Recruiting

Truth hurts? I'm stating facts about our current recruiting rankings and so much butthurt

Georgia had top 5 Rivals classes every year under Richt.
hey bud 247, ESPN, and Scout have us as a top 3 class...if you weren't so moronic and did a little bit of research before you posted you would've known that.
And to add a little more flavor this all occured after Golden was gone, season was over and Richt still at Georgia.

Advertisement
Truth hurts? I'm stating facts about our current recruiting rankings and so much butthurt

Rivals and Scout evaluate more, however most of their analysts never played a lick of football only looks at offer sheets and highlights. Both services have been around longer one would expect more. Their 4* rankings usually stops at a UM recruit which allows me to believe "right now" they don't believe in our talent based on our latest field production. 247 and ESPN seems to have more....it's like they just throw stars everywhere until postseason. I do agree that it would be nice to land more highly ranked players on all services to round out the class. I trust the staff is currently planting seeds to grow once those wins come to pass.

Last edited:

Rivals and Scout evaluate more, however most of their analysts never played a lick of football only looks at offer sheets and highlights. Both services have been around longer one would expect more. Their 4* rankings usually stops at a UM recruit which allows me to believe "right now" they don't believe in our talent based on our latest field production. 247 and ESPN seems to have more....it's like they just throw stars everywhere until postseason. I do agree that it would be nice to land more highly ranked players on all services to round out the class. I trust the staff is currently planting seeds to grow once those wins come to pass.
Scout, ESPN, and 247 have us as a top 3 class rivals is the only one who doesn't

According to Rivals, we have one kid out of 14 commitments who isn't a three star

FSU has 6, to compare

In my opinion we need to land elite guys, like the multiple guys at IMG and STA, Jerry Jeudy, Brisn Edwards, vandarius Cowan, Cyrus ***an, Deandre Wilder, Slaton, Stanford Samuels, Daniel Wright, Lemons, Marco Wilson, Guy Thomas, Trajan Bandy, Telfort, Kai-Leon Herbert, etc

This class looking a lot like last year so far

Need to lock down

Hey, John McCane is back!!!!

Advertisement
It's very odd to see a new screen name make a controversial post looking to get inflammatory reactions. Never see that.

Smh...DONT FEED THE TROLLS!

But I have too.....Hmmmm, let me get this right, you're saying we need more 4*'s in this class & Coach Richt isn't doing his JOB?
Where were you when goldy was here.... Dude, you just became my favorite porster!! Please tell us again how much we suck...

Scout, ESPN, and 247 have us as a top 3 class rivals is the only one who doesn't
Well, that's cuz UM has more commits.....I don't care much about rankings right now...... I always wait til post season rankings come out after they evaluate senior film. Still, doesn't mean it will be done correctly. At the end of the day, after a winning season the entire recruiting process will go in our favor.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Well, that's cuz UM has more commits.....I don't care much about rankings right now...... I always wait til post season rankings come out after they evaluate senior film. Still, doesn't mean it will be done correctly. At the end of the day, after a winning season the entire recruiting process will go in our favor.
We only have 12 true commits with 6 4* stars and two on the borderline of becoming four stars. Our class isn't only numbers. Nick Roberts and Ahman Ross probably won't even be here, maybe even Bentavious Thompson with how may RB's we're recruiting.

Last edited:
Who has this new staff taken that's a reach?

Just for the sake of debate, I'll take this one on.

First off, we're a sleeping giant that's been out cold for a while now. We've gotta prove it on the field for some of the more elite recruits. Richt landed class after class at UGA with studs everywhere. I have no complaints really with the recruiting job this staff has done so far.

Having said that, I'm greedy and always want more. The following would be my reaches, or rather guys I'm not sold on yet.

Rodney Scott, he's slow. He doesn't look quick either, so those two things have me concerned mainly because it's early and there's plenty of guys still open. The speedster from the Muck doesn't have an offer and if you're going to get one, give me the guy with speed to burn. I really don't understand the offer other than Scott is taller.

The TE, Polendy. Let me preface this by saying we've been so spoiled at this position that perhaps it isn't even fair to comment on this young man. He doesn't seem to possess the athleticism we're used to, but perhaps that isn't important to Richt as we need some guys who can block and he looks good there.

Who has this new staff taken that's a reach?

Just for the sake of debate, I'll take this one on.

First off, we're a sleeping giant that's been out cold for a while now. We've gotta prove it on the field for some of the more elite recruits. Richt landed class after class at UGA with studs everywhere. I have no complaints really with the recruiting job this staff has done so far.

Having said that, I'm greedy and always want more. The following would be my reaches, or rather guys I'm not sold on yet.

Rodney Scott, he's slow. He doesn't look quick either, so those two things have me concerned mainly because it's early and there's plenty of guys still open. The speedster from the Muck doesn't have an offer and if you're going to get one, give me the guy with speed to burn. I really don't understand the offer other than Scott is taller.

The TE, Polendy. Let me preface this by saying we've been so spoiled at this position that perhaps it isn't even fair to comment on this young man. He doesn't seem to possess the athleticism we're used to, but perhaps that isn't important to Richt as we need some guys who can block and he looks good there.
Polendey is not a Njoku or Herndon I get that but you're comparing apples to oranges. Njoku and Herndon are not typical TE's, they're both more comparable to Eric Ebron. Polendey on the other hand is a traditional TE like Heath Miller or Jeremy Shockey, he's more than athletic enough to be a difference maker with proper coaching and to say he's not athletic enough is unfair with who you're comparing him too. I'll give you Rodney Scott though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Scott is a baller the kid is a take

It's the production with his clocked 40 that bothers me, he could've just ran bad but he doesn't have Dingle's production. I defended him in earlier posts because you don't have to be a burner and as I watched more tape the more I saw elite hands, you throw it anywhere near him and my bet would be he catches the ball. I just want him to run 4.7 because that's what he looks like he runs on tape

Rodney Scott has offers from Alabama,Georgia,Florida and FSU. What does it take for you fans to welcome a recruit without all the *****ing and moaning? We are lucky to have this young man.

It's the production with his clocked 40 that bothers me, he could've just ran bad but he doesn't have Dingle's production. I defended him in earlier posts because you don't have to be a burner and as I watched more tape the more I saw elite hands, you throw it anywhere near him and my bet would be he catches the ball. I just want him to run 4.7 because that's what he looks like he runs on tape

You be surpised how some of these kids 40s are, jaquan johnson ran a 5 flat at one of the events, this kid isnt a burner at all, but he has height and great hands, you need a kid like that on your team, i dont really judge kids on their 40s i judge them by what i see on the field

Advertisement

You be surpised how some of these kids 40s are, jaquan johnson ran a 5 flat at one of the events, this kid isnt a burner at all, but he has height and great hands, you need a kid like that on your team, i dont really judge kids on their 40s i judge them by what i see on the field

I don't care what the reported 40 is either as I know they're b.s. numbers to begin with.

What bothers me about Scott is he even looks slow in his film. The guys he will 've facing at this level will only get faster, so it's a concern.

Those listing offers, maybe he has them and maybe he doesn't. A lot of times the offer lists reported by a recruit or service are inaccurate. The offers are according to the recruit and sometimes they don't know if it's just interest or actually commitable.

Either way, if that's a legitimate offer list, I'd love to know what they see that I don't.

Again on the greedy but, I also have several RB's ahead of Thompson.

I don't remember for sure, but didn't he give his verbal to Golden or was it Richt?

Again on the greedy but, I also have several RB's ahead of Thompson.

I don't remember for sure, but didn't he give his verbal to Golden or was it Richt?

Golden...I think the takes are Anthony McFarland Jr, Robert Burns, and Darrian Felix and he's a plan B with Malik Davis but back to Scott they see length with hands like glue...his tape is a little deceiving but I'm willing to bet he runs 4.7 because that's what he looks like imo

I don't care what the reported 40 is either as I know they're b.s. numbers to begin with.

What bothers me about Scott is he even looks slow in his film. The guys he will 've facing at this level will only get faster, so it's a concern.

Those listing offers, maybe he has them and maybe he doesn't. A lot of times the offer lists reported by a recruit or service are inaccurate. The offers are according to the recruit and sometimes they don't know if it's just interest or actually commitable.

Either way, if that's a legitimate offer list, I'd love to know what they see that I don't.

Hes smooth, has great hands and high points well thats what they see, he aint a burner like i said the kid is a solid prospect

Advertisement
Back