Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

24-41 for 341 yards and 3 touchdowns in an upset win.

At this point I think you take this kid as QB2 (hopefully) and look for another experienced QB to bring in. Maybe Taulia, maybe a spring entry. But this kid certainly looks good enough to bring competition to the room and imo we should have four experienced QBs battling in the off season.

Advertisement
the naked gun facepalm GIF

Advertisement
The uncertainty of the portal is what made some of the arguments put forward over the summer about not perusing bigtime HS QBs and instead saving $$$ for portal QBs nonsensical. The demand for impact portal QBs so far outweighs the supply.

And it seems most would now be relieved if we end up with a portal QB who is merely serviceable at best (Taulia) considering the other remaining alternatives are utterly abysmal by comparison. How shocking.

Advertisement
The UAlbany vs SDSU. FCS semi final game is on right now. His OL stinks. Kid has to make decisions in literally a split second. He scrambles and throws on the run

I don’t see the “weak arm” mentioned.

He does try to make a lot of throws into tight windows.

Alabama struggled to find a starting QB this season and the athlete they put behind center was throwing passes to the dirt.

OSU was unhappy with their QB and offense on a whole.

These are perennial CFP programs that are also looking for a championship QB.
I mean, look how much effort the gators put into pretending graham mertz is good.

The UAlbany vs SDSU. FCS semi final game is on right now. His OL stinks. Kid has to make decisions in literally a split second. He scrambles and throws on the run

I don’t see the “weak arm” mentioned.

He does try to make a lot of throws into tight windows.
Yea idk if he's as bad as ppl say. The two main things I look at for a qb in college is: 1. Pause the play when pressure forces him to make a throw, see who is open. Did he make the right throw? Many times in his circumstance there is no throw to make, 2) His accuracy on throws.

Hes pretty solid on both those factors. He has solid escapability too. Not a Canon arm, but not weak either.

I prefer him over Sluka and Maiva. For what's left on the board, he's #2 behind Tua. Just bc he's not the star qb we wanted doesn't mean I'm gonna be mad and just reject him. We need QB competition here. I say bring him and Tua both in.

Advertisement
So, every team we play next year will have a higher rated/better QB than us! **** Mario for working hard to maintain his below. 500 record.
so that's your only measure, qb recruit rankings?

so when Jake Garcia was here we were probably great right?

Advertisement
so that's your only measure, qb recruit rankings?

so when Jake Garcia was here we were probably great right?
No silly rabbit. But, if dunking on an 8 foot rim is the key metric leading to to landing a FCS QB, Mario is an idiot. No One, and I mean no one wanted this kid coming out of high school. No legitimate program wanted him to transfer this season. No one but slurpers like anything about his game. If he is Mario's guy, either Mario is an idiot or everyone believes he is a QB killer. Right now every team we play next year would keep their QB rather than trade with us. There are reasons Mario's record is what it is.

Watched his highlights and a tweet with him doing some pretty impressive dunks on the basketball court. Looks to have plus athleticism for his size. Play style looks a bit like Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. Doesn’t have plus arm strength and his highlights have a good amount of 50/50 balls. Also didn’t look like he had the greatest line so I’d definitely need to see more to assess the turnover #s
Was just about to say after I just watched his film. Poor man’s Baker Mayfield. He had some impressive long TD runs against his two FBS opponents where he just outruns everyone on Marshall and Hawaii but… it’s a big leap banking on him being a #1. You just can’t translate his skill set over with any real expectations. If the plan is to add him for depth and still expect a Tualia, Ward or spring transfer to jump in I’m for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back