Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do you consider them projects? All QB must be developed. There was no 5-star freshman QB that started or finished the year as a starter.

Neither Ohio State or Florida will start their 5-star QB recruits next? Are they projects? Yes. Every QB is. Every QB must be developed. Some develop quicker than others.
In their respective recruiting classes, in the composite Emory and Judd were the 34th (627th overall) and 58th (921st overall) best qbs. These weren’t highly regarded QBs that big time programs were after. They’re both players with some good tools to work with, but both need SIGNIFICANT development and time. There’s a reason they were ranked where they were and why they had offers from the schools that they did.

Advertisement
If we take this kid, even if Taulia doesn't get the waiver we will need to take another QB. If the coaches want to roll into spring with JB, Hufflepuff and Emory to see what's what then that's fine. BUT! Unless a clear QB1 emerges from that group that can win you 8-9 games then you need to bring in someone else.

If we take this kid, even if Taulia doesn't get the waiver we will need to take another QB. If the coaches want to roll into spring with JB, Hufflepuff and Emory to see what's what then that's fine. BUT! Unless a clear QB1 emerges from that group that can win you 8-9 games then you need to bring in someone else.
100%

Advertisement
Like where? Shannon Terry from ON3 basically admitted yesterday that Nelson was a poor recruiting eval.
so you're taking the eval from the same people that gave him a high eval originally, despite him not playing as absolute fact?

We already have the legions of mouthbreathers making up nicknames for him that my 4 year old could probably come up with. The hilarious thing about all of this is that Mario got absolutely dogwalked last offseason by the fanbase for not adding more competition to the QB room and here's a kid who was arguably the top QB in FCS that is going to do exactly that.

I also find it amusing that many have already come to the firm conclusion that the staff is going to simply cap the QB room on Jan 8th when they were just pursuing the top two QB's in the portal. Can we at least see what happens with Taulia and/or the second portal window or that is too nuanced?
In what reality do you think a starting caliber is going to be available in the second transfer window? Even if some top quality qb enters then, it is a massive failure to not have your starting qb for the season in the fold for Spring practice—maybe that’s ok in a transition season but absolutely not in year 3.

Here is the list of QBs that entered the portal in 2023–take a look at the list of Spring portal transfers from 2023 and tell me that’s even a remotely viable option. Payton Thorne was essentially the best qb to transfer in that window…

so you're taking the eval from the same people that gave him a high eval originally, despite him not playing as absolute fact?
I just think the book is out on him and probably not the best sign that one of the best QB coaches of the past decade would rather roll with Miller Moss and a transfer from UNLV instead of him.

Advertisement
I just think the book is out on him and probably not the best sign that one of the best QB coaches of the past decade would rather roll with Miller Moss and a transfer from UNLV instead of him.
yeah nelson wasn't someone I was super thrilled to be rolling into next year about, howard, ward Jefferson, mccord were the proven starters that I thought would give us the best chance at 10 wins

idk if he'll be any good, but it's wild to say the book is out on him when he hasn't played, when he was sitting behind the heisman winner / first overall pick, and when half the USC team is transferring out.

Between that Lincoln Riley letting him walk but giving the Maivia kid a look, people on here that seem to know the situation saying the kid would be a bad pickup and him ending up In Boise. Seems to be more suggesting he's a bust.

In what reality do you think a starting caliber is going to be available in the second transfer window? Even if some top quality qb enters then, it is a massive failure to not have your starting qb for the season in the fold for Spring practice—maybe that’s ok in a transition season but absolutely not in year 3.

Here is the list of QBs that entered the portal in 2023–take a look at the list of Spring portal transfers from 2023 and tell me that’s even a remotely viable option. Payton Thorne was essentially the best qb to transfer in that window…

You realize this years Heisman winner was a spring portal entry, right?

I’m not sunshine pumping declaring we’d be afforded the same opportunity (an outlier) but to outright dismiss it is dumb and lazy. We can back channel. Let’s lock up Reese and start digging for the next portal window (assuming Taulia is denied).

**** we might just end up with Taulia and Reese as is and that would be more than fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back