Recruits React: Junior Day

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Canes played host to over 40 of the area’s top 2019 prospects on campus last Saturday for their exclusive, invite-only Junior Day weekend. Most of the attendees hold offers from Miami, and six commits from Surge19 even made it out. The prospects were brought out to UM’s Saturday spring practice, explored campus, talked academics, and tried on team jerseys. While an entire list of the attendees can be found here, we were able to catch up with a few of the players after the fact, and they shared their thoughts on the experience from their eyes.

Daniel Carter, RB, Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas)

“It was great. It was my first time visiting any school, so it went great. I like Miami and I love the school.”

Jahmar Brown, LB, Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas)

“In one word, amazing.”

Jaden Davis, CB, Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas)

“It was another good experience and it’s always a great time when I’m down at ‘the U’.”

Rian Davis, DE/LB, Apopka, FL (Wekiva)

“It was incredible. Best part was taking pictures in the uniforms and it made me feel even better about UM.”

Brandon Hill, CB, Apopka, FL (Wekiva)

“When I got there, we went to their spring practice and it was a lot of energy from the coach and players, the atmosphere was nice. Also, when I seen the campus, my eyes lit up from the size.”

Te'Cory Couch, CB, Hollywood, FL (Chaminade-Madonna)

“The trip was good. We just walked around the school, talked about the educational part of being a student at Miami, and then we talked football. We watched the team practice that morning too. I’ve always looked at Miami as one of my top schools.”

Dontae Lucas, OL, Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)

“It was great. I met with the coaches and we talked about where I would be at if I attended UM. That put them in a good spot.”

Cornelius Nunn, S, Miami, FL (Palmetto) Offered on Visit

“It was pretty awesome getting that offer from Miami because I love the way Miami plays football.”

Larry Hodges, TE, Tampa, FL (Jesuit) Miami Commit

“I had a great visit. Got a chance to watch the practice, talk to coach Richt again, and I just loved it.”

Dane Belton, S, Tampa, FL (Jesuit)

“It was great. Got to see their practice, and their enthusiasm and energy they had practicing is something I want to be a part of. Also, nothing can beat putting on the uniforms, so that was awesome getting to see yourself in their uniform.”

Jahfari Harvey, DE, Fort Pierce, FL (Vero Beach)

“I liked the energy they had in practice and how everyone was competing. I felt comfortable on my visit down there and I’m looking forward to going back for another.”

Advertisement
Nothing better than watching all the hard work CMR and his staff have put in reaping almost continuous benefits for us now.

Imo we’re a 10 win season from establishing ourselves as a perennial contender for every big name recruit and our conference championship.

But 2017 can’t be looked back in hindsight as any kind of fluke. We need to start and most importantly, finish strong this year to cement this momentum.

Last edited:
Tampa DBS glad were on: Dane Belton and John Dixon.
Hey if we can supplement the s.fla db's with a few out of area guys..im all for it. It makes that recruiting close much easier as the s.fla kids will drag out their recruiting longer. Belton looks like a kid that will blow up this spring. Dixon has some of the best film ive seen as a possible slot/nickel corner since Bandy.

Wtf was that quote from Lucas’s twitter post supposed to mean? Somebody needs to teach that kid punctuation!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tampa DBS glad were on: Dane Belton and John Dixon.
Hey if we can supplement the s.fla db's with a few out of area guys..im all for it. It makes that recruiting close much easier as the s.fla kids will drag out their recruiting longer. Belton looks like a kid that will blow up this spring. Dixon has some of the best film ive seen as a possible slot/nickel corner since Bandy.
Also makes it easier to get kids up this way (Tampa, Lakeland & Pinellas) if they see locals playing for The U. Dixon is as good as any CB we pursuing. Though we want to dominate SoFl, we can't slow play Tampa "area" top talent waiting on prima donna's like too many Miami kids as acting like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back