounting and get myself into The U.

Either way, good or bad, at some point personal accountability falls on you.

I'm honestly curious what those great reasons are. Because to the outsider it looks like he chose a ****, losing program where he knows no one thats in the middle of nowhere, 1500 miles from home.
Im curious what reasons are these? I cant knock a dude going to bama, clemson, maybe even lsu.. Them boys been up for a minute, that attracts people who want to ride that wave and they send people to the league. Cool. Nebraska?! Break it down for me
1. The love Nebraska showed him (they had like 6-7 different coaches calling & texting him every day seeing how his day was going. When he landed for his OV fans were in the airport asking for pics begging him to come. Random people in Lincoln knew who he was)

2. Academics (Nebraska has the largest academic support staff in the country & has produced the most Academic All-Americans, #2 isn't close)

3. Travis Fisher's coaching prowess (in 2 years at UCF he turned Mike Hughes & Shaquill Griffin into draft picks; in 2 years at Nebraska he's turned Lamar Jackson from an overrated Cali DB into an NFL draft pick next month & has turned Marquel Dismuke, Southridge kid Dicaprio Bootle & Cam Taylor into NFL prospects. Also, Nebraska allowed the fewest passing yards per game in the Big Ten this year)

4. The fan support (90,000 fans show up cheering every Saturday no matter how bad they are)

Advertisement
That and what was with the crying thing on signing day?
Banda called him at the ceremony lying telling him that Travis Fisher was leaving Nebraska. Jaiden was upset because he had already signed his LOI and the ceremony was just a formality. He was calling around up there trying to find out if it was true. ABSOLUTELY STUPID on Banda's part. Imagine if he had came here then found out Banda was lying?

It did come out later that Travis Fisher got a $125k raise & had turned down DB coach jobs at FSU and Ole Miss.

1. The love Nebraska showed him (they had like 6-7 different coaches calling & texting him every day seeing how his day was going. When he landed for his OV fans were in the airport asking for pics begging him to come. Random people in Lincoln knew who he was)

2. Academics (Nebraska has the largest academic support staff in the country & has produced the most Academic All-Americans, #2 isn't close)

3. Travis Fisher's coaching prowess (in 2 years at UCF he turned Mike Hughes & Shaquill Griffin into draft picks; in 2 years at Nebraska he's turned Lamar Jackson from an overrated Cali DB into an NFL draft pick next month & has turned Marquel Dismuke, Southridge kid Dicaprio Bootle & Cam Taylor into NFL prospects. Also, Nebraska allowed the fewest passing yards per game in the Big Ten this year)

4. The fan support (90,000 fans show up cheering every Saturday no matter how bad they are)
That’s their game - everyone loves you here. Nebraska isn’t as good of a degree as Miami. That they have so many academic All Americans doesn’t make it a better school.

I’ve known people who were attacked on here. It is what it is. It’s not personal against you from the board but no one cares who he’s friends with. The decommits and recruitment is the root of the disdain. Miami fans are tired of being shît on by local kids so when things don’t go well for those kids, this is the reaction.

Good reasons then, hope he rides it out with all the love they provided him then.

Advertisement
Banda called him at the ceremony lying telling him that Travis Fisher was leaving Nebraska. Jaiden was upset because he had already signed his LOI and the ceremony was just a formality. He was calling around up there trying to find out if it was true. ABSOLUTELY STUPID on Banda's part. Imagine if he had came here then found out Banda was lying?

It did come out later that Travis Fisher got a $125k raise & had turned down DB coach jobs at FSU and Ole Miss.
Well, that doesn’t prove Banda was lying. He probably heard rumors as the guy was probably looking to leave and thought it was happening and then Nebraska upped his salary. It probably was premature and unsubstantiated though as Fisher hadn’t actually signed elsewhere.

#1 I actually have heard from multiple current recruits and the way UM goes about it is laughable even compared to Neb, TAMU, etc. UGA/Bama/LSU are on another tier all alone.. We are Behind when it comes to that. Also knowing these kids, random people knowing them in airport seems laughable to adults but the kids eat it up. Game 101 type ****. We have benefited from this at times, Gameday on campus and the Giant head helped reel in Jarren Williams not too far back.

#2 unfortunately most kids dont care about this enough so if true, I can respect it if he was intrigued by this. Unfortunately most of these kids are pushed into liberal arts or other dam near worthless degrees where that network or support staff will only be able to get them boys substitute teacher jobs or some ****.

#3 I can respect, I dont know much about dude and dont care to look it up enough, will tune into draft and see if nebraska has anybody picked up, could be sweet talk from coaches, everybody does it. Also unless coach is alumni or entrenched, hard to go to school for a coach, he might not be there are 4 years.

#4. I guess..

And what's going to happen once they make it to the NFL?? Every single NFL franchise exists in a city. Players have to learn how to manage distractions because thats what it means to be a professional. In the past its what separated MIA players from other schools, and ultimately helped it earn the moniker NFL-U.
They’d be more mature by the time they make it to the leagues . Big difference between a 17/18 years old than a 22 year old.

Plus, working on your craft and perfecting it requires discipline. You’d build that disciplined Framework while going to school and playing ball in a smaller town, without all those distractions. Social media is a game changer for these young guys, and playing in a major city only intensifies the distractions and decreases the focus for many college athletes.

Miami and USC hasn’t been putting out as many or the same caliber pros since social media became ubiquitous. They’ve gone backwards. Waaaaaaay backwards. Those smaller college towns are dominating college and I think location is playing a part in it (less distractions and increased focus)

Advertisement

1. Jaiden is still a punk
2. Nebraska still blows

They’d be more mature by the time they make it to the leagues . Big difference between a 17/18 years old than a 22 year old.

Plus, working on your craft and perfecting it requires discipline. You’d build that disciplined Framework while going to school and playing ball in a smaller town, without all those distractions. Social media is a game changer for these young guys, and playing in a major city only intensifies the distractions and decreases the focus for many college athletes.

Miami and USC hasn’t been putting out as many or the same caliber pros since social media became ubiquitous. They’ve gone backwards. Waaaaaaay backwards. Those smaller college towns are dominating college and I think location is playing a part in it (less distractions and increased focus)
They’ve been using that less distractions part forever. And yet where do they get in trouble more at? These small town buy these kids and win and then they blame the winning on their coaching and “lack of distractions” and on campus stadiums and packed stadiums.
I can see that dudes that wrote this have absolutely no idea how distracting it was down here in the 80’s 90’s. Didn’t seem to stop 5 natty’s.

Advertisement
Back