Refs, Penalties and Play calling....

You all must be NEW Miami fans... cant remember a time where we got the benefit of the doubt in a big game ..... we almost let the ref's hurt us bc of Al and Coley .. period

Advertisement
The refs literally took two TDs from us, and a potential drive to ice the game, coaches messed up too, blame goes both ways, but dam them refs took points from us

IMO, the worst call was the 'running into the kicker' on NEB that clearly looked like a roughing( and that was a huge distinction since it was 4th and 7 at that point) and didn't turn into a Miami first down. Vogel - who's turning into a real weapon - was clearly roughed, IMO

Well the dominant cheer yesterday was "Ref You SUCK"....pathetic bunch. Go back to high school. Lucky they got out of the stadium. GO CANES!

Advertisement
IMO, the worst call was the 'running into the kicker' on NEB that clearly looked like a roughing( and that was a huge distinction since it was 4th and 7 at that point) and didn't turn into a Miami first down. Vogel - who's turning into a real weapon - was clearly roughed, IMO

No the worse was om sunny who pancaked a guy and they called a hold on the TD

As I said on another thread, I rewatched the Dobard holding call on the long Walton TD and it was definitely a penalty.
Also rewatched the Rayshawn call closely. It was a catch.

The Dobard call was technically a correct call on the hold...if the refs were calling the game that way consistently. But Nebraska's blockers were wrapping up and tackling our defensive players much of the night and I think only a couple got called. Either you "let them play" or you don't. But you don't let one team play and not the other.

Advertisement
The staff made mistakes, no doubt, but I can't really hate on them too much. The zebras were ******** with them badly. Very very badly.

It boggles my mind that ANYONE could see this game and blame this on officiating.

We abandoned the run when our RB was getting 13 yards a pop

Horse****, your hatred is blinding you to reality.

The coaches clearly f-d up as usual, FACT is that the refs ensured Nebraska remained in the game despite our poor leadership.

UM

Aqm was tackled on the long pass that got carter ejected. He doesn't get held and its a sack

The no-calls that favored Nebraska was almost as bad as the terrible calls they made against us.
I have never seen anything like this.
This was as bad as some of the officiating and scorekeeping you saw in the Olympics during the Iron Curtain era.

Advertisement
You all must be NEW Miami fans... cant remember a time where we got the benefit of the doubt in a big game ..... we almost let the ref's hurt us bc of Al and Coley .. period

This officiating was a little worse than not giving us the "benefit of the doubt".
Don't ya think?

the refs in the 4th q tried to gift wrapped this game to the cornhuskers.
honestly, anyone that does not see what occurred is blinded by pure hate.

for example, the "punt": it was a not running in to the kicker it was a pf then a coach seeing an injustice gets called for 15 yrds. after that cluster f$%& there is an off-sides by Nebraska(4 of them were off) Miami gets the penalty.
the ref on the Canes side called us for two sideline penalties, golden for 15 yds(crap call) and a bogus motion call .............ref must be a canesinsight member!!

I was at the game, and the Nebraska Oline was holding on many plays, and their CB's were grabbing our WR jerseys, and nothing was ever called.

I was there as well. The miami ends were held on every passing play

Advertisement
HOLLY covering the spread batman............the ref on the canes side definitely had money on the game.

in OT: yearby got the first down and he calls illegal formation. there is no way there were 5 in the back field. bogus call again rewound several time and no such penalty.

3-0 fellas!!

Advertisement
Back