refresh my memory....our last win over a great team?

sniffin94

shoe program *****
I really can't remember. Beating ohio state at home was a nice win...but they weren't a great team. The gaytur win was fun, but they are aweful. What was the last great or even really good team that we beat. Seems like every team around the top 25 has had that 1 signature win over a great team. We have gotten manhandled by every very good or great team that we have played for quite a while. Talk me off the ledge.

Advertisement
Define "great"

The 2005 win at #3 Virginia Tech was pretty big. Not sure if it was a "great win." Sad that we have to go back that far. We've had wins over highly ranked teams that turned out to be mediocre by years end, like Oklahoma in '09, FSU in '09, Ohio State in '11 and Florida in '13. Not that I ever consider a win over Georgia Tech to be a great win, but in we killed them in 09 and they were 11-2, ACC champs and went to the Orange Bowl that year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UF was a good win, I don't care if people discount it because of their record today.
It was a great win, no doubt. I suppose that wasn't the question though.

He said "What was the last great or even really good team that we beat."

I think that was UF.

I definately don't count uif this year. It was a great win but that team is aweful. Probably 05 vag tech I guess. I was watching usc beat stanford and wondering about this.

UF was a good win, I don't care if people discount it because of their record today.

I think that was UF.

I definately don't count uif this year. It was a great win but that team is aweful. Probably 05 vag tech I guess. I was watching usc beat stanford and wondering about this.

Agree to disagree, the UF we faced is not the team anyone else faced. Sorry, they had significant injuries and that is why they are where they are.

Advertisement

I think that was UF.

Agree to disagree, the UF we faced is not the team anyone else faced. Sorry, they had significant injuries and that is why they are where they are.

I agree with this. They had a better roster and they definitely came to play that day. It's not so unlike our position. Complete loss of momentum, mounting injuries....no stability. It happens all over the place.

In 09 we beat GT who was ranked 13th at the time and ended up ranked 13th

Not a great team but thats probably the best team we have beaten since 05 VT

Advertisement
Back