Regarding our assistant coaches

TheRagingWolf

Junior
We have some good position coaches. Coley is inexperienced but has a lot of potential and has certainly showed that. D'Onofrio is horrible. Hurlie Brown is okay. Jethro Franklin is okay. Larry Scott seems to be doing pretty well with Dobard and Walford. Paul Williams is horrible. Kehoe is a beast. Ice Harris seems to be doing well with Duke and Yearby. Brennan Carrol is Pete Carrol's son.

So basically my point is that we have some good position coaches on this team such as, Larry Scott, Art Kehoe and Ice Harris and I think it is unfair that these guys get thrown under the bus because the guys above them have no clue what they're doing.

How do we even know if Jethro Franklin is a good coach or not? He can't get any good DTs because the scheme of his DC sucks. That's not his problem. I would try and help out Paul Williams but he is just horrible, he has talented DBs and they have gotten worse. Scheme or not, he has gots to go.

Advertisement
We have THREE good position coaches and they should not be unfairly criticized for the actions of others. Al Golden and Donfrio are the problems not Scott, Kehoe and Ice Harris.

We have some good position coaches. Coley is inexperienced but has a lot of potential and has certainly showed that. D'Onofrio is horrible. Hurlie Brown is okay. Jethro Franklin is okay. Larry Scott seems to be doing pretty well with Dobard and Walford. Paul Williams is horrible. Kehoe is a beast. Ice Harris seems to be doing well with Duke and Yearby. Brennan Carrol is Pete Carrol's son.

So basically my point is that we have some good position coaches on this team such as, Larry Scott, Art Kehoe and Ice Harris and I think it is unfair that these guys get thrown under the bus because the guys above them have no clue what they're doing.

How do we even know if Jethro Franklin is a good coach or not? He can't get any good DTs because the scheme of his DC sucks. That's not his problem. I would try and help out Paul Williams but he is just horrible, he has talented DBs and they have gotten worse. Scheme or not, he has gots to go.

Hard to disagree with this as i always say that a position coach is only as good as his coordinator most of the time.

but we can do better than Jethro. give me kuligowski or petri any day of the week.

The dt's we have are still good players. Ive seen bud foster consistently do work with less and tell me what ucfs two d-tackles from last years 1 loss team names were?

I know its still alot of scheme problems but i dont like jethro regardless.

There's not a coach on this staff that I would keep. Maybe Ice just because he could help the transition with the local coaches.

Jethro is not ok he is horrible he can't recruit or coach. As much as I used to like Hurlie after his speech about being ok with losing I don't want him anywhere near my players. Get the heck out of here with that soft loser attitude we need coaches that can't sleep after a loss or even an ugly win. The only ones worth it are Ice Harris (huge help recruiting), Brennan Carroll (good guy who seems to be good recruiting cali as well as developing pretty good wr huge jump in hurns last year).

Iffy about both Coley and Swasey. Coley can stay if he learns to stop doing stupid trick plays and bubble screens. He has been improving his play calls every week but would feel more comfortable if the new head coach got involved (if he is an offensive minded one). Swasey is a favorite along alums, but he hasn't proved anything these last few years. If Butch is hired he would bring back both Swasey and Kehoe most likely and I will be fine with that but otherwise we should start fresh.

Advertisement
Yea just ICE i would keep everybody else MUST go you have to clean house because the environment and mental make up is very soft and weak there is no confidence the players really need to be unleash so they can play thier games...

Advertisement
Keep the following ONLY: Baez, Beard, Ice, Coley, and Carroll for recruiting purposes. Have Beard over WR, Carroll over TEs, Coley and Baez as recruiting coordinators. Ice as rb coach....everyone else..here's your pink slip.

I think if I could change one position coach I'd go with firing Jethro Franklin to hire Kevin Patrick. A second scenario is I would fire Williams to move Hurlie as the new secondary coach and I would like to hire Barrow back as the LB. He recognized Perryman and his recruiting speaks for itself. He's a good enough developer of talent to make the unit productive.

Jeremy Herring replacing Swasey, keep Ice, keep Coley (for now), keep Kehoe (for now), fire D'Onofrio and bring in Dave Aranda, and definitely keep Scott. I think Lamar Thomas would be an upgrade over Brennan Carroll but I wouldn't complain if he wasn't brought in. And Don Soldinger for special teams coordinator.

Last edited:
I don't have an opinion about Swasey.

our team is a lot stronger than it was in 2010 that's for **** sure. i think that has more to do with Golden's off-season program than Swasey.

Advertisement

Jethro Franklin is okay? He is the biggest problem we have and it's not even close. There is absolutely zero pass rush, no tackles for loss and limited sacks. He can't get DT's because he can't close. Who cares if Brennan is Pete's son, what does that have to do if he is a good coach or not? Rex Ryan is Buddy Ryan's son......

Advertisement
Back