Confirmed Reggie Wayne New Colts' Wide Receiver Coach

Advertisement
We're already infiltrating NFL front offices. Love seeing our guys (and a great dude like Reggie) now infiltrating NFL coaching staffs at a higher rate too.

Advertisement
That's awesome for him, but I'm a little surprised that he was named an NFL WR coach without any coaching background whatsoever.
I know that he has been helping the Colts with coaching wide receivers for the past few years, at least during training camp, as a volunteer. So he does have some familiarity and they know first hand how he coaches.

#TNM, prove yourself in the NFL, then you can come and coach at UM.

"If Ken Dorsey didn't have a UM diploma, nobody would want him to coach at UM..."

...is what a bunch of dopey porsters tried to tell us.

I'm happy with where we ended up, but it's time to stop tolerating the anti-UM-bros who try to tell us that all of our alums are untalented, unspecial, and unqualified.

Wait. . . Does Reggie Wayne have any prior coaching experience (High school or college) before being hired to coach NFL WR’s for the Colts?

Advertisement
Nice to see Mike Mitchell getting an opportunity. Dude was tough as nails when he played in the league.

That's awesome for him, but I'm a little surprised that he was named an NFL WR coach without any coaching background whatsoever.
When you run routes like he did and produce on the field like he did,
You don't need no dam coaching experience. Reggie Wayne is one of the GOATS. Good for my man Reggie. Well deserved!!

Nice opportunity. Come back and make more money next year as an offensive analyst. :q3xkxex:

1647293960837.png

Last edited:
When you run routes like he did and produce on the field like he did,
You don't need no dam coaching experience. Reggie Wayne is one of the GOATS. Good for my man Reggie. Well deserved!!

When a player is a good, but not legendary, athlete, but still dominate at a high level, it is because of their iq, awareness, and attention to detail. THESE guys transition from player to coach quickly and effectively.

It’s the more naturally gifted guys that usually struggle in the transition because they relied on athleticism and instincts that can’t really be taught. Guys like Ed Reed, Dorsey and Wayne are the types that can take the less traditional route to high level coaching jobs.

Advertisement
good for mike mitchell… I’ll never forget kiper ragging on the raiders for picking him in the second round. Ended up having a nice career.
Talented box safety. He was always hurt if I remember though.

Shocked he got a position coaching job in the NFL with zero coaching experience. He's boys with Frank Reich though so it makes sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back