Reese Poffenbarger HL

Dont see it with the arm strength (or maybe its just that he doesnt get a tight, high rpm spiral which affects velocity). I prefer true arm talent guys but he is fun to watch, plays QB like a pointguard. Sees the field well and finds the open guy even when scrambling around under pressure.

He is a Cane now so I want to see him do well and hope he proves everyone wrong

Watch some of his deep posts and corner routes. Ball gets there in a hurry. He's not gonna throw it 70+ but he's got a stronger arm than Howard and maybe Taulia too.

Advertisement
Active in pocket, needs to look off defenders. That was my concern with TVD, he was gonna be where he was at in the pocket and staring ppl down. I like the pickup bc he has game snaps and it’s not a hs kid. If the game slows down for him, who knows. Know let’s get qb coach. Jb footwork is atrocious.

Active in pocket, needs to look off defenders. That was my concern with TVD, he was gonna be where he was at in the pocket and staring ppl down. I like the pickup bc he has game snaps and it’s not a hs kid. If the game slows down for him, who knows. Know let’s get qb coach. Jb footwork is atrocious.
Now*

If this kid can competently read a defense and get the ball to the open guy while occasionally avoiding a rusher or getting us 4 on first down instead of 2nd & 14 all the damned time then so be it. The dearth of competent QB for this program is striking.

A steadier hand puts us out of range of GTech and maybe we steal one against UNC/NCSU.

Advertisement
1704756572322.png

No pitcher for this one... .straight to the shots....

Advertisement
I want the kid to kill it just for receipts.
People that get paid millions to evaluate talent for nfl teams get this sht wrong all the **** time. And that includes 3-4 years of p5 highlights that are watched and attending games.

But cis knows everything.
Does it look bad? Yes
Are we gonna get clowned? Yes
Were we not making fun of uga with Bennet and fsu with Travis?
Calm tf down everyone.

Malachi Nelson is at freaking Idaho watching frozen potato fields!!
We would be jumping for joy and 5 pages of booty gifs if he would’ve picked us out of high school.
And then blaming everyone on this staff for “killing his development”.
One thing I’ve learned is to never clown your rival too hard lol. People here laughed at Jordan Travis right up to him having them undefeated ; breaking school records and being top five in the Heisman. Fans are dumb so I could care less what UF or FSU thinks. Helll I laughed my *** off at the Mertz take and the guy played really well. He’s the reason they won any games and kept them in games.

Advertisement
I’m starting to see a lot to like in this kid. He’s taught by an FCS-level coaching staff, throws passes to receivers who can’t get separation, and plays in front of home crowds of ~5000 fans. Great fit.
We get 5000 dont we

He’s more talented , a better athlete and polished passer but he’s who I saw too. One of the first names that popped in my head.
Ya think? I just don’t see the arm strength to have continued success against P4 defenses. I mean, I love an underdog story just not at Miami. Cause it doesn’t tend to work out for us.

I want the kid to kill it just for receipts.
People that get paid millions to evaluate talent for nfl teams get this sht wrong all the **** time. And that includes 3-4 years of p5 highlights that are watched and attending games.

But cis knows everything.
Does it look bad? Yes
Are we gonna get clowned? Yes
Were we not making fun of uga with Bennet and fsu with Travis?
Calm tf down everyone.

Malachi Nelson is at freaking Idaho watching frozen potato fields!!
We would be jumping for joy and 5 pages of booty gifs if he would’ve picked us out of high school.
And then blaming everyone on this staff for “killing his development”.
already started keeping them ... this matches with the rise of programs ... an unassuming qb that outperforms expectations (oklahoma, georgia)

Advertisement
Not much of a drop off from the Atlantic Coast Conference to the Coastal Athletic Association. If he stays away from Malik Rosier, he’ll be a fine backup to Judd “The Stud” Anderson.

Last edited:
Ya think? I just don’t see the arm strength to have continued success against P4 defenses. I mean, I love an underdog story just not at Miami. Cause it doesn’t tend to work out for us.
Did you watch film? He throws a great deep ball and has more than enough arm strength. My biggest fear is can he take a pounding in the Acc? All the tools are there. He’s a legit 6 foot but Mayfield is a lot thicker ( all kinds of pause in this one). I was actually impressed by the film. I’d still like Taulia and have this kid for 25.

Did you watch film? He throws a great deep ball and has more than enough arm strength. My biggest fear is can he take a pounding in the Acc. All the tools are there. He’s a legit 6 foot but Mayfield is a lot thicker ( all kinds of pause in this one). I was actually impressed by the film. I’d still like Taulia and have this kid for 25.
Nah, bro, it’s cooler to just call him hufflepuff and point out his numbers against FBS schools while ignoring critical context.

Advertisement
Back