Reggie Bush

I will say this.

Those 1/2 years of USC Championship teams were somewhat old Canes. And their Linebackers played effing hard nose football.

That game when Notre **** grew the grass to slow him down and White is classic.

UCS push at the end, and the will to win is absolute awesome champion college football teams. Reggie Bush was that stud.

Them boys were bad.
**** no they weren't like the old school cane's. USC dominated a weak Pac12 conference during their run. Miami was an independent school that played stacked schedules and still dominated, unlike USC. Miami revolutionized college football and introduced the swagger that many teams, including those USC teams, would try to emulate.

USC's run was special, there's no denying that. But comparing it to Miami's is hyperbole and being short-sighted.

Advertisement
Reggie was that dude man, one of those players that you watch and even if he wasnt on your team wanted to see what he did next. Special player on the field, definition of impact player.

On a side note those guys from the mid 2000s Bush, Ginn, Harvin always made me salty because felt like we had a college equivalent in Hester but couldnt get him on the field because he didnt know the bro style playbook. Hilarious that it took coker the last game he played here to promise him a bush type role to try to get him to come back and play for free.
Hester will be in Canton....

**** no they weren't like the old school cane's. USC dominated a weak Pac12 conference during their run. Miami was an independent school that played stacked schedules and still dominated, unlike USC. Miami revolutionized college football and introduced the swagger that many teams, including those USC teams, would try to emulate.

USC's run was special, there's no denying that. But comparing it to Miami's is hyperbole and being short-sighted.

Yeah, they were pretty solid teams. For 2 years! Canes rolled tough for about 20!!!

They looked most like Miami. Not just the field. Not necessarily swag ( that is a Cane thang). But they were exciting.

As a reference, Baga is not exciting. Great, yet boring.

My point is that they have a story. And Beeeliieeevee me. My Ex wife is a Trojan. She cost me over 5 figures.

I think the Trojans are good for the Lack 12. But that's about it.

Let's go CANES.

Love that U. Always will.

It's not hyperbolic or short sighted at all. Though the 01' Canes are widely considered to be the greatest CFB team of all time, those USC teams were no slouch, and definitely in the top 5 all time discussion. There was a ridiculous amount of talent on those teams in terms of NFL draft picks. The reason for this is because Pete Carroll is in the same class as Belichick & JJ when it comes to talent evaluation. Him & JJ are one of the only HCs in the history of football to win a NC & SB. Have to give credit where its due. Not doing so only makes you short sighted & just another blind, misinformed Canes fan. Smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ya boys too obsessed with the NFL, lol.. This was a college GREAT and all ya can say is herp derp nfl.. Lol, wtf.. Dude won the hesiman, championship, was a first round pick, won a super bowl, etc.
Gave the trophy back because HE WAS A CHEATER.

Advertisement
It's not hyperbolic or short sighted at all. Though the 01' Canes are widely considered to be the greatest CFB team of all time, those USC teams were no slouch, and definitely in the top 5 all time discussion. There was a ridiculous amount of talent on those teams in terms of NFL draft picks. The reason for this is because Pete Carroll is in the same class as Belichick & JJ when it comes to talent evaluation. Him & JJ are one of the only HCs in the history of football to win a NC & SB. Have to give credit where its due. Not doing so only makes you short sighted & just another blind, misinformed Canes fan. Smh

Those USC teams were really good, but low key, may not be the most talented USC teams off all-time.

Late 70s USC had a stack of future Pro Football Hall of Famers on them.

Those USC teams were really good, but low key, may not be the most talented USC teams off all-time.

Late 70s USC had a stack of future Pro Football Hall of Famers on them.

That's true. John McKay definitely fielded great teams as well. Those late 70's teams had Lott, Marcus Allen, Munoz, and Bruce Matthews 2 yrs later

Last edited:
Advertisement
Remember when the NCAA proved Cam Newton's family took money and did jack **** because it was right before the national championship and because Auburn's in the SEC? Then Bush's family basically did the same thing and USC got hammered and has never been the same? **** the NCAA (yes i know this is about the Heisman but still).

Glad he's getting this back since the rules aren't even close to being applied fairly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back