Recruits see Garcia

Advertisement
Advertisement
No recruit cares what someone does in a spring game. Not one.

There may be some, ex teammates and the oddity out there, a recruit who watches a ton of college football or follows a team closely.

This day and age though, they don't watch or follow things like they did before technology came around. My teammates and I would get together and watch games on the weekends, the occasional game during the week. We talked about everything. Now give a recruit an option to hang out and play a video game or watch some football game, bet they're playing the video game. Nevermind social media and chicks.

Sports are in for a big reckoning in years to come. There's more competition for viewers than there ever has been and kids these days aren't into watching games like the two or three generations that came before. That's the biggest threat to sports, not CTE or anything else.

There may be some, ex teammates and the oddity out there, a recruit who watches a ton of college football or follows a team closely.

This day and age though, they don't watch or follow things like they did before technology came around. My teammates and I would get together and watch games on the weekends, the occasional game during the week. We talked about everything. Now give a recruit an option to hang out and play a video game or watch some football game, bet they're playing the video game. Nevermind social media and chicks.

Sports are in for a big reckoning in years to come. There's more competition for viewers than there ever has been and kids these days aren't into watching games like the two or three generations that came before. That's the biggest threat to sports, not CTE or anything else.
Agree with you.When I was young(80s and 90s) I would watch and follow just about every sport,now I only do that with the canes and some NFL.You'd have to pay me to get me to watch a full baseball or basketball game.

Advertisement
Agree with you.When I was young(80s and 90s) I would watch and follow just about every sport,now I only do that with the canes and some NFL.You'd have to pay me to get me to watch a full baseball or basketball game.

After I posted that, I was thinking how much my sports watching has declined. Like you, I used to watch pretty much most sports that were on television. I used to follow college football and basketball religiously. This was the first year I didn't watch a single college basketball game, which was crazy when it hit me.

Sure, adulting, kids, their sports, etc has happened. I always pictured following sports with the kids one day. They're 7 and 10, but forget about them watching any sport. They play them all, but have zero interest in watching a game. Maybe that will change, but I'm not holding out hope that it will. Still waiting to take them to their first Canes game, but in the back of my head I'm legitimately worried they'll be disinterested as ****. To me, that first game was one of the most memorable moments of my life.

Bro they would rather watch someone else play video games if they had the choice, lol.. prank videos, twitch, random neverending youtube videos, netflix on demand, etc, my little cousins would rather watch the highlights of a game on youtube than sit thru 4 hours of commercials.. lol

Yea back then you had no choice, lol.. it was like 6 channels.. these kids get high speed dam near 4k streamed to their phone with unlimited libraries from different platforms, then include how sticky social media is, these kids brains are melted.. I dont even want to look at their search history for the other stuff..

Yea back then you had no choice, lol.. it was like 6 channels.. these kids get high speed dam near 4k streamed to their phone with unlimited libraries from different platforms, then include how sticky social media is, these kids brains are melted.. I dont even want to look at their search history for the other stuff..
I think you must be thinking of the 50's or 60s because in the 80s we had espn and there were sports every night too.Didn't have internet obviously but kids watched mtv and played video games videos all day.

Advertisement
Bro they would rather watch someone else play video games if they had the choice, lol.. prank videos, twitch, random neverending youtube videos, netflix on demand, etc, my little cousins would rather watch the highlights of a game on youtube than sit thru 4 hours of commercials.. lol

Watching someone play a video game rather than playing it yourself, it's the strangest thing I've seen kids do. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Get in the **** game.

Watching someone play a video game rather than playing it yourself, it's the strangest thing I've seen kids do. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Get in the **** game.
I totally agree with you. But when I confronted my 7 year old son and asked him why it is so interesting to watch somebody else play a videogame and not playing it himself he just answered: "Why do you watch Football and Soccer and not play it yourself?" I have to say I was at loss for words. Up to this day I still could not counter his argument....

Advertisement
I totally agree with you. But when I confronted my 7 year old son and asked him why it is so interesting to watch somebody else play a videogame and not playing it himself he just answered: "Why do you watch Football and Soccer and not play it yourself?" I have to say I was at loss for words. Up to this day I still could not counter his argument....

He can still try it, while your time has passed. If I could go out and ball daily, I would, but it's passed and I accept that. Kids and I just started computer gaming together with two of their uncles. It's a blast, but **** there's no way I'm watching Battlefield V played by someone else. Those dudes never STFU either.

My sports watching is down at least 80%. An hour football game takes at least 3 1/2 hours, 48 minutes of
basketball goes on for 2 1/2 hours. When sitting in the stands, I can not remember how many times I would
say "let's get this game rolling" during one of the tremendously long breaks in the action. I live in south dade,
it became a day long affair to see a game live. At my age, sports on TV takes up way to much time, as life becomes
shorter. Fortunately there is plenty of other entertainment venues and things that you can do instead of sitting
in front of a commercial loaded waste land know as TV. At worst you can watch Netflix with out interruption all
month long for $7.99

Not sure I got it all. Too nuanced.
I think what he is saying is that recruits ‘seeing garcia’ should be be helping miami execute it’s offense (the O side of the ball). It’s hard to understand why, though, because recruits aren’t available to play on offense until they enroll. Very confusing, tbh.

Your 7yr old is a savage bruh lol

Advertisement
Back