Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The cats out of the bag.

Quarterbacks aren't coming to play for Mario and/or Dawson.

If we can get a proven guy from anywhere, I'd give him a shot.

Also, people need to realize that it doesn't matter who we get at QB. They have to play in this system. With these route trees, and formations, and play calling.

We saw 3 guys play QB this year in our system and they all 3 looker similar. Missing wide open guys. Keying on Restrepo. Strange interceptions.

Anyone notice that yellow flag after the summersault TD? Don’t let the ACC officiating see this tape.
Seriously though, if we end up with him, we’d better not parade out that toddler tee that Mario was seen holding at his hiring. “Poffenbarger” would not fit on it.

Hey @RVACane you need to make a gif with Cam and Mario‘s heads on the broke back cowboys bodies with Mario saying “ I can’t quit you “.

👀

🤔

👇

200.gif

👆

👍

👀

Advertisement
The cats out of the bag.

Quarterbacks aren't coming to play for Mario and/or Dawson.

If we can get a proven guy from anywhere, I'd give him a shot.

Also, people need to realize that it doesn't matter who we get at QB. They have to play in this system. With these route trees, and formations, and play calling.

We saw 3 guys play QB this year in our system and they all 3 looker similar. Missing wide open guys. Keying on Restrepo. Strange interceptions.
This is becoming a really lazy take. We went from an abortion of an offense under Gattis to an offense that finished 31st in the country at over 430 yards per game. We had two of the top three most productive receivers in the conference and have/will return one of the best OL in the country.

The grave mistake the staff made was doubling down on a talented QB that clearly didn't have it between the ears and truly didn't want to be at Miami post-spring. The best result for all parties would have been for TVD to move on when Bama was courting him and pivot to someone like Mike Pratt. They went all-in to keep him and made their bed. When Tyler started stinking up the joint in conference play, the lack of suitable backup reared it's ugly head. The litmus test for Mario/Dawson will be how he responds to new coaching and if he's able to revert back to the QB we saw in '21. Time will tell.

In the meantime, call it circumstantial, poor decision-making/roster construction, etc., but don't for a second tell me that the ingredients aren't there/wouldn't be attractive for the right portal QB.

Taking FCS kids is a huge risk. It’s a toss up so you better evaluate your *** off and know for sure he can translate a couple levels up. This isn’t G5 to P5. You can hit gold like Verse or hit poo like Tommy Kennedy. Mario put himself in this position playing the Ward game so long.

Difference #889 btwn manny and Mario - Tommy Kennedy was on the roster for a year, Nick Roberts was not a match, there was mutual parting of the ways in a month. (Freed up a scholarship).

Edit - I was kindly informed I made a mistake Terry Roberts from Iowa not Nick

Last edited:
Advertisement
FCS is Division I football.

I said FCS vs. G5 opponents, & u’re cherry picking a game for Salter. UO is a far, FAR superior team than Liberty. Hawaii is not a far superior team than any FCS school that made the FCS playoffs, nor was Marshall this yr.

But I’m curious, why didn’t u choose Salter’s first yr as a starter, 3rd career game against top 25 WF team in 2022 on the road when he went 19/34 for 255 2 TDs 2 ints along w/ 15 carries for 71 yards and 1 TD in a 1 point loss after his 3rd ever career start?

Rellyrell stop w the data lol

Difference #889 btwn manny and Mario - Tommy Kennedy was on the roster for a year, Nick Roberts was not a match, there was mutual parting of the ways in a month. (Freed up a scholarship)
The **** are you talking about? Nick Roberts was also better than any CB we brought in that year outside of Bandy. So maybe don’t tout that.

Figured he deserved his own thread. Is he a plan A option at quarterback? Probably not….but people are evaluating him exclusively on where he plays, which is ridiculous.

I’ll beat the the drum for him to at least get a look by Mario and the rest of the staff, especially if we keep striking out on guys like Ward and Howard.

The dude is an absolute stud — led UAlbany to their best season in school history. With a better OL, his numbers would have been even crazier. Watch his tape below:

Working till 7am tonight I’m gonna have to watch some tape on this kid.

Advertisement
This is becoming a really lazy take. We went from an abortion of an offense under Gattis to an offense that finished 31st in the country at over 430 yards per game. We had two of the top three most productive receivers in the conference and have/will return one of the best OL in the country.

The grave mistake the staff made was doubling down on a talented QB that clearly didn't have it between the ears and truly didn't want to be at Miami post-spring. The best result for all parties would have been for TVD to move on when Bama was courting him and pivot to someone like Mike Pratt. They went all-in to keep him and made their bed. When Tyler started stinking up the joint in conference play, the lack of suitable backup reared it's ugly head. The litmus test for Mario/Dawson will be how he responds to new coaching and if he's able to revert back to the QB we saw in '21. Time will tell.

In the meantime, call it circumstantial, poor decision-making/roster construction, etc., but don't for a second tell me that the ingredients aren't there/wouldn't be attractive for the right portal QB.
Every offseason move Mario made last offseason hit, except giving TVD a 2nd chance.

Advertisement
The **** are you talking about? Nick Roberts was also better than any CB we brought in that year outside of Bandy. So maybe don’t tout that.

I made a mistake Terry Robert’s from Iowa lasted a month here last year, transferred to mich st didn’t make it to the first game with them.

I know times are tough get some new panties

Manny was a **** show
Building a dumpster fire. Couldn't manage roster

Mario will get 4 classes guaranteed
He will get zero real pressure until year 5
They forget that Mario has a TEN YEAR CONTRACT. We are in Year 3, and this isn't Texas A&M, where oil money covers everything. Mario will get until at least year 5 before the seat gets warm, provided things don't go completely off the rails before then. Worst case scenario, Miami pulls a Michigan and makes Mario renegotiate his contract if things don't improve by year 4, but he's not truly in danger of being fired until year 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back