Reese Poffenbarger HL

Advertisement
Is he a better talent than Clayton Tune? Dawson had some good numbers with him and he didnt look like a world beater at QB. Kid seems like he can at least work the intermediate and shallow routes with good timing. Rb wheel routes and routes to TE should be a staple and he can make those throws easy just from the HL.

You never know with FCS QBs. Look at Western Kentucky who wanted him to be their next QB, they took Austin Reed and Bailey Zappe from FCS and both lit it up, there are plenty of FCS QBs who go on to play in the NFL. He now gives us legit competition for JB and Emory. Keep recruiting other QBs and if no QB1 emerges in spring then add another guy.

Im not a talent evaluator and not even going to act like I know ****. What I do know, is I would've killed to see some of those throws made for us this year.

If he does become the starter, ball security/turnovers will be the most important thing. They killed us this year.
All of this right here!!...

JC

All jokes apart: he looks like a gamer and a fun player in general, will see if his game will translate in the mighty ACC.

I’m surprised Corchobal liked him, he doesn't seem his kind of QB. Maybe this is all Dawson pushing for him after the Ward fiasco.
Feels like there was similar hype and excitement are Martell as well and that dude was ***

Advertisement
Nothing against this kid, but the only justification is to stash him as a developmental QB. If looking for a lower tier QB but who could be compete for the starting job, I would have preferred Jordan McCloud. McCloud has played better competition and there aren't as many questions of whether he can play in the ACC- JMU actually beat UVA this season, and McClouds stat line was 20/34 224 yards 1 TD, 0 INTs 32 yards rushing (5 ypc)

Advertisement
You never know with FCS QBs. Look at Western Kentucky who wanted him to be their next QB, they took Austin Reed and Bailey Zappe from FCS and both lit it up, there are plenty of FCS QBs who go on to play in the NFL. He now gives us legit competition for JB and Emory. Keep recruiting other QBs and if no QB1 emerges in spring then add another guy.
I get why people take other QBs as examples.

The difference between WKU and Miami:

Western Kentucky runs a good offense.

Miami... nah.

This has been posted in a few places, but figured it should have its own thread so it doesn’t get buried.

Is he going to be Stetson Bennett or a Tate Martell/Daniel Stegall hybrid? We will learn a lot in spring:

358d86d3d356cf101e143f983c5e59ed.gif

Advertisement
If we still take Taulia given his waiver is granted. What is gonna happen with our QB depth, do we expect one the leave during spring portal?

If we still take Taulia given his waiver is granted. What is gonna happen with our QB depth, do we expect one the leave during spring portal?
Pure speculation here but IMO JB is out post spring if he isn't named QB1. I think he was on his way out the door before the bowl game situation....

Did you watch film? He throws a great deep ball and has more than enough arm strength. My biggest fear is can he take a pounding in the Acc? All the tools are there. He’s a legit 6 foot but Mayfield is a lot thicker ( all kinds of pause in this one). I was actually impressed by the film. I’d still like Taulia and have this kid for 25.

His film is actually really good. It’s the stuff not in his highlights that has me thinking he’s not able to be a decent starter in P5. But I’m thrilled we have more competition in the QB room.

Advertisement
Dont see it with the arm strength (or maybe its just that he doesnt get a tight, high rpm spiral which affects velocity). I prefer true arm talent guys but he is fun to watch, plays QB like a pointguard. Sees the field well and finds the open guy even when scrambling around under pressure.

He is a Cane now so I want to see him do well and hope he proves everyone wrong
****, point guard is a good analogy. He scans the field and finds his target. Not saying he's going to win the job, but that's a trait we haven't seen much of lately, and one we desperately need. When you have the weapons, you need a QB that can find them.

TVD had the tools but not the mindset....

Reese may or may not pan out but I'm all on board with a QB who's got some confidence and mental toughness.
Mario and Dawson are going to bring him into the deep and we need a QB able to handle that level of adversity.

WKU wanting him peeked my interest in him then I watched the film. FCs kids are a 50-50 shot but he’s a lot better then I expected reading the board.

Advertisement
Back