Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in another transfer thread but He's not a high P5 starter, could eventually start at a low P5 team but probably ends up back in a league like the Sunbelt/CUSA where he was before transfering to Albany for playing time.

Would much rather start JB/Judd/Emory than him if it comes down to it.

Advertisement
Stevo @365Canes-Football is who does film breakdowns and has been on the podcasts with Peter, has been raving about this kid, fwiw. He likes him better than Salter.

Anybody who has a clue about what they’re watching would love this kid.

They’d rather drool over an overhyped UDFA in Cam Ward who 3 years ago was playing worse comp than he was.

@WeBallinBoyz
Screenshot_20240106_111634_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Anybody who has a clue about what they’re watching would love this kid.

They’d rather drool over an overhyped UDFA in Cam Ward who 3 years ago was playing worse comp than he was.
He arguably regressed from 2022 to 2023.

2022: 227/369 (61.5%), 2,999yds (8.1yd/att), 24 TDs, 4 INTs.
104 carries for 127 yards (sacked 35 times), 2 TDs, 5 fumbles.

2023: 276/471 (58.5%), 3,614yds (7.7yd/att), 36 TDs, 13 INTs.
105 carries for 183 yards (sacked 36 times), 6 TDs, 3 fumbles.

We’re not winning 7 games with him at QB, sorry to break your heart. He’s not some diamond in the rough, he’s a bunch of ***** in the rough.

He’s not even 6 feet. He’s closer to 5’11’’.

22/38 for 194 yds against Marshall, 2 Total TDs and a Fumble

10/31 for 93 yards against Hawaii, INT and a fumble (oh, I thought only Cam Ward had a fumbling problem)…

Followed that up against mighty Morgan St and mustered 23 points in double OT: 10/23 for 142 yards, 2 TDS and an INT.

I’m not going to continue…there’s a reason no one is clamoring for this kid. He’s just not P5 level and the lack of reciprocation in the portal from anyone else signifies that.

Last edited:

We’re not winning 7 games with him at QB, sorry to break your heart. He’s not some diamond in the rough, he’s a bunch of ***** in the rough.

10/31 for 93 yards against Hawaii, INT and a fumble (oh, I thought only Cam Ward had a fumbling problem)…

Followed that up against mighty Morgan St and mustered 23 points in double OT: 10/23 for 142 yards, 2 TDS and an INT.

I’m not going to continue…there’s a reason no one is clamoring for this kid. He’s just not P5 level and the lack of reciprocation in the portal from anyone else signifies that.
Lmfao…but think Cam will? News flash - if he couldn’t do it @ Wash St he wouldn’t do it here.

Advertisement

I’m seeing a lot of these types of takes, which is fine, but the reality is no one saying what you’re saying is familiar with UAlbany’s football program — a doormat in the FCS since its inception.

Even in his highlights, he’s running for his life; he never had more than a second or two in the pocket, and he still put up video game numbers.

No one here is clamoring for him to be our plan A or B choice, but it’s becoming increasingly evident that we’re not landing any top-tier quarterback with the possible exception of Baby Tua. And even that’s not a slam dunk due to the waiver issue.

If you take this kid, it’s because you need added competition. JB and EW could use someone like this to push them, and if they can’t beat him out — someone most of the board views as horrible — then that tells us everything we need to know about them.

I get the reservations about his height. I understand people being left feeling apprehensive after viewing his stats against FBS teams, but do yourselves a favor: read up on UAlbany or watch full games before you poke jabs at this kid.

Alright dude, you let me know when a program worth a **** wants a 5’11’’ Hufflepuff with more turnovers than TVD had vs. significantly worse competition.

harry potter rowling GIF
****** argument. Especially being he himself scored 42 TDs last year.

I’m seeing a lot of these types of takes, which is fine, but the reality is no one saying what you’re saying is familiar with UAlbany’s football program — a doormat in the FCS since its inception.

Even in his highlights, he’s running for his life; he never had more than a second or two in the pocket, and he still put up video game numbers.

No one here is clamoring for him to be our plan A or B choice, but it’s becoming increasingly evident that we’re not landing any top-tier quarterback with the possible exception of Baby Tua. And even that’s not a slam dunk due to the waiver issue.

If you take this kid, it’s because you need added competition. JB and EW could use someone like this to push them, and if they can’t beat him out — someone most of the board views as horrible — then that tells us everything we need to know about them.

I get the reservations about his height. I understand people being left feeling apprehensive after viewing his stats against FBS teams, but do yourselves a favor: read up on UAlbany or watch full games before you poke jabs at this kid.
Thank you… they don’t even care that a lesser QB from the same conference is about to run PJ Flecks offense.

Agree with this. If you take him, it’s to add competition to the room.

But that’s my problem. In Year 3 of the Mario Cristobal era…how do we not have a). A viable starting option at QB, and b), a QB worth a **** that wants to come here?

For as strong of a recruiter as he is, why are we struggling so bad to recruit the most important position in college football? It’s project after project. Year 3 is too imperative to walk into the Swamp with a project.

With the amount of money we’re offering at the position, to not a top five portal QB is quite frankly embarrassing.

Advertisement
****** argument. Especially being he himself scored 42 TDs last year.
Against the schools of the blind lol.

AND HE HAD MORE TURNOVERS THAN TVD AT THE FCS LEVEL. LOL.

Wake up man, it’s ok to admit not every prospect is “SOMEONE BRING THE BRINKS TRUCKS!”

I mean Jesus Christ guys, it has nothing to do with the kid. I have no personal hatred…just look at the film, the competition, the stats, and his national interest (or lack thereof).

It’s not hard to deduce the obvious. There’s no secret here.

Wake up man, it’s ok to admit not every prospect is “SOMEONE BRING THE BRINKS TRUCKS!”
You might as well write “I don’t know wtf I’m talking about“ as a reply.

I mean Jesus Christ guys, it has nothing to do with the kid. I have no personal hatred…just look at the film, the competition, the stats, and his national interest (or lack thereof).

It’s not hard.
Who ever said to “bring the brinks truck” for this kid?

Advertisement

2022: 227/369 (61.5%), 2,999yds (8.1yd/att), 24 TDs, 4 INTs.
104 carries for 127 yards (sacked 35 times), 2 TDs, 5 fumbles.

2023: 276/471 (58.5%), 3,614yds (7.7yd/att), 36 TDs, 13 INTs.
105 carries for 183 yards (sacked 36 times), 6 TDs, 3 fumbles.

I’m not a huge fan of 5-11/6’ QBs. That said, The kid has some nice traits and is very athletic but he’s a risk to take as the only one and done type qb we take.

I’d be curious to see what ward’s numbers were at IW versus much better comp. Also, how many FCS QBs go on to start at p5 schools their first year in? Im genuinely curious, because my sense is that a guy like ward is the exception rather than the norm.

Let's assume we're talking about Poffenbarger as a possible QB2 take, not a QB1 take. Are there any others out there that are better QB2 options in the portal?

You might as well write “I don’t know wtf I’m talking about“ as a reply.
The truth really hurts doesn’t it. Really emotional response it seems.

Memnon dunked on your grave a while back for this, and it seems you haven’t learned your lesson. The fact you mentioned this kid in the same sentence as Cam Ward shows me what I’m dealing with.

Let's assume we're talking about Poffenbarger as a possible QB2 take, not a QB1 take. Are there any others out there that are better QB2 options in the portal?

I don’t think you’re gonna get a lot of pushback for folks if he’s a qb2 option. I think it would be fine, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back