Recruiting Update 4/15/18: Post Spring Game

View as article
Great info. Smh with the DB ofcourse everyone want prototypical CB like TC or PS2 but dam what about the bandys and Samuels of the world. Missing out on good players.

Advertisement
Not hearing much on Tae Williams and Leondard Manuel lately. Are they still solid with us or is this brewing to be a battle. Also, anymore updates with Evan Neal and Will Putnam? Saw some crystal huevos to them tonight
Two picks to FSU from a coupla pillocks shouldn't sway things

Geo, I think the burning question in this thread is regarding J. Davis and Couch. I can understand Couch not being a take, but Davis? Do they feel as if they've virtually locked up guys ahead of him on the board or did they cool on his abilities? Thanks for the write up.

Advertisement
whats the word on marcus fleming 2020 WR

anything on the OT Wright from west Virginia?
Miami still evaluating Fleming. He’s been killing it in 7on7 this year with SFE.

Wright not much on right now but Hartley is on him so his track record is great, we should be in the game but I can’t say anything concrete.

What is with the potential new offers at OT? Does it have anything to do with our current targets?
Miami doesn’t seem to be much of a player with Putnam tbh. Every time I’ve spoken to him it just doesn’t seem like he’s interested in Miami. Just expanding the board more and they’ve been evaluating and getting Wilson on campus a lot.

Not hearing much on Tae Williams and Leondard Manuel lately. Are they still solid with us or is this brewing to be a battle. Also, anymore updates with Evan Neal and Will Putnam? Saw some crystal huevos to them tonight
Tae is solid to Miami. He just came down for the spring game on Saturday. Manuel still very much committed to Miami but everyone is gonna come after him, Miami will have to continue recruiting him.

I still expect Evan Neal at Miami. I don’t think Miami is much of a player for Putnam.

as much as we hate to admit it, fsu had a homerun of a weekend. they have clear momentum over there in the sticks.

Advertisement
Geo, Most of us are looking for a mother lode infusion of line talent this year on both sides of the ball. We have a good start but I'm not seeing a lot names floating around. Are you optimistic at this point?

I'm starting to think DB wont be as big as we thought, while OL will be bigger than we thought. Trying to limit myself to as close to 25 as possible:

Offensive Total: 10
Qb - MJ jr
RB - Crowley & McIntosh
WR - Payton
TE - Hodges
OT - Neal, Wright, & Tarquin
OG - Putnam & Eguakan

Defensive Total: 16
DE - Bogle, Williams, Ingraham
DT - Sorrells, Daxon, & Tyler Davis
LB - Brooks, Pierre, & Huff (if we don't get pierre, we get Tyron Hopper).
Striker - Anthony Soloman & Keontra Smith
S - Battle & Richards
CB - Stevenson, Dixon, Sanguinetti.

Miami in Recruiting under Mark Richt shoot for every 1A player but gets stuck with 3A players.

Miami in Recruiting under Golden shot for every 1B player and got stuck with 3C players.

Advertisement
I'm starting to think DB wont be as big as we thought, while OL will be bigger than we thought. Trying to limit myself to as close to 25 as possible:

Offensive Total: 10
Qb - MJ jr
RB - Crowley & McIntosh
WR - Payton
TE - Hodges
OT - Neal, Wright, & Tarquin
OG - Putnam & Eguakan

Defensive Total: 16
DE - Bogle, Williams, Ingraham
DT - Sorrells, Daxon, & Tyler Davis
LB - Brooks, Pierre, & Huff (if we don't get pierre, we get Tyron Hopper).
Striker - Anthony Soloman & Keontra Smith
S - Battle & Richards
CB - Stevenson, Dixon, Sanguinetti.
I can see something like this, aside from Putnam & Battle. Putnam honestly not really realistic at all for Miami. They want Rique at safety. 3rd corner could be someone like renardo green who has a lot of traits like Trajan Bandy.

I think Miami is in a very good spot for Zipperer. Ingraham future is at DT.

We need to gain traction with some A+ talent before season time because as of now we may not even have a Top 10 class. I have no issue with the staff having a preference but why invest so much effort just to say there not a "take". Very confusing and it's not a good look imo.

I hope a lot changes come season time with a new IPF and a playoff run.

We're a national brand who should own the best in South FL and cherry pick as we wish.

Advertisement
We need to gain traction with some A+ talent before season time because as of now we may not even have a Top 10 class. I have no issue with the staff having a preference but why invest so much effort just to say there not a "take". Very confusing and it's not a good look imo.

I hope a lot changes come season time with a new IPF and a playoff run.

We're a national brand who should own the best in South FL and cherry pick as we wish.
With who I realistically expect Miami to land. They could still have a top 10 class. Long way to go. Miami is going to pick up some dudes through these next few months.

Advertisement
Back