Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this a couple days ago but at this point there are zero options that make it worthwhile NOT to wait on Ward/Taulia. We should have moved on weeks ago, but now that we’re here we might as well keep trying lol sad sad place to be
10307 (1).jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Full court press the top guy on the board, this guy out not. Promise him if he's the best he will start, nothing more, & go big game hunting in Spring when there will be a few big names at QB2 looking at our depth chart, OL & skill guys liking our situation.

Agree with this. If you take him, it’s to add competition to the room.

But that’s my problem. In Year 3 of the Mario Cristobal era…how do we not have a). A viable starting option at QB, and b), a QB worth a **** that wants to come here?

For as strong of a recruiter as he is, why are we struggling so bad to recruit the most important position in college football? It’s project after project. Year 3 is too imperative to walk into the Swamp with a project.

With the amount of money we’re offering at the position, to not a top five portal QB is quite frankly embarrassing.

Alabama struggled to find a starting QB this season and the athlete they put behind center was throwing passes to the dirt.

OSU was unhappy with their QB and offense on a whole.

These are perennial CFP programs that are also looking for a championship QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s going to be a great national story when Barfburger takes the CFB world by storm at Miami in 2024.

Mario took Anthony Brown and CJ Verdell to the horseshoe and bullied OSU with CJ Stroud, C. Olave & JS-N.

The QB only needs to be a game manager who can keep defenses honest, IF, we can get high-level RB production.

TVD had such a bad year that I believe there's a general over-compensatory reaction to the QB situation, but we need a very good game manager on the roster to elevate the floor before we worry about the superstar that will raise the ceiling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back