Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

This is why you can't just watch highlights. You would think Jarren Williams was a stud by watching this. All QBs look good in their highlights lol.

Nah man this video is so much worse. What are you seeing in this that make Williams look good? This stat line popping up against C Michigan? He’s beating up on Bethune and threw a TD against C Michigan and throwing the same play action deep ball over the middle. I’m not implying this Reese kid is great but I don’t think you chose the right video to make your point.
IMG_2125.jpeg

Advertisement
Caveman don't care. We have great recruiting classes. *

*At every position except the most important ones.

Offensive and defensive line aren’t just as important as anything else besides QB? Interesting thought. Incorrect, but interesting.

I’ll be the first one to say QB and CB recruiting hasn’t been good enough. But let’s not get all silly here. They signed arguably the best OL class in the country in 2023. And then everyone laughed and clowned and trolled for 8 months about signing the best DL class in the country in 2024 and he, *check notes* signed arguably the best DL class in the country in 2024. Oh and it wasn’t too bad in 2023 either, highlighted by that Bain guy.

So troll and clown about the QB right now. But it’s the Lord’s day here. Let’s have a smidge of reality and perspective, eh? Readyyyyy..break.

Offensive and defensive line aren’t just as important as anything else besides QB? Interesting thought. Incorrect, but interesting.

I’ll be the first one to say QB and CB recruiting hasn’t been good enough. But let’s not get all silly here. They signed arguably the best OL class in the country in 2023. And then everyone laughed and clowned and trolled for 8 months about signing the best DL class in the country in 2024 and he, *check notes* signed arguably the best DL class in the country in 2024. Oh and it wasn’t too bad in 2023 either, highlighted by that Bain guy.

So troll and clown about the QB right now. But it’s the Lord’s day here. Let’s have a smidge of reality and perspective, eh? Readyyyyy..break.
We have the dumbest, dopiest, misinformed fan base in sports and it’s not remotely close

Advertisement
Yea for real him or Nelson with super high upside vs developing a unknown guy from FCS who is not proven either lol
pretty well documented that Nelson wanted to transfer somewhere that he was going to be handed the starting job.

If you think Poffenbarger is being brought in to start then you really are past saving

No silly rabbit. But, if dunking on an 8 foot rim is the key metric leading to to landing a FCS QB, Mario is an idiot. No One, and I mean no one wanted this kid coming out of high school. No legitimate program wanted him to transfer this season. No one but slurpers like anything about his game. If he is Mario's guy, either Mario is an idiot or everyone believes he is a QB killer. Right now every team we play next year would keep their QB rather than trade with us. There are reasons Mario's record is what it is.

Truth hurts. I’m stunned we have no answer at QB. If we end up starting JB or EW or this kid, we’re a 6-8 win team again, even with top OL and DL. You can’t beat a UL, Clemson or FSU scoring under 20 on offense. The new Ga Tech.

Well let’s hope the trolling bout the QB position that’s bout to happen causes him to react the same way he has about the OL and DL… I think we all agree he’s done well in those areas but we cant ignore what is taking place before our eyes can’t say you wanna be QBU again but constantly taking Projects at the position. Can’t say you wanna be QBU have 2 mill to spend and end up with the bottom of the barrel.

Advertisement
I have a feeling we’re going to end up with him and it’s going to be embarrassing to watch half this board explode and proceed to trash him.

You can take out your frustration on Mario without denigrating the kid.

I have a feeling we’re going to end up with him and it’s going to be embarrassing to watch half this board explode and proceed to trash him.

You can take out your frustration on Mario without denigrating the kid.
We already have the legions of mouthbreathers making up nicknames for him that my 4 year old could probably come up with. The hilarious thing about all of this is that Mario got absolutely dogwalked last offseason by the fanbase for not adding more competition to the QB room and here's a kid who was arguably the top QB in FCS that is going to do exactly that.

I also find it amusing that many have already come to the firm conclusion that the staff is going to simply cap the QB room on Jan 8th when they were just pursuing the top two QB's in the portal. Can we at least see what happens with Taulia and/or the second portal window or that is too nuanced?

People need to relax even if we get this kid he’s definitely not being promised the starting job or anything. Everyone’s been clamoring that we need more bodies at qb and now we get a decent backup who has actual experience.

We will most likely get a guy during the spring window and I fully expect Jacurri to be the starter until then

Advertisement
This kid plus Taulia when/if he gets his waiver. I'm not sure why everyone thinks we could even get kids like Nelson when they may have not even considered coming here. It's a two way street and I don't remember them saying I want to be a Cane and Mario turning them down. All we need is one good year at QB and other kids will come. On top of that we have a stud coming in 25 that will probably end up a high 4*QB.

Let me get the obvious out of the way. Fans are lazy and stupid. They only look at star ratings and level of competition.

What fans fail to understand is that it doesn't matter what level you play at for the QB position.

The QB doesn't block, doesn't tackle, and seldom runs. The QB makes decisions and throws the ball with precision. That's the job.

Forget ratings. Forget stats. Forget highlights. The game film doesn't lie. The people that have broken down his game film say this young man is a baller.

He'd be the 2nd choice behind Salter.

I like this guy for multiple reasons.

He has experience and skills.

Secondly, we need another QB regardless of whether he starts.

Lastly, I want a fair competition for JB and Emory. If Salter comes in, then he's going to be named the starter.

I'll take either Salter or Reese aka "Professor Burger."

If JB continues to develop and beats them out, then we roll with JB.

I think Emory redshirts in 2024 like JB did in 2023.

Who are the professional talent evaluators that have broken down his game film and said this young man is a baller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back