Recruits Visits?

Advertisement
I dont care if they go out of state to get kids, IF they get them

That's a pretty convenient position to take. Win-win either way for you. Coaches/recruiters unfortunately don't get to live by that thought process. It's funny, because it seems our fanbase is split. Some say stay in FLA, some say leave the state only for elite players. Therein lies the problem - if you're going after elite prospects OOS, you're not guaranteed to get them, but if you didn't try, the rest of the fans are mad.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That's a pretty convenient position to take. Win-win either way for you. Coaches/recruiters unfortunately don't get to live by that thought process. It's funny, because it seems our fanbase is split. Some say stay in FLA, some say leave the state only for elite players. Therein lies the problem - if you're going after elite prospects OOS, you're not guaranteed to get them, but if you didn't try, the rest of the fans are mad.

Im in between i want a team mixed with OOS and local kids, much like butchs teams, like i said im cool with it IF they get the kids

Im in between i want a team mixed with OOS and local kids, much like butchs teams, like i said im cool with it IF they get the kids

You're not going to land every kid. That's recruiting. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't spend time recruiting him.

How can you have an OOS lock? No way to know if you're going to get them or not to that standard.

Advertisement

You're not going to land every kid. That's recruiting. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't spend time recruiting him.

How can you have an OOS lock? No way to know if you're going to get them or not to that standard.

Good recruiters know when the kid is considering them or not, either by inside info or just their impression of the kid

I don't mind the staff heading OOS I just want them to have a better feel for their chances with those OOS kids. Don't pass on a local kid thinking you "might" get the OOS kid.

Well since i created this looks like the coaches themselves have taken to twitter to announce where they are going. They are using a "Boarding Pass" Theme

Hurile-ATL
Scott-VA
Ice-ATL
Kehoe-DET
Melvin-NC
Beard-DC

of course we don't know where D'no or Paul Williams is lol

View attachment 30300

What the actual **** is Kehoe doing in Detroit? When is the last time we landed someone from Michigan?

Hes going after http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Onwenu-30957

Advertisement
I just dont understand. Why none of our reporters.never know where our coaches but FSU reporters know every step.of every coach.
Does UM have reporters for 247 Rivals etc

Yeah but none them know any thing besides interviewing players. Gary Ferman sidekick Schodell seems to be the best out of all those rejects.

I wish Josh Newberg was covering Miami, but I guess it makes sense that this staff has the worst recruiting reporters (besides Pete).

Newberg seems very pro FSU

Bartow is national but focused on the Southeast, he's seems plugged in with Clemson & Miami

Advertisement
BTW, from what I've seen on twitter:

Coley --> Cali
Beard --> Baltimore & Washington, DC
Scott --> Richmond, VA & New Orleans
Hurlie & ICE --> ATL
Randy Melvin --> Raleigh

Advertisement
FIX THE FENCE, THEN CHERRY PICK!! When will we learn??!!

The **** you talking about

He wants to fix the "fence" around south Florida and then cherry pick from out of state. However he forgets that Howard and Jimmy aren't the only coaches willing to visit kids in Overtown anymore. Saban, Strong, Jimbo, McElwain, etc. have no problems going after those kids. Not saying we shouldn't do better in south Florida, because we should. Just saying the the problem isn't as easy to fix as Rellyrell thinks.

FIX THE FENCE, THEN CHERRY PICK!! When will we learn??!!

The **** you talking about

He wants to fix the "fence" around south Florida and then cherry pick from out of state. However he forgets that Howard and Jimmy aren't the only coaches willing to visit kids in Overtown anymore. Saban, Strong, Jimbo, McElwain, etc. have no problems going after those kids. Not saying we shouldn't do better in south Florida, because we should. Just saying the the problem isn't as easy to fix as Rellyrell thinks.

This problem is currently being addressed

The 16 class has no OL in South Florida

Coaches always to build to relationships OOS not just for this year but next year or in case they move on

PER 247

The Miami coaching staff is hitting new areas of the country on Wednesday.

Today the UM coaches are making their way to Texas, which currently ranks as the state with the third most 2016 offers. Miami has offered 22 prospects from Texas.

Defensive line coach Randy Melvin is traveling from North Carolina to Texas.

Offensive line coach Art Kehoe is traveling from Detroit, Michigan to Dallas, Texas today.

UM offensive coordinator James Coley is traveling to Los Angeles, California to search for talent in that area of the country.

Tight ends coach Larry Scott is traveling from Virginia to New Orleans, Louisiana. Miami has offered 11 players from Louisiana.

Wide receivers coach is staying in the Washington D.C. area, but is focusing on Baltimore, Maryland today.

Have to give the staff credit. they have been offering everybody and they grandma for the 2016,2017,2018 and 2019 class. They have exceeded their efforts in the past month then they have in the past 4 years.

Advertisement
Back