Redshirts

ABizzle

Recruit
IMO this is a big part of getting back to where we need to be.. Who did we end up redshirting this year?

Crawford? Did he play Special Teams?
Ricardo Williams?

Buchanon got his medical... But I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head...

Advertisement
The only guys who played zero snaps were Goudis, Johnson, Crawford, Williams, Wells, Alexis, King.

Chick, Perryman, Dorsett, Grimble, Pierre, Paul, Finnie each played in most of the games.

Armbrister and Scott each played in less than 4 games and should be eligible to receive a medical hardship.

Didn't Corey king also get his redshirt lifted?
Bottom line we need to get back to redshirting; just We need the depth to do so...

Advertisement
Someone look up the rule, please.

But, I believe that once you play a single play your first season, the RS is lifted. The medical RS is less clear, but basically, I believe that in your first year if you get injured before a number of snaps before game 4 (IIRC), then you're ELIGIBLE for a medical RS. The medical hardship that Buch got, is a bit different and can only occur after you've used your first year RS.

5 year clock begins when arriving

there is a red shirt that = 0 plays for the season
there is a medical hardship waiver = appeared in 30% of the teams games with nothing after the midway point
then there is a 6th year of eligibilty

Someone look up the rule, please.

But, I believe that once you play a single play your first season, the RS is lifted. The medical RS is less clear, but basically, I believe that in your first year if you get injured before a number of snaps before game 4 (IIRC), then you're ELIGIBLE for a medical RS. The medical hardship that Buch got, is a bit different and can only occur after you've used your first year RS.

Here is the rule.

One play is football is specifically mentioned as voiding a redshirt.

A medical hardship is something different that people commonly confuse with a redshirt.

Advertisement
If you look at the roster thread tacked above, its going to be years before we can seriously redshirt anyone that can play.

Ricardo Williams, Eddie Johnson and Dallas Crawford are three guys who should really benefit from the redshirt. They have some promise and are important to the rebuilding of the defense.

Ricardo Williams, Eddie Johnson and Dallas Crawford are three guys who should really benefit from the redshirt. They have some promise and are important to the rebuilding of the defense.

I'm really curious to see what the ceiling is for these 3. I never really got a good feel for what I thought any of these 3 were capable of from recruiting clips.

Advertisement

D (or anyone in the know) has Ricardo put on significant weight?

Advertisement

We need all 3 guys to be ready to go next year. Hopefully Williams has bulked up and can help off-set the loss of Vernon.

You guys know a lot more about this than I do, but my very first reaction upon reading the topic was . . . WHAT redshirts?

I too, think it's going to be a couple more years before we can afford redshirts.

In the interim, it's going to be a balls-to-the-wall, gnashing-of-teeth, sink or swim for our bevy of talented freshmen.

Definitely. I saw him on the sidelines a couple times and he is a different person. He looks the part now. I'd say he's pushing the 235 range now.

Definitely. I saw him on the sidelines a couple times and he is a different person. He looks the part now. I'd say he's pushing the 235 range now.
AU who is that in your avatar????

Advertisement
Back