Recruiting Question 2018

I personally have no problem breaking off contact with kids that the staff truly feels are probably never going to come here. Golden and even Shannon used to recruit kids like that to the end and got stuck with taking the Jimmy Gaines and Thurston Armbristor's of the world late in the cycle.
I understand you still have to recruit the blue chip kids that you're in the game for, but give me a kid like Jason Munoz over a guy like Sorrells who doesn't play games, fills a need and has a legitimate chance to wind up the better player anyways.

Advertisement
I agree but the game has changed... those local under the radar guys are harder to find with the technology boom. Early 2000's dial-up internet was the norm, less information, less camps, easier to find under the radar kids because the radar was smaller. People can argue what they want about star rankings but chances are if a kid is ballin, he is ranked. Are there exceptions? of course but you have to land some top notch elite talent to go with a few "great" unnoticed 3 star kids.

Also listened to Jimmy Johnson (I think it was him, if I am wrong someone correct me) on how UM in his time recruited itself because we were always contending for national championships and therefore we were always on national TV, his pitch was essentially go play where your family and friends can watch you from anywhere. Nowadays I can watch the mud dogs play the cougars on ESPN the Ocho.... We just have to adapt to the changes.

There are still tons of under the radar kids in So Florida and all around the country. Info technology has improved, no doubt. But the recruiting "experts" just aren't able to few all of the 10s of thousands of H.S. players across the country.

On average, sure, a 5 star is likely to be better than a 3 star. But there are so many exceptions.

In my opinion, one of the things that made us great back in the early 2000's was that we had 3 stars and 4 stars that went unnoticed that became great. We had a coach that could evaluate talent without being caught up with the star ratings. That's what's great about SFLA. you ever see UCF and USF of the worlds get the 2 star and 3 start talent from SFLA? year in and year out we always thing, how did that kid get away from us? That's what Richt is doing. He is being thorough with evaluations. He knows our 3 star kids here in SFLA are majority better than any 4 star or 5 star around the country.

**** that. I would rather miss on the 2-3 Florida kids on USF/UCF that would actually be able to play here and have a team stacked with 3 stars. I do not want to be filled with 2-3 star Florida kids like UCF, USF, FAU, and FIU.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. The fact that you spelled "you're" right automatically makes me respect you 100x more. You would be surprised how many people call me an idiot, by saying "your an idiot".
The other idiots are still right when they say you’re an idiot. We’ve only missed on CB’s when it comes to recruiting but we’ve still gotten most of our targets. Ever heard of the terms “scheme fit” and “culture fit” ?

Advertisement
We can’t take 100 kids. There is a pecking order that none of us have any clue on how it looks. Some of you must be teenagers or just starting to follow recruiting because your post are terrible.

You're a better man than me, I wouldn't have dignified that comment with a response.

The other idiots are still right when they say you’re an idiot. We’ve only missed on CB’s when it comes to recruiting but we’ve still gotten most of our targets. Ever heard of the terms “scheme fit” and “culture fit” ?

LOL, no. It goes without saying that the only thing that matters is that we get every porster's favorite croot. Don't tell me about grades or character or scheme, just get me that guy I've decided is way better than the guy Richt has spent months evaluating.

5-star visited FSU under last coaching staff & found it boring. Not anymore

“This is the only school that can compare to LSU on everything for me. The way the staff treats you, it’s 50/50 (with LSU), it’s that real.”
Thomas still considers himself committed to LSU, but FSU gave him something to think about.
The first time I came here it was so boring, no disrespect to the last staff, but it was so boring, I was like I’m never coming back here again.
“Most definitely. It matched LSU, no school had ever matched it, FSU matched it.”

Advertisement
5-star visited FSU under last coaching staff & found it boring. Not anymore

“This is the only school that can compare to LSU on everything for me. The way the staff treats you, it’s 50/50 (with LSU), it’s that real.”
Thomas still considers himself committed to LSU, but FSU gave him something to think about.
The first time I came here it was so boring, no disrespect to the last staff, but it was so boring, I was like I’m never coming back here again.
“Most definitely. It matched LSU, no school had ever matched it, FSU matched it.”
Will he sign there or nah? Nole fans including you getting happy for no reason. That kid going to LSU period

Advertisement
Back