Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
yeah nelson wasn't someone I was super thrilled to be rolling into next year about, howard, ward Jefferson, mccord were the proven starters that I thought would give us the best chance at 10 wins

idk if he'll be any good, but it's wild to say the book is out on him when he hasn't played, when he was sitting behind the heisman winner / first overall pick, and when half the USC team is transferring out.
Rogers was the kid I wanted but I don't blame him for going to Washington. McCord should have been the pivot after the first two kids visited. Unsure about Jefferson and there never seemed to be reciprocal interest on either side. Leonard was always going to ND and I personally think he's a bit overrated. Blake Shapen, who wound up at Miss St. was a kid I like. McCall at NC State could be decent but he looked fairly pedestrian this past year. It's a lot of unknown and mid beyond that.

Advertisement
In their respective recruiting classes, in the composite Emory and Judd were the 34th (627th overall) and 58th (921st overall) best qbs. These weren’t highly regarded QBs that big time programs were after. They’re both players with some good tools to work with, but both need SIGNIFICANT development and time. There’s a reason they were ranked where they were and why they had offers from the schools that they did.
There are just as many 3* or lower rated QBs then Emory or Judd who have played as Freshmen, RS Freshmen or Sophmores and have had some success as there are 4* or 5* QBs at that age. There are also a lot of highly rated QBs who have struggles and moved on from their respective programs. I.e. Malachi, Moore…
What he is saying is true.

All QBs need development expect for a few polished ones that were highly coveted.

We shot our shot with the guys we felt would be immediate improvements (Ward and Howard)and unfortunately it didn’t work out.

It doesn’t mean we still don’t have talent on this roster. Otherwise, our recruitment of all of our QBs is an epic failure; if you can’t expect any one of them to come in and lead you to victory.

Brown played a decent game for missing HALF of the starting offense and starting the game with our coordinator calling the most conservative game plan known to GOD. All while our defense missing HALF its starters was getting gashed and losing the T.O.P. situation badly. Meaning less plays for Jacurri to even get going in his FIRST action all year.

We need some perspective.

I wanna say this …. If took him last year . I think nobody has an issue with it …. It’s just the situation we are in this year … it’s not ideal. I get it we are still gonna actively try to get a QB1 but this whole process is now being done backwards… you go get a QB1 then you go get a kid like Reese. It’s not fair to Reese we bout to throw him in the fire. We keep taking projects .. we don’t have time for projects… what if we don’t find that QB1 we’re forced to roll with Reese . I think that’s what everyone is scared of and they have the right to be. This was handled poorly …. If we being 1k .. we should’ve took a transfer QB last season . It was kinda plain to see

So the all-time leading passer in the Big 10 isn't a 'real QB'? Who in your professional opinion should we be pursuing?
And has won what ? The answer is 0 - anyone who throws the ball on every play can run up numbers, it takes a **** of a lot more to be a QB, a winning QB.

Advertisement
Leaping Lanny Poffo has good genes, I wouldn't be shocked if he lights up Florida A&M next year.

Lanny Poffo Wwe GIF
man GIF

I would rather back channel and get a better QB to enter and come here during the next portal window than take this dude now. Ending up with this dude with the funds we have allegedly allocated to landing a QB would be pretty embarassing.

Bruh. Have you seen the offense?
It takes more than just "allocated funds".

You're looking at potential career suicide. This offense sucks. A QB aint guaranteed to make it any better. So you better be ok with cats like this.

They may be all we gone get till the going gets better.

Advertisement
I wanna say this …. If took him last year . I think nobody has an issue with it …. It’s just the situation we are in this year … it’s not ideal. I get it we are still gonna actively try to get a QB1 but this whole process is now being done backwards… you go get a QB1 then you go get a kid like Reese. It’s not fair to Reese we bout to throw him in the fire. We keep taking projects .. we don’t have time for projects… what if we don’t find that QB1 we forces to roll with Reese . I think that’s what everyone is scared of and they have the right to be. This was handled poorly …. If we being 1k .. we shouldn’t took a transfer QB last season . It was kinda plain to see
This is completely spot on. You take a kid like this a year ago to compete with and potentially supplant TVD and your QB room is in a far better place going into this year.

Advertisement
You realize this years Heisman winner was a spring portal entry, right?

I’m not sunshine pumping declaring we’d be afforded the same opportunity (an outlier) but to outright dismiss it is dumb and lazy. We can back channel. Let’s lock up Reese and start digging for the next portal window (assuming Taulia is denied).

**** we might just end up with Taulia and Reese as is and that would be more than fine.
Penix transferred to go play with his former OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back