Reese Poffenbarger HL

All the more reason why the transfer portal route was always a mistake.

High school kids are more willing to take the risk because they still have 4 years to play.

You’re asking high school kids to date Mario.

You’re asking transfers to marry him.
I don’t think it’s a mistake. I’d rather take a qb who’s been coached up elsewhere than here lol.

Advertisement
I don’t think it’s a mistake. I’d rather take a qb who’s been coached up elsewhere than here lol.

Really was a worse case scenario. TVD crashes and burns AND the portal had a lot fewer legit transfers than the past couple cycles. ... My assumption had always been that they had a couple guys in their back pocket. That's where I feel like Mario and Dawson really dropped the ball.

Really was a worse case scenario. TVD crashes and burns AND the portal had a lot fewer legit transfers than the past couple cycles. ... My assumption had always been that they had a couple guys in their back pocket. That's where I feel like Mario and Dawson really dropped the ball.
Taulia is in Their back pocket . Ward is still in talks. If both don’t happen then we have that conversation

Taulia is in Their back pocket . Ward is still in talks. If both don’t happen then we have that conversation

Come on now brother. That's like saying we have two bullets in the chamber, spin. Not a great approach to securing a return on a 50M program. ... I was all for the portal strategy. But they needed to have someone locked down not "maybe locked down".

Come on now brother. That's like saying we have two bullets in the chamber, spin. Not a great approach to securing a return on a 50M program.
What? You want six bullets ? Taulia was always the backup plan. I was talking about him Dec 2. I’m sorry I won’t lose my mind yet like some of y’all. We needed qb’s for spring beens Emory is out and all we have is JB , maybe Judd. If this guy is the only qb we add let’s talk then.

Advertisement
Did you watch film? He throws a great deep ball and has more than enough arm strength. My biggest fear is can he take a pounding in the Acc? All the tools are there. He’s a legit 6 foot but Mayfield is a lot thicker ( all kinds of pause in this one). I was actually impressed by the film. I’d still like Taulia and have this kid for 25.
I watched the film. I felt like there were a LOT of floaters that while they show touch, didn’t exactly drive the ball down field. I also recall many receivers waiting for deep balls to get there. His stats vs good teams were hot garbage. I believe someone posted them vs Hawaii and SDSt(maybe) and it was not good

I like his athleticism but worry that Albany was the peak of his abilities. I don’t think he beats out a healthy Emory.

Not gonna rag on Poff the magic dragon... he's a kid livin his dream.
As an insurance policy...fine, always need dudes to run the scout team.
But some of y'all are reaching for the fckn starsss 😂😂

Ya'll just love making up arguments. I've seen like a handful of people at most, who were happy with the QB recruiting. Go back to the Judd threads, 99% of the board knew that he wasn't good enough

What the **** you guys talking about man :pgdead:
Screenshot_20240108_203130_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
This has been posted in a few places, but figured it should have its own thread so it doesn’t get buried.

Is he going to be Stetson Bennett or a Tate Martell/Daniel Stegall hybrid? We will learn a lot in spring:

Teeth Weirdo GIF

All jokes apart: he looks like a gamer and a fun player in general, will see if his game will translate in the mighty ACC.

I’m surprised Corchobal liked him, he doesn't seem his kind of QB. Maybe this is all Dawson pushing for him after the Ward fiasco.
This is dawson guy

Fair lol

But that one poster was making it seem like it was a majority of the board. Too lazy to look back at all the threads, but almost everyone in this one from the summer knew

I think comment is directed more at D$ than CIS since the majority are followers.

Advertisement
Did you watch film? He throws a great deep ball and has more than enough arm strength. My biggest fear is can he take a pounding in the Acc? All the tools are there. He’s a legit 6 foot but Mayfield is a lot thicker ( all kinds of pause in this one). I was actually impressed by the film. I’d still like Taulia and have this kid for 25.
Ok, so based on film review is he the Game One starter in Gainesville?

I want the kid to kill it just for receipts.
People that get paid millions to evaluate talent for nfl teams get this sht wrong all the **** time. And that includes 3-4 years of p5 highlights that are watched and attending games.

But cis knows everything.
Does it look bad? Yes
Are we gonna get clowned? Yes
Were we not making fun of uga with Bennet and fsu with Travis?
Calm tf down everyone.

Malachi Nelson is at freaking Idaho watching frozen potato fields!!
We would be jumping for joy and 5 pages of booty gifs if he would’ve picked us out of high school.
And then blaming everyone on this staff for “killing his development”.
+36 trillion or whatever it is now

Advertisement
One thing I’ve learned is to never clown your rival too hard lol. People here laughed at Jordan Travis right up to him having them undefeated ; breaking school records and being top five in the Heisman. Fans are dumb so I could care less what UF or FSU thinks. Helll I laughed my *** off at the Mertz take and the guy played really well. He’s the reason they won any games and kept them in games.
Yeah but seeing this kid, I can say I understand for depth purposes. But if we go into the season with this kid thinking he's a starter, I'll take a hard pass. Seeing his highlights I'd really question his arm and his reads. Myself for years I've been talking up Travis and I said Mertz was a good pick up for them. I'm hoping I'm wrong with this kid cause knowing some of the other people we were talking to I just see him as possibly a wasted scholarship unless it's with the mindset he's a back up. That's key I think.

Ya'll just love making up arguments. I've seen like a handful of people at most, who were happy with the QB recruiting. Go back to the Judd threads, 99% of the board knew that he wasn't good enough

What the **** you guys talking about man :pgdead:

This is changing the point and making it about how good Judd is or isn’t.

But that wasnt the argument I was addressing and what caused so much debate.

It was QB recruiting philosophy.

Advertisement
Back