Recruiting Recap 11/28

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Most of this is a rehash of information for those of you who are on the Recruiting Board, but this is an organized summary of today's happenings in recruiting

**I got some confirmation late last night that LSU is not actively recruiting Tim Williams at the moment:

It's been out for a few days now that LSU is no longer recruiting him, but I have a quick note to add.

Got info from a source last night who told me that LSU has meetings set up with the kids with offers who they are actively recruiting, and as of right now, Williams is not on that list for an in-home visit/face-to-face meeting.

I have stated throughout the process that I was worried LSU would come in near the end and snatch him up, but with the news that came out last week and this confirmation I got last night, it seems as though it truly will come down to FSU and Miami with the Canes holding the lead at the moment. Williams is tentatively scheduled to visit Miami in January.

**RB Derrick Green tweeted out earlier in the day that Miami was going to visit with him in-home and then I confirmed with him via text. Then a few hours later, he sent me this message--
The coach got the dates mixed up but he wanted to come tonight mom was not having it and told him maybe next week

I posted this right after that news:
My initial reaction is this: Golden and staff are very organized and it would be very unlikely of them to "mix dates up".... After the Collins in-home a couple nights ago, maybe they are feeling confident about him?

**Interestingly enough, Alex Collins was at the 'Canes basketball game, as the team got a big win over Michigan State. Collins was in a section with Deon Bush, Tracy Howard, Rayshawn Jenkins, Earl Moore, and most importantly Al Golden and Duke Johnson. Duke was sitting next to Collins almost the entire game, so it's good to see the two of them interacting. I also saw Golden talk to Collins for a while. This is a very important turn of events for Miami.

**This is something I hadn't posted on the board, but Keith Bryant told me that Miami coaches didn't come by as originally planned on Monday. I wouldn't look too much into this, because these in-home visits are fluid situations. Bryant will get multiple visits from Miami coaches within the next few weeks. He did tell me that South Carolina is coming tomorrow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You think we have a chance at Tim Williams? I heard he's leaning to Tim Williams because they are going to offer his friend. If Tim Williams wants to waste a scholarship on Tim Williams' friend, that's fine, but we shouldn't bother. Either Tim Williams comes alone, or he can go rot at Tim Williams.

You think we have a chance at Tim Williams? I heard he's leaning to Tim Williams because they are going to offer his friend. If Tim Williams wants to waste a scholarship on Tim Williams' friend, that's fine, but we shouldn't bother. Either Tim Williams comes alone, or he can go rot at Tim Williams.

Isnt tim williams the only player on the tim williams fighting tim williamses? Why is he actively recruiting tim williams again?

I think Keith Bryant ****ed Golden and staff off He's an important addition to this class but they're not gonna play his games.

Advertisement
I think Keith Bryant ****ed Golden and staff off He's an important addition to this class but they're not gonna play his games.

That's a Randy Shannon move. I don't think Golden is going to boot a kid for going through the recruiting process, not one as talented as Bryant.

Not surprising Tim Williams stopped recruiting Tim Williams, Tim Williams is not a position of need for Tim Williams

Advertisement
Pete I thought you had the inside scoop on everything? How come we gotta he deangelo money say coley is a priority now when last recruiting update you said 5% chance? Them FIU girls are takin too much of your time up.

Pete I thought you had the inside scoop on everything? How come we gotta he deangelo money say coley is a priority now when last recruiting update you said 5% chance? Them FIU girls are takin too much of your time up.

I still don't think he ends up at Miami, but things change in recruiting. It's a fact that Miami wasn't actively recruiting him until recently

Advertisement
Back