Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will continue to be the standard with NIL and the transfer portal. The majority of QBs are not going to sit and wait their turn. Coaches are going to have to grind every year for a good transfer QB and hope to nail their high school evaluations.

UGA, UCLA, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, FSU, and many others all had QBs transfer out of their programs.

Not sure if we're disagreeing. Assuming you're right, that makes it all the more critical to have someone lined up. Mario failed to do that 2 portal seasons running. The team suffered for his lack of urgency on QB this past season, and now we're looking at another lost season in 2024.

Advertisement
Let's assume we're talking about Poffenbarger as a possible QB2 take, not a QB1 take. Are there any others out there that are better QB2 options in the portal?
The problem is we are looking for QB1. We already have a couple of QB2s on the roster

Advertisement
Not sure if we're disagreeing. Assuming you're right, that makes it all the more critical to have someone lined up. Mario failed to do that 2 portal seasons running. The team suffered for his lack of urgency on QB this past season, and now we're looking at another lost season in 2024.
Yep be prepared for the worst, and hope for the best!

Thank you… they don’t even care that a lesser QB from the same conference is about to run PJ Flecks offense.

See this is where I know your just chosing to die on this hill. Brosmer was the much better QB than him and did more stats wise with 4 less games played.

Your guy - 58% 240 yards a game 36 tds and 13 ints.
Your lesser guy - 65% 315 yars a game 29 tds and 5 ints.

Advertisement
See this is where I know your just chosing to die on this hill. Brosmer was the much better QB than him and did more stats wise with 4 less games played.

Your guy - 58% 240 yards a game 36 tds and 13 ints.
Your lesser guy - 65% 315 yars a game 29 tds and 5 ints.

Please…then how come the guys that watch him play every week put him in the same echelon?

How about you stop googling ESPN and watch some football?

Advertisement
Figured he deserved his own thread. Is he a plan A option at quarterback? Probably not….but people are evaluating him exclusively on where he plays, which is ridiculous.

I’ll beat the the drum for him to at least get a look by Mario and the rest of the staff, especially if we keep striking out on guys like Ward and Howard.

The dude is an absolute stud — led UAlbany to their best season in school history. With a better OL, his numbers would have been even crazier. Watch his tape below:

Kid is a gamer. Throws very good and accurate👀👀! If the Oline can keep him fairly clean, this kid is good enough for this season to improve to 10+wins. He is decisive and he’ll play with chip on his shoulder. Numbers sometimes lie but this isn’t the case with this guy. And the eye test doesn’t lie either. He can play Div 1 football

Advertisement
Watch his highlights and tell me you think this kid is even close to as dynamic on the run as king.
In my opinion he doesn’t need to be D King. The kid just needs to be good enough to get us W’s. I want the game manager that won’t turn the ball over but is good enough to not be the focal point of the offense. A guy like Dorsey that wasn’t all world but that embraced his role and lead by example and plays with emotion and played for the love of the game his teammates and winning and wanting to compete. There’s a lot of divas now a days and they take after focks like Lefraud James and Prime. Selfish self glorifying mentality that is a cancer. Van Yikes is a perfect example, Ward is another one that drank his dad’s Kool-Aid and wants more than the Canes offer which tops every other. Go figure😂🤣Fock’em. I wouldn’t care about a Big name. Here at Miami we had been chasing Ghosts and kept going after the glamorous and forgot to go after what wins ball games. Wario thought he had him since it’s known he had a signed NIL deal right? Mental toughness is one of the best qualities Wario brings and that’s including for us fans😂🤣,Wario’s school of hard-knocks. It’s a hard-knock life…😩

The problem I have with Puffenburger is we turned down Dante Moore and Malachi Nelson because we wanted a proven, sure thing. 2024 was too important and we needed to win now.

Well no disrespect to UAlbany, but FCS football is barely above highschool level competition. The adjustment to the ACC for him will be massive… windows close a lot faster, the speed of the game. I basically view him as a high school recruit given the competition he’s played.

Contrast that with Taulia. He has proven himself against BETTER competition than he will play at Miami. He won’t be facing Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan here. If anythin, the speed of the game will slow down and we can reliably say he’ll match or exceed his performance at Maryland here at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back