Reggie Bush

Cane4life18

Senior
Not Hurricanes related but, still relevant to college football. Reggie Bush has been welcomed back at USC. The video USC Twitter account posted is amazing and gave me a serious case of nostalgia. Reggie had some serious juice. I remember watching him as a teenager and my older cousin would say, "****, that boy be shakin' like a crackhead" 🤣.

This is what college football is all about. Family. Love. Passion. Camaraderie. And most importantly, the endless memories these players give us every Saturday. 85 days until we start new memories.

Rest heavenly, King Nipsey. 👑💙

Advertisement
Reggie was that dude man, one of those players that you watch and even if he wasnt on your team wanted to see what he did next. Special player on the field, definition of impact player.

On a side note those guys from the mid 2000s Bush, Ginn, Harvin always made me salty because felt like we had a college equivalent in Hester but couldnt get him on the field because he didnt know the bro style playbook. Hilarious that it took coker the last game he played here to promise him a bush type role to try to get him to come back and play for free.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Question refresh my memory but he had a better high school and college career then in the pros right? I wonder why?
I guess speed doesn't kill when everyone is just as fast. In college he was probably the highlight king.

Not a Cane....

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Ehh I would say his pro career was fairly underrated. He was stuck being a very productive back on some real ****** teams, including the dolphins.
He solidified himself as quality back during his 2 years for the Dolphins. He was a legit 3 - down back. Rushed for over 1K his first season as the lead dog in the backfield.

I think his career is underrated back the hype surrounding him coming out of USC was so hype. The Barry Jackson comparisons were unfair to Reggie. Like you said, he was a sold NFL back. Funny part is he would probably thrive even more in today's style of football.

Advertisement
Question refresh my memory but he had a better high school and college career then in the pros right? I wonder why?
I guess speed doesn't kill when everyone is just as fast. In college he was probably the highlight king.
Turned himself into a good NFL back and had a respectable career.

He thrived in space, which he didn't always get in the NFL. And yes, everyone's faster in the NFL, so he couldn't pull off the stuff he was doing at USC.

Advertisement
Back