Reggie out?

Advertisement
Am I the only person that thought we defended really well overall? We had very few if any coverage break downs, we didn't allow free cuts into the lane, we fouled a few too many jump shooters but overall I was impressed. Their field goal percent from the field was massively aided by scoring on like 7 shots in a row as we were pressing for the first time all season.

Unless Reggie is knocking down open 3s we didn't miss him. We couldn't score to save our lives until we were down 20 with 2 minutes left.

Advertisement
Unless Reggie is knocking down open 3s we didn't miss him. We couldn't score to save our lives until we were down 20 with 2 minutes left.

we did miss him down low. his presence alone would've at least helped keep em off the boards early and maybe even draw some attention in the post to free up some of the traps on the wings.

Yeah, so about not missing RJ... anybody catch how easily Jekiri and RA got pushed around by 54? Laff laff laff. We missed him badly.

Haha...Missing RJ was not even close to the reason we lost

haha...thinking we didn't miss him at all is delusional and absurd.

Oh really? tell me how he helps us with that game? Guy has shot under 35% over the last 2 months, cant guard a soul and has become a turnover machine. We lost because we couldnt hit a shot and it seemed Marquette couldnt miss. Missing Reggie had nothing to do with that.

Yeah, so about not missing RJ... anybody catch how easily Jekiri and RA got pushed around by 54? Laff laff laff. We missed him badly.

Oh really? tell me how he helps us with that game? Guy has shot under 35% over the last 2 months, cant guard a soul and has become a turnover machine. We lost because we couldnt hit a shot and it seemed Marquette couldnt miss. Missing Reggie had nothing to do with that.

early on when the game turned we couldnt keep them from getting easy baskets and second chance points. his size would at least make em think twice.

You serious?

Otule & Gardner, both 6'9 280+, beasted us inside all night long. They combined for 25 points on 10/16 (62.5%) shooting -- all lay ups/put backs because they could easily establish position deep in the post because......... wait for it..................... we had nobody within 30 pounds of them to move them out of the way!

You're nuts if you don't think missing Reggie was a factor on that end of the court, and we know he's a much better passer out of the low post than either Jekiri or Akpejiori, so that would have provided some opportunities offensively. We had zero presence in the low post on both ends of the court and Reggie not being there was a big part of it.

With that said, they shot the lights out and we couldn't buy a bucket. They beat us and that's that.

Advertisement

early on when the game turned we couldnt keep them from getting easy baskets and second chance points. his size would at least make em think twice.

The only thinking they would have been doing is how quickly to attack a guy who cant move laterally or vertically.

Advertisement
Back