Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
As one of the first people to have qualms about the Ward situation, this kid is taking a lot of undeserved flack.

Him + Taulia is a B+ portal haul and it’s easily a better room than what last year’s ended up being.

happy new year don't live like you're in prison GIF

Advertisement
As one of the first people to have qualms about the Ward situation, this kid is taking a lot of undeserved flack.

Him + Taulia is a B+ portal haul and it’s easily a better room than what last year’s ended up being.
It is that “+ Taulia” that worries me, I’m not a lawyer but I think he has a very weak case for the waiver.

I would be ok with him given our current situation.

it's not a popular opinion on here but I think we're more than fine at WR
Sure we can get by, but we will lack a true number 1 WR unless Horton or George take a big step. X can technically be a WR1 but he's like a Braxton Berrios, Instead of a Ahmon Richards.

Advertisement
I’ve never seen a coach be allowed to lower the bar and expections like Mario has. It’s remarkable
This wouldn't be the only QB we take, he has 2 years of eligibility left. We will still be going after another QB like Taulia or someone else.

Advertisement
This wouldn't be the only QB we take, he has 2 years of eligibility left. We will still be going after another QB like Taulia or someone else.
Someone else? You are talking like Mario can cherry pick his QB anytime he wants.

QB recruiting is Achille’s Heel for Recruiter Mario, we shouldn’t take it for granted anymore.

Advertisement
What does the level of competition have to do with throwing the football?

There's a former NFL QB that has a gold jacket who played at the FCS level.

Several NFL QBs played at the FCS level. I think NFL scouts know more than you, me, and most college coaches.

The fact that the Miami staff is giving this young man a look tells you they are doing their due diligence.

There’s more to being a QB than “throwing the football,”. But to answer your question anyway, the level of talent has a lot to do with it.

An open receiver at the FCS level snd an open receiver at the ACC level look different

When your culture allows this, it's on the staff!
Lmao - what makes you think the staff allowed this? Some kids just can’t handle growing up and taking responsibility for there actions

Especially something as difficult as the business of being an elite football player at a major program.

I played D2 and the time commitment there was insane. I can’t imagine at UM.

Someone else? You are talking like Mario can cherry pick his QB anytime he wants.

QB recruiting is Achille’s Heel for Recruiter Mario, we shouldn’t take it for granted anymore.
I'm sure they will find someone else. Taulia is a lock if he gets the waiver and QBs will enter the portal after spring.

I'm sure they will find someone else. Taulia is a lock if he gets the waiver and QBs will enter the portal after spring.
Here’s my problem: I have zero trust in Mario’s ability to land a top QB.

And that, for a supposedly “elite” recruiter, is a giant red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back