Recruiting the State of Florida and Beyond

Are we comparing his first stint here? Wasn’t that his go around as a HC? He also made UNC legitimate conference contender. They weren’t going to win but they had a sick defense and was in it every year he was coach.

Bro mack brown did better at UNC than butch did he ever win more than 8 games at UNC? #Facts

Advertisement
Bro mack brown did better at UNC than butch did he ever win more than 8 games at UNC? #Facts

It’s not about Mack Brown. Brown was also a better coach. Mack coached UNC about 10 years prior to Butch arriving. He also coached UNC longer. They’re records for the years they were there were pretty similar. Anyway, after Mack Brown UNC was just a Bball school until Butch arrived.

So because we got some great out of state players FL players suck? I don't get the narrative here. Nobody says the roster should be 90% South Florida. But we shouldn't have to leave South Florida to recruit certain positions. I could find great players at the same positions (minus OL/QB/TE) of South Florida players from other schools who were beasts as well.

This doesn't change the fact that we need good better evaluations for both a mindset and athleticism of players in order to be elite. No matter where the players come from.
This also doesn't change the fact that 3* from South Florida is a 4* anywhere else is a retarded argument. But I will say, the volume of Non-Blue Chip recruits from Florida that become successful is superior than any other singular state.

Having to pull out 9-12 different states in this layout just to try and match what came out of 1 state should tell you all you need to know.

With that 01 team he aint losing to Duke......and he weakens other opponents just based off recruiting. We wouldnt get out talented by anyone

4-0 in bowl games w us. That 00 team would demolish anybody in the NCAA today.

Ppl keep talking bout his game day coaching while here; this was his 1st gig! I’ll give any 1st yr coach 4 yrs to see what’s what. Butch comes back and he reenergizes the fan base and the parents of these recruits. They know.

4-0 in bowl games w us. That 00 team would demolish anybody in the NCAA today.

Ppl keep talking bout his game day coaching while here; this was his 1st gig! I’ll give any 1st yr coach 4 yrs to see what’s what. Butch comes back and he reenergizes the fan base and the parents of these recruits. They know.
Hes probably the only choice that instills confidence in sfla in terms of recruits. Right now whoever get hired if its not a splsh is in trouble big time recruiting wise

Advertisement
Bro we arent going to out recruit Bama, UGA etc. butch cant even win conference usa wat da **** make yall think he gone get in the CFP. He never won 10 games at carolina. Mack brown did it 3 times.

FIU is undefeated in conference this year.

So because we got some great out of state players FL players suck? I don't get the narrative here. Nobody says the roster should be 90% South Florida. But we shouldn't have to leave South Florida to recruit certain positions. I could find great players at the same positions (minus OL/QB/TE) of South Florida players from other schools who were beasts as well.

This doesn't change the fact that we need good better evaluations for both a mindset and athleticism of players in order to be elite. No matter where the players come from.
This also doesn't change the fact that 3* from South Florida is a 4* anywhere else is a retarded argument. But I will say, the volume of Non-Blue Chip recruits from Florida that become successful is superior than any other singular state.

Having to pull out 9-12 different states in this layout just to try and match what came out of 1 state should tell you all you need to know.

Agreed. Just pointing out that a lot of key leaders/players on those great teams were from out of state.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back